youtu.be/3DD3aSIbT6M
youtube.com/watch?v=TpsFWBzDHkk&index=2&list=PLz_wombvdaYCMVa6FUECmaI3Z8G5DzLsR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>le canon
Who cares nigga it's fiction

They stretched out a 300 page book into three 3 hour movies

What did you expect?

Not a scene where PJ treats Gandalf like a literal video game character

This faggot made it crystal clear that they had run out of material to work with and is one of many reasons why hobbit sucked balls

You mean like when he fought the Balrog in a freefall aerial battle in Two Towers

what is with the shitty bloom filter on this entire movie

it looks disgusting

That's completely different.

>canon

This will never be canon, the movies were always an official fan film
Christopher Tolkien has denounced them from day 1

>Christopher Tolkien
>implying that prick has any say

Didnt J.R.R Tolkien write the books?

>Coin lands face down
>Suddenly weighs more

Yeh that caused some anger

>Lickspittle
>LICK
>SPITTLE
>LICKSPITTLE

who came up with this shit?

Watching The Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition right now. Ask me anything.

>some random fuck

nice try

>The momentum of the coin falling down was enough to trigger it.
Yes it was bullshit it should've triggered the second it landed.

"Wormtongue" was just as on the nose

also lickspittle is a real term

Whose colin?

haha gandalf out of mana lol

Actually, yes he does

Yeah, and Peter Jackson the movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

People act like the Lord of the Rings was the pinnacle of cinema, but only Fellowship is the masterpiece. Two Towers was ok, but nowhere near as good. Return of the King was Hobbit tier crap.

Fellowship is a genuinely good film though.

>Two Towers was ok, but nowhere near as good. Return of the King was Hobbit tier crap.

okay, Mr. Contrarian

What are you talking about?

Towers > Fellowship > Return > Journey > Smaug > Armies

lord of the rings is fucking shit and boring

>Towers first

And you were so close

>He doesn't do fan edits and makes his own canon

There is literally nothing wrong with Towers.

two towers is better than the fellowship and nothing will top the battle of helms deep

and really the only glaringly bad thing about return of the king was the ghost army, but even still in the extended edition it improves on itself because their introduction feels far less rushed

youtube.com/watch?v=07tyg4JZWkA&feature=youtu.be

Fellowship: 10/10
Towers: 9/10
Return: 9/10
Journey: 5/10
Smoog: 3/10
Armies: 0/10

also the hobbit movies aren't even worth mentioning in the same sentence as the original trilogy and I personally don't even deem them to be cannon nor kino

There isn't but its still not better than fellowship

Helm's Deep > Moria

This list is perfect but I'd give Smoog a 4/10 and Journey a 4/10 (First act was okay but then it kinda fell flat. Nowhere near as terrible and shocking as Armies which is a disgrace to cinema and definitely deserves a 0/10.).

youtube.com/watch?v=QsUWQxG2SsM

the only good thing that came out of those shitty movies

>the best thing in da lordy ringy is da battles! so cool!

Fellowship had genuine heart and emotional impact.

The first half of Two Towers had some, especially in the extended with Theoden, but it was nowhere near as good and comfy as Fellowship.

>Fellowship had genuine heart and emotional impact
YEAH THEY SEE ME WHITE AND NERDY

Pellenor fields > helms deep

>imagine this song playing in IMAX Surround Sound during this part
What have actually made the movie worth paying for

what the fuck are you even talking about?

What would you prefer? Watching Battle of the 5 Armies or Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne?

I guess at least with Bloodrayne you look forward to a sex scene with a THICC women and you don't have to stare at the "gloom effect" for 3 hours.

I can laugh at Bloodrayne, Armies makes me want to die.

So this is a comedy?

Everyone in the theater was laughing, so yes.

>what is gandalfs return
>what is the ents awakening and fighting global warming
>what is gollum turning into smeagol
>what is everything revolving around rohan
>what is anything involving faramir
>what is the elves turning up unexpectedly
>what is the entire battle of helms deep and the kingdom of man gaining their courage

Was he /ourguy/?

its pretty funny how not a single dwarf in the hobbit movies was even as close to as interesting as gimli

it's like they split gimli into 13 pieces

jesus h tittyfucking christ on a pogo stick

that is AWFUL

i hate everything about this

You forgot to mention how fap worthy she is

good thing lotr is for nerds who cant have sex

Lotr fags on suicide watch

>"Mr Jackson, how about we film a stunt double riding a horse in the open. I am sure we can find some type of pier around New Zealand"
>"NO! There is no time. Just green screen the whole thing!"

its like im actually playing LOTR:Conquest again

Helm's deep makes me fucking cry, man.

what playstation 2 game is this ?

An actual frame from the fucking movie

>most vidya looks better than this

Is the entire extended edition just stupid fucking video game shit like this?

I expected there to be at least some non-retarded scenes that were cut in favor of Kinolas and cross-dressing Alfred...

wtf is this shit

the sad part is lotr has almost aged as badly as the hobbit has, fellowship is fine for the most part, the hobbit is terrible because of all the cg used again an unexpected journey likely looks the best, but the two towers and return of the king are starting to look bad and thats putting it lightly, shelobs lair still looks great tho

Double the deposition half the price in 4 minutes youtu.be/3DD3aSIbT6M

No user, that's just your personal opinion that very few people share.

