No work til Monday, so I'm gonna marathon American Dad all weekend! What about you guys?

No work til Monday, so I'm gonna marathon American Dad all weekend! What about you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLtUYAHTmJI
youtube.com/watch?v=AJVcXBUIWWM
arconaitv
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNFX5GNPl28
youtube.com/watch?v=yYtMYspzKBg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds like a massive waste of time

Go outside

Celebrate Christmas with family and friends like a normal person

I want to bang that mummy badly

i just made 40 bucks on ebay

I'm not familiar with American Dad, is it consistent in quality or does it tank?

just get high as fuck and you'll enjoy almost every episode

Me too

The first two seasons are heavily political, after that it becomes a standard plot of the week cartoon like The Cleveland Show. fewer cutaways, nobody retains their lessons, they use Roger for almost every plot because he can do anything like Stewie can, just a crutch character.
that doesn't count, you enjoy everything while high or drunk or with friends

What makes you think I can't do both? Gonna get drunk tonight too before I have to do anything tomorrow.

It takes a season to find it's legs but up until about S10 it's pretty consistently good. S10 and onwards are on TBS and besides the network change, they lose a couple of writers and producers and S10 and S11 are lame. S12 and now S13 are pretty good now though.

season 1 & 2 are pretty shitty, season 3+ are kino

worth a watch

>after that it becomes a standard plot of the week cartoon like The Cleveland Show. fewer cutaways, nobody retains their lessons, they use Roger for almost every plot because he can do anything like Stewie can, just a crutch character.
it does it 10 times better than the shitland show and family guy though

>not watching the "Every Mythbusters Ever" marathon on Sci

Gonna treat myself to some heineken and sopranos

I member watching this show backwards in terms of seasons, was pretty cool.

this

tldr

American Dad has good writing and is a funny show

I'm downloading American dad eps but the latest ones have more seeds, does chronology matter for this show?

not really, only for references to older jokes and minor character development.

The only thing I could think of is a subplot about roger and Jeff.
But its easy to figure out.

>tl;dr for 3 sentences
are you fucking 5?
>good writing
every joke is Roger being the character they need, or someone talking and then getting off subject during their monologue. Roger does this the most. start on point A, end up on point 3C. they all do this constantly and it's not a joke after you've done it thirty fucking times, especially since thirty times only covers three episodes

No, lazy.
>every joke is Roger being the character they need
Plenty of jokes that don't involve Roger

youtube.com/watch?v=JLtUYAHTmJI

>the cartoon talking alien isn't consistent enough

It's a cartoon sitcom, bro. At least he fits with the plot instead of how family guy jams stuff in.

Why would anyone do this?

>ywn ______ Francine

I'm gonna play FFXV, watch more Walking Dead, maybe pick up Daredevil season 2 (dropped it after Punisher left and Elektra was introduced), and possibly rewatch Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut in 4K.

I know, I'm a mega pleb but I love this shit.

lads

youtube.com/watch?v=AJVcXBUIWWM

I seen every episode at least 3+ times

The only real subplots that have developed through the Seasons is Jeff and Hailey getting married and moving in to the house together, and Jeff getting send to space and not showing up till 2 seasons after.

Everything else is pretty much detached and can be watched in any order.

I stopped watching American Dad at some point. Not because I dont like it, I fucking love it. It just happened. I think I was somehwere in season 8 maybe? It was 3 years ago I stopped following it. I always thought yeah then I could watch them all at a good point. Like if I ever break something and need to be in bed for 2 months or something. I was saving the newest seasons for a moment like that. I still love it though, just like Family Guy/South Park.

I dont know if I should just start watching it where I left off or keep saving it for when I ever break something or get terminal ill or something and I need to lay in bed and have nothing to do then I might watch the remaining seasons but sometimes I kinda want to start watching it where I left off again

I dont know

American Dad is great though

I wanted to watch American Dad so i decided to watch the latest season, thought that the older seasons might be outdated like other shows like South park so i gradually watched them backwards.

Is American Dad the only show that has changed its writing staff and came out unscathed?

>tfw work in a small shop with little footraffic, just turned 21 and have long island ice t in the freezer with my laptop and a ps4 at my disposal
best job

There is almost nothing better than getting drunk or high on a boring day and watching reruns of this show.

>like it, I fucking love it. It just happened. I think I was somehwere in season 8 maybe? It was 3 years ago I stopped following it. I always thought yeah then I could watch them all at a good point. Like if I ever break something and need to be in bed for 2 months or something. I was saving the newest seasons for a moment like that. I still love it though, just like Family Guy/South Park.
>
>I dont know if I should just start watching it where I left off or keep saving it for when I ever break something or get terminal ill or something and I need to lay in bed and have nothing to do then I might watch the remaining seasons but sometimes I kinda want to start watching it where I left off again
>
>I dont know
>
>American Dad is great though

Just watch them then if you have the time

They actually reused Krampus last episode, to my surprise.

thats the point i feel like im saving them for when i honestly need to lay in bed for like a month

its like my emergency entertainment

which kinda sucks on the other hand because i love the show

i do watch them sometimes when I get on tv, but it happens alot that I see an episode I dont know.

OR.... I could just start with s01e01 and watch it all to the end

It's sterile and familiar. Can't believe it's 12 seasons though.

I wouldn't say "unscathed." Those first couple of TBS seasons outright sucked. Even hardcore fans were calling it as bad as Zombie Futurama so I think they definitely lost more than a few fans here on Sup Forums. Still S12 and S13 are damn good and if you checked out for the last few years I definitely suggest you give it another shot. All the eps are up on 123movies.is.

