Psyc Rock

I discovered Psych rock a few years ago and am utterly in love with it. RMFTM--> CosmicDead-->Electric Moon and then on to others.

discuss your Psych/Acid/Stoner/Space Rock bands here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBd34Lr09hc
youtu.be/h0SICfgXipI
youtube.com/watch?v=r9GGb_dXpmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Electric Moon, or being more precise, Sula Bassana before EM.

Funny how Europeans have taken over an American music style from 50 years ago.

Any people from San Francisco? These are your boys.

SubArachnoid Space. What a great name.

Dom Keller.
No one? Really?

yes to all the bands you posted, saw each one live at least once except SubArachnoid space
Electric moon is my favorite, but too bad they don't release a lot like they used to do
Sula Bassana is great in all the projects he's involved in (solo, Zone six, Krautzone)
you can try bands like Vibravoid, Papir, Causa sui, Mythic sunship, Squadra omega, Träd, gräs och stenar, The myrrors... there are plenty of active ones

I'd like to discuss more but I have to go to work, sorry

thanks for this insights. I figured that if youve seen them live they are European bands.. fuck me they dont come to the US.
Thanks Euro/bro

White Hills, from of all places, Brooklyn. They have a lot of horrible shit mixed in with a lot of incredible shit. They are Minesweeper.

Kingston Wall user, the greatest psyrock band of all time.

>Mythic sunship
Ok, This is my kind of cheese. Like it.
> Vibravoid not so much.

Not my speed. Literally. Too fast. Plus they sing which is a non-started for me. Also, their sound is more acid than I like - somewhat disjointed. I like smooth, slower jams.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBd34Lr09hc
well, we can't all like the same thing now can we?

Dude.
Let me just sya that agin. Dude.
Awesome list.
> Vinravoid wasweak
> Papir I already love. They play the happiest music I own; help my through my longer jogs,
> Causa Sui - I know them but not well
> Mythic Sunship: Fuckken bookmarked, That is my kind of cheese.
> Squadra Omeage - meh
> Trad - holy shit thi swas eye opening. I always thought there was a 'hige' gap beween original psych bands and modern - but no - there is not. All they have now is modern technology guitar distortions. But the exact same concept and sound.
< Myrrors - stubmled across them before - singing, meh, at first glance a lot like Vibravoid.

But nigga you gave me 2 solid bands to dig into. Brofist

OP here.

Do people even listen to Psych rock or is it just for a few weirdos here and there? How fringe is this style?

One of the best moments of my life was seeing my brothers positive reaction to an Electric Moon song... finally someone else who like weird music

youtu.be/h0SICfgXipI

>this hasnt been posted yet
i will kill all of you fuckers

so I've come across these guys before. Ihave one or two bookmarked in my youtube folder.

they have no consistent sound.
The song in the middle sounds like Monster Magnet.
@33:00 it sounds like Clapton
I'm all for a wide range of skills and styles, but at som point variety as the primary goal has kind of lost sight.'
Some of the music is very good. Just very autistic song and album construction

No sorry man. Not what I like.

shut the fuck up and listen to the whole thing, or check out True Widow - As high as...

THIS is what is best in life.

Skip to 4:00 to get past the warm up.

youtube.com/watch?v=r9GGb_dXpmg

>True Widow
> lol they actually have multiple 'official videos'
> their lead singer it too damn perfect looking. And he has normie hair. WTF

Aside from those issues, the music was pretty good.
But it was ultimately not bookmark worthy. I'm sorry but you fail.
Thank you , drive thru.

fuck right off then

this is literally one of those moments where pic related applies. Not meaning to be a dick - we just have different tastes is all. no biggie. Perhaps I'm just not seeing things clearly is all.

yeah man np you just have shit taste dude no biggie :)

I will always respect you

OP again Just wanted to say that Mythic Sunship rules. Thanks Eurobro. Or perhaps EngBro? (dafuq are we supposed to call them? BonBros? F me.)