ITT: Loudest concert you ever attended

ITT: Loudest concert you ever attended
For me, it was Godspeed you! Black Emperor

Hail the Sun/A Lot Like Birds

The venue, known for hardcore, didn't compress the screams. And the manlet dipshits shrill ass screams murdered my ears.

APTBS in 2007-ish, 1 meter fron the front row at some basement venue in Cologne. Was hearing impaired for about 2 weeks after

Saw MBV back in 90s
Had to scab fag ends and stick them in my ear about 20 mins in

how many amps deep were they?

APTBS or Mogwai both at pretty small venues. Had earplugs for APTBS but not for Mogwai.

A Place to Bury Strangers or Dinosaur Jr
I wear earplugs to loud shows now, as you all should, tinnitus isn't fun

Boris in a small venue.
It was one of my favorite concerts I've been to.

King Gizzard was pretty loud, A Silver Mount Zion was second. Radiohead was waaaay too quiet.

when did you see radiohead?

Not sure I get the connection there but I hate Radiohead.

Sleep, The Beatles

Same

motorhead in like 2006 way way way to many amps for the size of the venue

couldn't hear for 3 days hearing was wonky for 2 weeks ended up getting permanent hearing damage and tinnitus kinda amazing how that show fucked me up and not all the raves/shitty loud as fuck loft shows

quoted the wrong person

Easily Jucifer, although of Montreal was surprisingly loud too.

saw them in 2013 with my older brother. apparently they weren't as loud as they used to be, but it was still really fuckin loud

Kishi Bashi

The venue was small as fuck and I was way close to the stage though.

Gave me noticeable tinnitus

Sunn O)))
But that is exactly what I expected.

That being said I have started using earplugs ~2 years ago, I prefer having clear hearing next day and no tinnitus.

this. most shows are still pretty loud while using earplugs.

sunn is up there for me, but not even top 5.

A Place to Bury Strangers in 2008 is possibly the loudest ever.

or maybe My Bloody Valentine on their reunion tour.

people always say Swans, but nu Swans to me sounded quiet compared to other bands, and it must be on a different scale to what they did back in the day. I'm not old enough, but i believe they were one of the loudest ever at one point.

I was thinking of getting these exact earplugs (Alpine PartyPlug). Are they any good? Do they distort the sound? Do they reduce the sound well?

death grips probably

dinosaur jr

Glad I got there early so I was right up front and able to hear J's vocals. I feel like he was probably completely drowned out in noise to the people in the back

Some fag highschooler played his shit at deafening volumes. Dubstep bullshit. Ikilled myself after the show.

Probably Lamb of God in 2007.
Or Lamb of God in 2009.
Or Lamb of God in 2010.
Or Damnation Fest in 2013.
Slipknot in 2008 was pretty quiet by comparison but I think that's because we were in an arena, not some cramped, sweaty, dark gig hall.

Always wear hearing protection lads.
Even if the volume isn't painful, doesn't mean it's not damaging your hearing.
It's the invisible killer, first it comes for you clarity, then it comes for your high frequencies, then it comes for the rest.

DG 2017, and then Motörhead

Same here. They played the 9:30 club in DC and had a stadium set up. They were so fucking loud, I had to go to the back of the club just to actually hear the music.

Saw Swans at their last show. Recorded some of it, ended up just bring white noise cause it blew out my phone speakers

This. Notice this

Skrillex

I was working as a security guard at the time and when I would work at concerts they would usually put me in the front of the stage behind the rails

did u look pissed off the whole time? i always thought that was funny about security guards at shows, they always seem like they're in the worst possible hell

I saw Swans when they were touring to be kind

Same. I saw Dinosaur Jr at a few years ago and I swear my ears have been fucked up since.