ITT: Characters that did nothing wrong

ITT: Characters that did nothing wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nf5SIQ3_hmw
youtu.be/kdgK5d7Y5LQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Characters who need their own sequel.

Leaving the rest of the movie aside, Quaritch was a really cool character. I will never remember how he casually wiped the fire off his shoulder or how he kicked open that door without a mask on so he held his breath while firing at them. He was cool in the way that characters from a few decades ago were cool. Cameron managed to not make him cheesy or corny in his coolness. He was simply a natural badass.

>I will never remember

I meant I will never forget. I mixed up always remember and never forget...

damn, I need to rewatch this

and she was an abysmal character because of it

That text is fan-written and it's taken from some /tg/ writefaggotry for 40k.

1/2

2/2

>Dungeon of Doom

I kek every time.

>that vest
>nothing wrong

WTF happened to this guy between Mad Max and Commando? The movie pretending he was a physical match for Schwarzenegger was a joke.

Literally did nothing wrong

He did shoot him in the shoulder at the end. He would have won if he did not get into it physically with him

He didn't wear a cup.

kek, he was such a faggot

Dae Han did nothing wrong.

Everything he did, he did for his country.

>griffith
not an argument

Unironically Nurse Ratchett didn't do anything wrong

His card was too good for his own good.

I only know 8 of the characters on that chart. Is that a good thing or bad thing?

>no army service ribbon
>no national defense medal even
though he has a CIB and jump wings with a star
>air assault wings crooked
>branch insignia too far out

Jesus Hollywood, how do you fuck up uniforms so badly

At what age did you finally realize The Empire were the good guys?

IT WAS A FUCKIN HOOOUORSE

he ordered the murder of hundreds of innocents so they could destroy their homes and rob their world of its resources for personal greed, 5 years away from home, the earth that they destroyed themselves.

cut the shit, he is a villain. but hes a great villain who needs his own movie, he always cracked me up

My biggest gripe with the OT is that we never see how evil the Empire is. All the killing they do on-screen is related to them trying to quell an insurrection. I can't think of a single time where the audience is shown how oppressive Imperial occupation is for the every man.

It was nice to see a competent Imperial commander getting shit done

the less you know the better chance you have a living a well adjusted life

Friendly reminder.

Lucas claimed that the reason he started with episode 4 was because after he wrote the first 3 episodes he realized that the technology wasn't available to make them yet. But then why were we supposed to go into episode 1 assuming that the empire were the bad guys?

He threw fucking crotch dust in JCVD's eyes man. No honor.

well they blew up alderaan a peaceful world, I would say that's pretty bad

>Alderaan is a planet of peace

I mean, they did blow up Alderan...

Wha--? He was a merc, plain and simple. He was doing what he was paid to do by Generic Evil Company. He wasn't sent to Pandora to help install irrigation systems.

he was following orders but it doesnt make him innocent does it? he chose to go out there, he was very pushy with using force, whereas many wanted peace with the natives and a diplomatic result, he was keen to blow them the fuck up

well there were some rebel sympathizers, but I doubt a vast majority of the population contributed anything to the rebel war machine. However, I'm speaking entirely out of my ass so who knows.

Everytime I read that I racked my brain for when he said that in the movie.

the weak should fear the strong

the following orders excuse doesn't jive well with me and its how a lot of military individuals rationalize committing atrocities. This excuse is especially bullshit if you're a mercenary, because then you don't even have the excuse of fighting for your country and national ideals, all you have is money.

what film, point break?

jesus christ this movie got to me so many times
the first time I saw it when I was a kid.. jesus christ

Actually, they cut very interesting scenes explaining his motivation. With them he's like most well written marvel bad guy, on pair with, maybe, Loki. And I'm serious.

I was unironically rooting for the Space Marines in this movie. They had the superior aesthetic and were a more lovable faction.

The Na'avi were simply presented as too annoying saccharine, to the point where their lovable factor wrapped back around to be annoying. I hate it when movies/tv unsubtly try to push me to think a character/faction is the best thing ever.

Also, as a long time fan of weirdo sci-fi I was immediately suspicious of the fact that every plant and animal on the planet just happened to be part of a massive neural network and the Na'avi could just so happen to link into it and into the flying warbeasts. That absolutely screamed "genetic engineering" and some kind of greater backstory to them, which would totally undercut the whole "nature vs. bad, mean technology" angle the movie was pushing. Instead in my mind it's impossible not to see it as "genetic engineering vs. mechanical engineering" in which case neither is more "morally correct", so I pick the humans that don't annoy me to root for.

yes

agreed

i miss him :(

actually yes the Na'avi were completely unsympathetic and were fucking annoying. was that intentional?

