Is this the most overrated film of the year, Sup Forums? I mean, I like pretty colors and everything too...

Is this the most overrated film of the year, Sup Forums? I mean, I like pretty colors and everything too, but nobody in this musical can sing or dance worth a damn. Why do all the critics like it so much? I love musicals too, but the 'musical' part of this film just doesn't really hold up.

Compare Stone and Gosling's dance in Griffith Park with youtube.com/watch?v=wDHwJrbrp0Y - they don't even come close.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MANfbqtZN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the BEST film of the year, you mean.

It might be, but that's more a comment on the sad state of the film industry today than it is any real praise.

no, it's by far the best

No, shitposter. You can stop.

Movies like these are to gays like holocaust movies are to jews - instant BEST NOMINATIONS regardless of the movie quality

Its shit and this board is hoestly fucking embarrassing, Emma Stone acting like herself like always and getting praised lmao she can't act

kys or go back

Manchester by the sea is the best film of the year kiddo

>I need my actors to yell "IM ACTING" instead of being a normal human being, the post

I thought the acting was fine (if a bit trite) for what it was: nothing great, nothing terrible. The dancing and singing though was really pretty bad though.

I know it's not really fair to compare this to Fred Astaire pictures (though invariably the critics do), but take a scene from the lesser Astaire-Rogers film Roberta:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MANfbqtZN0

Everything in it - the music, the singing, the dancing - is leagues better than any equivalent part in La La Land.

It's shit. No queer or fully fleshed out black characters. Also, a cis while male lecturing about jazz. Topkek.

found the stonefag

you really must be retarded. emma stones entire schick is IM ACTING

(Hmmm, that link has scenes from other movies too. The first one is from Roberta though).

Les Mis is better

Whiplash is shit

I haven't seen it.

It puts the bait in Oscar bait.

It's soulless, vacuous trash.

Les Mis is fucking abominable. Tom Hooper is one of the worst popular directors currently working.

Jesus christ this board is disgusting.

i dont care what the trolls say i am going to put strong white babies in emma stone

WHAT A WASTE OF A LOVELY NIGHT

Why do critics gush over these types of films?

They like spotting references, making comparisons, and saying trite bullshit like "movie magic."

the movie is too perfect to be good

I hated it. The casting was great though (even Russell Crowe is a good singer when he uses his full voice), but the execution with the talking/singing whispered shit was horrible.

Into the Woods was a lot better.

It's absolute crap

the poster for this movie makes me irrationally angry.

shut up rostam

>found the stonefag
yeah. Proud stonefag

>film about jazz
>95% of the cast is white

Yeah nah fuck this shit

I mean, it's Fred Astaire.

Because there were never any great white jazz pianists... (Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck, George Shearing, etc).