Can we celebrate the triumph over the attempt to push a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

Can we celebrate the triumph over the attempt to push a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

youtube.com/watch?v=L80lb1T0ecs

>The document affirms love and peace as the church's ideals, criticizes racism, inequality, moral degradation and "liberal globalism" -- it's an agenda as conservative as it is anodyne.

>Yet the Council could have changed the Orthodox churches' ossified attitude toward the rest of Cristendom, which has not changed since the Dark Ages. To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches. Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations. Patriarch Bartholomew, a friend of Pope Francis's, was determined to push it through.

Thankfully, it looks like his agenda has failed.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

Other urls found in this thread:

stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm
vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_P3Z.HTM
pastebin.com/zwxEkSri
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank fucking God
Bartholomew can go choke on Freemason dick

I know he's almost surely a Mason, but still shouldn't talk about him that way, it's sacrilegious for the same reason talking about any other article used for Liturgy or Sacraments is.

But...yeah...His All-Holiness is a shill, and I've been praying to God that he'd fail in pushing his crypto-heresies, but I knew the Lord wouldn't let his Church fall for the trap.

Very happy about this. the satanic agent Bartholomew was thwarted. ((( Bloomberg ))) ouraged about it because kikes hate Christianity.

>Medieval 2: Total War music

dont worry one day a REAL pope will destroy vatican 2 right now the pope is not legitimate

>Protestant religious book title associates Friday more with getting off work than with the Crucifixion

So are the Sacraments his administers invalid from your perspective, or what?

He's still a pope, but the problem with him is not only his liberalism but also that he become too orthodox. He's pushing for accepting divorce, want to make church more local and synod orientated.

What I don't get is that the Catholic Church allows annulment if your spouse doesn't have the social status you expected, yet doesn't allow divorce for adultery. What gives?

>Russian Orthodoxy REEEEEEEEEEEEEing over "ecumenism"

>in reality is one of the most ecumenistic churches ever, cowtowing to Putin's multiculti Russia policy 100%

lol you fags know nothing about anything beyond your memes

>makes a video about an orthodox patriarch
>uses gregorian chant
kek you can really tell how the orthodox think their own rite is inferior

> 50 year old communist party member detected

>annulment if your spouse doesn't have the social status

you mean annulment is allowed when a spouse is holding back something very imprtant from you. That seem fair enough.

Let's see what Jesus talked about divorce

Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

No exceptions

Russia is innately multicultural, it always has been. The many cultures of Russia today go back over a thousand years.

Ecumenism means stuff like recognizing the baptisms of non-Orthodox (Catholics, for instance, started recognizing all Christian baptisms with Vatican II) The Orthodox Church is the least ecumenical Church by far.

Russia has always been multi-ethnic, buti do think Putin needs to stop letting Kazakhs come to Moscow. They dont fucking belong there, they belong in Kazakhstan

Now Matthew

now Matthew

>3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

>except for sexual immorality

In Old Jews Law there was no divorce for adultery. There was a death punishment, althought there was a annulment in jew law when a spouse hides something from you. And that what Jesus meant.

Orthodox have Western Rite, it similar to the Medieval Catholicism in art and music.

No, your spouse doesn't have to be holding it back. You just have to mistaken your spouses's social status.

Valid grounds for annulment of marriage in the Catholic Church include, but are not limited to:
*you married for social status but the person did not have the status you expected
*you didn't know marriage was a "permanent relationship"
*you married intending to have the option of divorce open
*you did not know marriage was an "exclusive relationship"
stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm

>No exceptions
Matthew 19:9

>supporting KGB implants instead of unity in Christ's bride, the One Christan Church
>Spitting on Patriarch of Constantinople

You done goofed Rassha

>To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches
It's true though, catholic pope is a heretic of original church

you support liberal gay reforms? Fuck u!

doctrinal differences bw Catholic and Orthodox are fairly minor, basically filioque clause. There is a far larger gulf between most Protestant churches and two basically Chalcedonian denominations. Oh and Orthodox priests can marry.

Orthodox church has autocephaly and territorial divisionn. Bartholomew receives money from CIA and worships Satan. Russian patriach told him that eastern roman empire do not exist and russia is 3rd rome, so if he continues to push Schism and refuses to solve territorial disputes then they will make new Council without him.

Kazakhs are about the least Muslim Muslims on the face of the earth, why would you care about that?

>And that what Jesus meant.
A: The Catholic Church does not allow annulment on the grounds of having a "sexual past"

B: Christ did not say prior to the marriage, he said except for sexual immorality. If you are saying he is referencing Jewish law, Jewish law allows you to divorce your wife for adultery, the death penalty is a lot more difficult because it's hard to procure the witnesses to prove it.