Stringer Bell would have been a protagonist in the world of Sicario.

Well it's still a Cameron' movie despite all of its problems, the man is a natural talent at shooting impressive action scenes and badasses.
He gave us Sup Forums prototype Sarah Connor goddamnit.

>Rosh
>Motherfucking Rosh

This should keep you busy while I finish the course.

>He gave us Sup Forums prototype Sarah Connor

The fuck?

Just a joke, but in Terminator 2 she's basically doom paul the meme and a gun/survivalist fanatic with a secret rifle stash.
She's even locked in a mental asylum because of that at the beginning of the movie.

No, Cameron definately wanted to give some 'important messages' and themes to underscore the movie, but he just went way too far into wonky territory in setting up the aliens as the "put upon noble savages" being attacked by nasty capitalism.

Same basic writing problem as stuff like Elysium or the politics of Star Wars prequels, where the message gets in the way of the movie.

This is in contrast to something like Aliens which is a good movie and also makes some Vietnam allegories (I'm talking about the plot, not the Vietnam aesthetic of the marines, btw) but it's subtle enough not to beat you over the head.

>Their princess is an high ranking leader of the rebel forces
>I-it was only some rebel sympathizers I swear!

No

>Lucas claimed that the reason he started with episode 4
>actually believing that retarded lie
The whole movie had to be rewritten and basically had NO resemblance to "The Star Wars", there's a comic out there of that by the way and it's awful.
He wrote them as they came along and it shows, oh boy it shows.

Delita genuinely did nothing wrong though. Solidus also wasn't evil.

Tarkin blowing up Alderan is literally the only questionable thing the Empire does in the OT.
I say questionable as it was obviously one of the central point of the rebellion, but blowing them up just to prove the Death Star effectiveness was clearly OP. It's not that different from blowing Nagasaki up though, just to prove nukes do work.

I guess we were really just supposed to see a Samurai armor and militarized police and spontaneously think "these are the baddies".

>Solidus also wasn't evil.

What about all them child soldiers?

One of the most powerful characters ever. Simply did not give a single solitary fuck. Had one aim, and aimed for it no matter what. He made the movie for me.

a page taken straight from the kazuhira miller art of war

The Na'vi were in the Mesolithic(80,000 to 15,000 B.C) era in terms of technological progress, it would be thousands of years before the concept of currency and thus a resource based economy would pop in their brains.

Besides the Na'vi are stupid animals they can just move to another place and let the humans take the shit but MUH SPECIAL ROCKS means killing yourself obviously in the minds of the Na'vi.

>Big Smoke a dindu
>mgr senator dindu
>mgs doctor dindu

B A I T
A
I
T

Childhood is when you idolize Na'Vi, adulthood is when you realise Quaritch makes more sense.

He was the best thing about Elysium. Arguably the only good thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=nf5SIQ3_hmw

>a rare wild NPC spawns

He did take it up the arse tho

abso-fuckin-lutely

arctic rommel

the text roll is an homage to buck rogers, so the idea was that we were watching a serial starting a ways in.

the meta-framing would be so cash if they'd never made any other movies

his motivation is ultimately selfish, and he also is aware of the unlawful nature of his actions, so yes he did do something wrong

>Nagasaki had strategic military value. It wasn't chosen just for kicks. Alderaan explicitly has no military value. Tarkin himself says this.

oh shit but what if cameron knew people would react this way and the real intention is for you to ultimately realize that the marines are the true heroes?

what if his irony is so subtle everyone gets worked?

>cameron confirmed for frightening genius

[Autism]
>Gygas

Wtf he did everything wrong, the oy argument I could see is "He can't control his mind" but that only happened when the Devil's Machine was turned off
[/Autism]

>Sean Avery, NHL

I really really like this scene

this, saying he dindu nuffin is a telltale sign of a retard. I can buy liking the character but justifying his actions is completely retarded

>shoots down that one speed just out of spite
fuckin savage

>alien lives
>mattering

You hippies need to leave.

Bennett was insane, his unpredictability and supposed talent for killing made him a great Arnie villain.

"Needless to say I had the last laugh"

As far as the plot goes, our planet was in dire need of those resources to the point that the future of the human race depended on it. We should always place our own needs above aliens especially primitive aliens who are incapable of negotiation.

youtu.be/kdgK5d7Y5LQ

obviously not dire enough to warrant any sort of governmental oversight, not to mention they are in it for the money, why would they be concerned with profits if they would die if they didn't get hold of it?