youtube.com/watch?v=UCs7Ih--o2g
youtube.com/watch?v=w3C6kuOOO5E
youtube.com/watch?v=GV0g1ISkxHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOLY LEL.

Really makes me think about it

Jaws Theme > Superman Theme > Indiana Jones Theme > Star Wars theme >>> rest

pmw

No wonder the score for TFA and RO are so bland and forgettable, he probably thought we has done with star wars after ROTJ.

Once you pour over rough cuts for hundreds of hours you probably just want to be done with the fucking thing

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

he didnt need to.

ripping off Holsts The Planets didnt need you to watch any Star Wars Movies.

he didn't do RO

Thats wrong though because theres footage of him watching fucking Empire strikes back with the director talking about the film so he could write the fucking score. You write a score you watch the fucking movie beforehand.

They already said months ago he had seen episode viii so he could get to work

Can you blame him? Unless you are 10 years old (or an autistic manchild) the Star Wars movies are unwatchable.

>John Williams will die in the next couple years

lol

Good.

He's a hack.

he's watching uncompleted scenes to get a feel for the music required, fucktard.

good

Calm down faggot hes one of the only good composers and his romantic suites sound like love letters to tchaikovsky

>this user will die in a car crash within a year

"I hated the new Star Wars movie. Not because I actually watched it. I just oppose the idea of a nigger and some man-faced dyke performing heroic acts while my music was accompanying them. This is an American production, not some pansy ass European swedeshit circus. I tried calling George Lucas but his manager told me that he was too busy keeping order on his mid-western cotton plantation. I can respect that so I left the man alone." ~ John Williams

It isnt an uncompleted mess, it just isnt finished with the sound design obviously

I laughed out loud

here's Holsts "The Planets" in full. its 49 minutes long but skip to any part of it and you will hear Star Wars.

John Williams is a fucking fraud.

youtu.be/Isic2Z2e2xs

well he had to watch every scene he composed music for so that's not entirely true

I can't believe he actually said that

Damn... how did he get away with this?

It was a different time.

he was influenced by Holst, yes

Ive heard it before I'm not an idiot and star wars OT isnt his best stuff, the prequels had better music that was his prime era. Its because star wars was typical fanfare. does sound like planets, it sounds the "same" because they are both arranged similarity with the instrumentation.

Show me a part specifically, i'm not really hearing it

its the instrumentation not the melody, basically since they are both good classical mysic they sound the same

doesn't sound like planets*

>In letters to his friends, Guinness described the film as "fairy tale rubbish", but the film's sense of moral good – and the studio's doubling of his initial salary offer – appealed to him, and he agreed to take the part of Kenobi on the condition that he would not have to do any publicity to promote the film.[19] He negotiated a deal for 2.25% of the gross royalties paid to the director, George Lucas, who received one-fifth of the box office takings. This made him very wealthy in his later life. Upon his first viewing of the film, Guinness wrote in his diary, "It's a pretty staggering film as spectacle and technically brilliant. Exciting, very noisy and warm-hearted. The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel, and some of the dialogue is excruciating and much of it is lost in noise, but it remains a vivid experience."[20]

>Guinness soon became unhappy with being identified with the part, and expressed dismay at the fan following that the Star Wars trilogy attracted. In the DVD commentary of the original Star Wars, Lucas says that Guinness was not happy with the script rewrite in which Obi-Wan is killed. Guinness said in a 1999 interview that it was actually his idea to kill off Obi-Wan, persuading Lucas that it would make him a stronger character, and that Lucas agreed to the idea. Guinness stated in the interview, "What I didn't tell Lucas was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo." He went on to say that he "shrivelled up" every time Star Wars was mentioned to him.[21]

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"

I think he's been hanging out with Raimi a little too much.

and that 12 year old boy was albert einstein

youtube.com/watch?v=Acm7WYfzXhU

youtube.com/watch?v=yEeq2UHYprw

youtube.com/watch?v=Zymf_QGjY34

youtube.com/watch?v=UCs7Ih--o2g

youtube.com/watch?v=w3C6kuOOO5E

youtube.com/watch?v=GV0g1ISkxHc

Can we actually meme this into reality?

He was born in a different time.

>that tranny will never give you the greatest beej of your life