What are some films about drug addicts that have given up and don't care that they're drug addicts?

what are some films about drug addicts that have given up and don't care that they're drug addicts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVW8cToM_tY
youtube.com/watch?v=uMHhvWILDZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My obligatory biopic

Requiem for a Meme

Pretty much every Seth Rogan movie features a character with a marijuana addiction

leaving las vegas

Dope Sick Love
youtube.com/watch?v=iVW8cToM_tY

Black Tar Heroin
youtube.com/watch?v=uMHhvWILDZM

>marihuana addiction
BOO THIS MAN

Real Life

Weed may not be physically addictive but it is too powerful not to be mentally addictive. Pot-smokers have child-tier emotional control.

Anything can be mentally addictive. I've smoked marijuana and done plenty of other stuff. Smoked all day everyday for weeks and quit with 0 problems, not to smoke again for years. Your generalizations are foolish.

The first step in recovery is admitting it.

>le marihuana can't screw with your brain meme
No meme has ruined as many lifes as this one.

It's true and I'm glad you got out, it was not beneficial to your life. Most do not have your self-control either. My generalization is accurate.

>my intelligence is my high
>all substances are bad
I pity those of you who can't enjoy things in moderation.

Dealer (2004) features a few of these characters. Also one the best films of 2000's.

>it's so harmful it's bound to be legalized on a federal level soon
You can't honestly tell me it's worse than alcohol

People get addicted to cheese burgers, the internet and buying new underwear too.

Weed will cause irreversible effects whereas alcohol wont necesarily.

I know many people who even on probation couldn't stop smoking weed. You can say they are dumb or weak, but I think we have a major problem in this society with stigmatizing addiction. We should be helping people with addiction and finding ways to successfully treat addiction. It's a big problem when you have people saying "Pot isn't addictive" and then calling people who are addicted "weak potheads" and mocking them for not smoking in moderation. It ruins thousands of peoples lives, and generalizing that they must be stupid or lazy is just avoiding the issue. Many people don't seek the help they need because they have all these people telling them they shouldn't have a problem to begin with seeing as "weed is harmless."

>this is what basement dwellers believe

weed doesnt cause any negative effects at all youd have to smoke thousands of joints to get even a little bit close to the lethal dosage -- but if you drink you can get alcohol poisoning very quickly

It's legal to spend your life savings on scratch-offs but I don't recommend it.

You could insert anything and say the exact same thing.
>shopping ruins lives
>gambling ruins lives
>video games ruin lives
>sex ruins lives
>working ruins lives

my dad

Weed can have detrimental effects on memory after prolonged use.

Again, moderation.

>what is paranoia

My grandma is 92 years old grew up on a farm in the south and smoked a lot of marijuana and her memory is 10x stronger than anyone her age.

Abstinence would be better.

Speaking of moderation, surprised this thread is still up.

Yeah nice sample size buddy.

you're only paranoid if you feel guilty

This is exactly the deflection I'm talking about. Are you saying this like this means addiction is not an issue?

Just for your information, people go hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from overspending on things as simple as online shopping. People spend their entire life savings on gambling because they are hopelessly addicted. By the way, video game addiction is so prevalent in South Korea they have built entire new psych wards to cope with it.

Are you implying these aren't REAL addictions? These people need help, and people like you make it worse with these stupid ass comments.

>anecdotal evidence
My "friends" back home are pot-heads and I watched them go from sober college-bound students to lazy welfare recipients.

>defending weed
get a job lol

>you must abstain from all vices to live a healthy life
what a boring mentality

I have extentional brain damage because of weed addiction. Why do you think the stereotype is a DUDE WHOA perma-fried burn out?

DUDE WEED IS BAD LMAO I AM EUPHORIC

>Timothy Leary was a burnout
Great straw man

Weed is physically addictive though, heavy users reliably display withdrawal symptoms after quitting.

>citation needed
Your body doesn't literally start shutting down and rotting like it does with alcohol or heroin if you stop using marihuana, no matter how much your intake was

They're called vices for a reason.
They tear down more lives than they build up.

>can't enjoy things in moderation

Why do you think they're addicts, moron?

There are long term effects

DUDEWEEDLMAO

>the weed of my 92 year old grand mother is the same weed as today

No

In moderation alcohol is better than weed.
In excess Alcohol is worse than weed.

>Timothy Leary wasn't a burn out

K, also nice cherry picking

THIS x1000

This op. Also watch Heaven Knows What