Well Stan's Dad is Krampus its kinda hard to ignore in the long term of things

Just start with season 1 and keep going its like the Simpsons with the fact its very rewatchable

Having a complete overhaul of the writing staff will hinder a show especially coming off the last three seasons (the real high watermark) before Ten but it was never Zombie Futurama bad kek

Its funny how a McFarlane show is now the best animated sitcom on air in 2016 if you discount Adult Swim shows like the Venture Brothers and Reddit and Morty

Steve too.

All I know is my new favorite recurring character is Billy.

Don't listen to this person. Season 3-7 are incredible. Some of the best animated sitcom work ever. 8 is still good, but is more hit or miss. Season 9 on is 90% bad with a few shiners in there. Season 1 and 2 have great episodes but like all early animated series, the voice work and art are sloppy.

fucking jews ignoring xmas

>girl you're gonna feel a little prick

What did he mean by this?

>they use Roger for almost every plot because he can do anything like Stewie can, just a crutch character

goddamn i hate this more than anything, and i actually really like the show too.

Who would win Psycho Barry vs Roger

I like Roger in every episode being totally different characters but with the same voice

Roger has canon murdered hundreds. Thousands probably.

Psycho Barry. Roger is usually pretty inept unless he's scamming the family somehow.

Spend Christmas with my friends and family and watch die hard with my dad on Christmas Day like we usually do after too much turkey and port.

Ultracomfy

My money's on Roger.

>gives the guide for Simpsons rather than America Dad
How clever did you think this was when you typed it

Read my same statement for just about any animated sitcom and it works. Flanderization at its finest. Stan is a complete retard, Francine is a complete bimbo, Steve is homosexual and just sings every episode.

Honestly I prefer the censored version.

>that slow wink

>He gets Christmas off
Hah! ;_;

Same. I always have a 24/7 stream up on a second monitor.
arconaitv [dot] me/amerro/

The only bizarre, Family Guy randumb thing this show has done that I can think of is introduce a subplot where Steve legit wants to fuck his mom. It's shock value shit, don't remember what Season it was, probably the crappy TBS ones.

american dad has no cut aways tho its a like a real life family sitcom but with cartoon effects

American Dad has always had incest vibes. Steve has kissed Haley, Haley dated a body double of Stan, and the stuff with Steve and Francine goes back way before they started having Steve sing.
All MacFarlane shows have incest vibes. Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, Johnny Bravo even had some sprinkled in with Bunny and Johnny.

Unsubtle hints toward incest are commonplace on all three shows (except maybe Cleveland Show, though it has a few instances).

>Steve and his mom (too many instances)
>Steve and Haley (kissing her when he thought they weren't related, jacking it to her portrait)
>Stan and Haley (Haley dated an exact look-alike of Stan)

I dunno about Francine-Haley or Stan-Steven but I'm almost certain at least one instance of both has happened before.

Wh...why does he have a mustache...?

>tfw gf let's me do this every night before bed
Jackpot

>ywn be tempted by her honeymoon island vadge

>Stan-Steven
pic related
>Francine-Haley
i think they danced slutty together in one of the TBS episodes

It was part of the disguise he was wearing

Francie Haley has definitely happened.

>this was a real episode and not some perverted hentai bullshit
that means you can have guilt-free boners, guys

Just watched the 200th episode. So fucking funny but the ending felt like a cop out. It would've benefitted from a longer run time

>Ricky
>Spanish

>they actually brought jeff back

I don't want to fuck my mom but I want to fuck other's moms.

Am I weird?

good lord

I still want to know why they cut out the newspaper gag in the intro

Looked forward to those headlines every show

wouldn't a raft made of rotting corpses fall apart, attract unwanted predators, sea birds, etc. Not to mention the smell?

Jeannie Gold!

I'm fairly certain that's called "typical behavior"

>American Dad has been getting worse while Family Guy has secretly become kino

Explain this shit

jesus fucking christ what the hell is this

< TBS

Has FG really improved?

Both are bad, but I've been used to shitty Family Guy for longer so I can still tolerate it.

It starts off political and a bit weak, but has mostly dropped it even by the end of the first season. There are some great first season episodes. Everything from 2-6 is pretty gold, but then it starts to lose its way. It's still funny, still has some really good episodes, but it's just not the same.

>where Steve legit wants to fuck his mom.
What episode is this?

This?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNFX5GNPl28

This is true of every character in AD.
From episode to episode, they're all wildly inconsistent in personality and how they treat one another.
It's actually a great strength of the show- keeps things remarkably fresh. And you come to recognize certain recurring dynamics and get excited when an episode features them.

Aside from the shooting Santa stand off, did they do any Christmas episodes?

I'm pretty sure there's like 5 or 6 different Christmas episodes. Each one is pretty good too, especially the Antichrist one.

Bruh...

>til Monday
What kind of jewish organization that doesn't get a day off on Monday do you work for ?

This, you should watch some animu instead

> first Christmas without my parents. Feels bad

I can understand your loss, user, but at the same time, we all gotta grow up sometime. Standing on your own is a big part of that.

>No work til Monday

Not back til the 9th of January

They gave Haley an ass

new seasons pretty good. The christmas episode as always was way better than anything I expected.

youtube.com/watch?v=yYtMYspzKBg
Is this the best AD song ever?