Post your AOTY 1978. I just noticed I can't think of any album I'd rate 9/10 or higher from that year...

Post your AOTY 1978. I just noticed I can't think of any album I'd rate 9/10 or higher from that year, although there's a few 8/10s I can name, like Devo, those two Pere Ubu albums, or One Nation Under a Groove.
What's the AOTY? Picture related? Or maybe it's Music for 18 Musicians?
inb4 some bitching about giving numerical scores to works of art

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1gAoDmeD7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

W I R E
I
R
E

Chairs Missing by Wire would be my pick. Mercy is seriously one of the greatest songs ever written and gets overlooked because its near the poppier songs on the album: youtube.com/watch?v=V1gAoDmeD7w

Honourable Mentions: The Last Waltz by The Band, Easter by Patti Smith and Warren Zevon's debut album

oh yeah, that also was a good album, I need to listen to it again

If you like Pere Ubu and Devo I can't see you not liking the album and it is definitely an album that rewards multiple listens.

aside from the punk/post-punk/art punk landscape, this was a great album

a pop album parodying and criticizing pop music

Great albums

I haven't listened to this yet but it looks interesting

Is that a particular building? It's on the cover of three albums connected to Brian Eno

The forgotten classic

yeah wow really arent too many great releases from 78
maybe All Mod Cons - The Jam

this is good too

also Pere Ubu and Elvis Costello

It's either what you posted, pic related, The Scream by Siouxsie and the Banshees, or First Issue by PIL.

Oops I'm retarded

I love Japan...but this is unlistenable, third-rate glam garbage.

This
Runner-up

Pic related would be an honorable mention.

Don't know if this counts but The Screamers Demo 77-78 is my favourite album from '78 if not then it's First Issue by PiL

this is the correct answer

I think First Issue actually invented death metal vocals. Yes I've heard Boris the Spider and Yoko Ono which First Issue actually bears a striking resemblance to at times.

Nahh,those aren't Death Metal vocals. Were they influental? Probably,but Death was the first band to fully use death vocals as a delivery of lyrics

Close enough for me.
>I WISH I COULD DIE
And that's actually one of the lighter moments.

even Meat Puppets death metal predates Death aka Mantas. Death were just the first death metal band.

perfection

Great compilation, it was produced by Brian Eno