Even now, LOTR is being praised for its practical effects.

>that elven king
holy shit, what went wrong?

No user you can't handle the truth it was noticeably bad eight years ago, I'm not talking practical effects im talking the cg use which when combined with practical effects stands out, Jackson is no Speilberg when it comes to using CG he went overboard and it looked good for the time but the effects besides fellowship have aged badly on the whole.

Again, just your opinion.

I don't see anyone else ragging on LOTR's CG.

I watched the series the other night and you can't be more wrong. It's rough around the edges, sure; however, the miniatures still look good for the most part and you're immersed enough in the story to not care that much.

The weakest point in the series is the Ents taking Isengard, but even that's only due to a couple of shots with the water (scaling water effects is difficult with miniatures, it's lacks the physical impact a large wave would have)

Because these threads are circlejerk safe spaces I have seen others comment on it I don't see webms being made for LOTR like these hobbit ones. Perhaps I'm being too harsh but I could tell years ago that it wasn't up to snuff

Gollum looks terrible in TTT

Instead of getting iconic scenes from the book like Beorn killing Bolg after carrying Thorin out of the battlefield or Thranduil and Bard attending his funeral we get Alfred scenes and Legolas QTE-ing with Bolg

What did Jackson mean by this?

Wow those boss mechanics are worse than The Witcher 3

Any consequences for Jackson? What if I write a LOTR sequel and I publish it?

I don't understand why an unexpected journey is still so low rated, It's a pretty decent movie.

Just watched the deleted scenes of five armies
youtube.com/watch?v=TpsFWBzDHkk&index=2&list=PLz_wombvdaYCMVa6FUECmaI3Z8G5DzLsR

And i thought the scenes which made it in th movie were garbage.

Dont know why Thorins Funeral was cut.

it sucks, its pointless and it needs like 1 hour to start

i thought so too, it was pretty decent on the whole

>What did Jackson mean by this?

i think he was pretty clear, he told us all: "fuck you"

The ending was kind of cringe because dude slowmotion and after the trolls when they are in the open fields it was stupid

Why did Jackson go full Lucas on the new trilogy?

Studio gave him less time for all 3 Hobbit movies, than he had for 1 LOTR movie

because like return of the jedi, Jackson showed stupid shit in ROTK, even before than Gimili and Legolas are quipping

then*

there's a video that explains it a bit. He was simply in a rush, imagine you had a decent success in the past and tonight you get a call asking you to repeat that success for tomorrow morning 8 am. Even a great genius needs time to achieve something, and desu I never thought Jackson was a genius to begin with, see LOTR / his other movies

damn that was a lot better, it was such a cliche moment that the worms arrived right before the battle

You can, it wouldn't be canon though

>it's better than hackson's movie

I barely remember anything from 5 armies, but looking at that makes me loose hope.
>putting 50 poor peasants in the center front of your elite army while waiting for the enemy just at the bottom of a hillside with the enemy on top.
Now I never fought any real wars or anything but I'm still positiv that this isn't something any sane commander would do.

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!
WHICH DID IT BEST?

>I don't see webms being made for LOTR like these hobbit ones
You do realise that we're mocking The Hobbit, right?

"The Tolkien Estate is the legal body which manages the property of the English writer J. R. R. Tolkien, including the copyright for most of his works. The individual copyrights have for the most part been assigned by the Estate to subsidiary entities such as the J. R. R. Tolkien Discretionary Settlement and the Tolkien charitable Trust. The various holdings of the Tolkien family, including the Estate, have been organised under The Tolkien Company, the directors of which are Christopher Tolkien, his wife Baillie Tolkien, and J. R. R. Tolkien's grandson Michael George Tolkien. The executors of the Estate proper are Christopher Tolkien, who is sole literary executor, and (succeeding J. R. R. Tolkien's lawyer Frank Williamson) Cathleen Blackburn of Maier Blackburn,[1] who has also been the Estate's solicitor for many years."
>"The executors of the Estate proper are Christopher Tolkien, who is sole literary executor"

Christopher Tolkien decides what is canon in Tolkien's Legendarium. He has also stated he will no longer give out movie rights, so we won't be getting a Children of Húrin movie for example.

I'm so happy now that I skipped watching five armies

top because it was short and brutal, also good decap finish

>FOTR 10/10
The essential fantasy film, a perfect recreation of Tolkien's best writings brought vividly to life.
>TTT 9/10
A prime example of the perfect 'middle' film. Helm's Deep remains one of the greatest battles in cinematic history. The debut of the greatest mo-cap of all time.
>ROTK 9/10
An emotional, powerful, explosive and satisfying conclusion. Great battles and superb character-building.

>AUJ 6/10
Being generous, this movie is fun and feels like Middle-Earth, but there's no life, no spirit, and too much CGI.
>TDOS 6/10
Mostly flat, with the introduction of a seriously misplaced love-triangle and Alfred the Cunt. Smaug's scenes with Bilbo are superb.
>TBOTFA 2/10
A series of mindless video-game action scenes comprised entirely of CGI with no emotional weight or comprehension of basic physics. The script is also nonsensical crap. The only redeemable parts of this film are the last moments of Thorin's death and the scene with Gandalf and Bilbo immediately after.