Rejoyce Orthodox Brothers, we will presserve whatever little of Christian dignity is still left ..

>KGB implants
Only source for this is one guy who claimed to have seen documents. With a source like that, I can prove aliens.

I hope muslims kill the pope.
It would be a win-win.

Like I said there was no divorce for adultery, there was a death punishment. There was an annulment in Old Testament:

1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.

2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's [wife].

And Jesus reffered to this when he said >sexual immorality.

>*you married for social status but the person did not have the status you expected

I really don't think is valid.

they are not white. Why can't they stay in Kazakhstan? what is wrong with it.

>Like I said there was no divorce for adultery, there was a death punishment
Only if you had sufficient first-hand witnesses, which is extremely rare. Normally you'd divorce. Joseph with Mary, for instance, plans to divorce her quietly; he could have made a big fuss as well, but one thing he could not have done is have her put to death.

>I really don't think is valid.
Not in the Orthodox Church, but in the Catholic Church? Yes, it says it explicitly in those links.

>You or your spouse intended to marry someone who either possessed or did not
possess a certain quality, e.g., social status, marital status, education, religious
conviction, freedom from disease, or arrest record. That quality must have been
directly and principally intended.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it so much as Moscow has a labor shortage.

I fucking loved this game, especially the music. Not as good as shogun 2, but it gets points for europe

> Moscow has a labor shortage.

It wouldn't, and there wouldn't be a need for importing all of Central Asia here, if you RIDF shills were sweeping the streets instead of shitposting.

In New Testament we have two situations

>a woman caught on adultery
>a Holy Mother with baby before marriage

First was sentenced to death, but even so Jesus said her "go and sin no more" not "go and divorce".
In second situation Moses had right to divorce becouse he didin't know Mary was pregnant before marriage (but the angel convinced him not to did that)

Marriage can be annulment when there was no aware consent. I reccomend you to read canons vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_P3Z.HTM

ahh not Moses Joseph

It won't in the future because thanks to your Church in concert with Putin, abortion is being more and more restricted in Russia, which is sorely required.

>First was sentenced to death, but even so Jesus said her "go and sin no more" not "go and divorce".
Pretty sure if her husband turned her in to be stoned, he already divorced her. Whether or not a death sentence is enforced in ancient Judaism where a victim was involved, was almost always the prerogative of the victim.

>Marriage can be annulment when there was no aware consent
Yeah, and the things that supposedly impair consent are very loose and questionable compared to Orthodox divorce requirements, which are simple and straightforward (pic related).

> very loose and questionable

Not really, once again read canons.

> Orthodox divorce requirements, which are simple and straightforward

Jesus said "sexual immorality" - yes 7 years in prison is definately sexual immorality

>Pretty sure if her husband turned her in to be stoned, he already divorced her. Whether or not a death sentence is enforced in ancient Judaism where a victim was involved, was almost always the prerogative of the victim.

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

>tfw i agree with this
Not sure how i should feel about it.

>Not really, once again read canons.
I have, and I've already read the guidelines to their implementation. They are made to facilitate loopholes.

>Jesus said "sexual immorality" - yes 7 years in prison is definately sexual immorality
Closer to it than not being satisfied with your spouse's social statute, or simply marrying with the intent to have the ability to divorce.

>And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Jews weren't sola scriptura, except Sadducees. For instance, an eye-for-an-eye in practical implementation generally meant paying fair sum for compensation. Whether or not children were put to death for crimes against parents such as disrespect was also something rarely done to its full extent because the parent did not want it.

>(((Bershidsky)))

Cucktholics BTFO

REMOVE VATICAN II

>I have, and I've already read the guidelines to their implementation. They are made to facilitate loopholes.

I think we are reading diffrent canoncs

>Closer to it than not being satisfied with your spouse's social statute, or simply marrying with the intent to have the ability to divorce.

They both happens very rarely. Don't you think there is no aware consent when spouse is just cheating you? Second - §2. This ignorance is not presumed after puberty.

Look Jesus didin't say divorce is fine when there is adultery.

Please do, its declarations are insane

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

What's the problem? You realizing you both fell for a Jewish myth?

>I think we are reading diffrent canoncs
No, I'm just looking at the commentary on the implementation of the canons, whereas you're merely looking at the canons

>Don't you think there is no aware consent when spouse is just cheating you?\
I think if your spouse cheats on you then they are an Apostate from the marriage, so to speak.

I'm Orthodox, not Catholic. Those are Catholic declarations.

Too bad it's not progressive like Islam

For westerners curious about Orthodoxy read up on Seraphim Rose, a notable American convert who chose to live an ascetic life in the Californian wilderness.

Book 1: Nihilism - The root of the revolution of the modern age.

Book 2: The Northern Thebaid (an account produced by Rose of the lives of Russian Saints)

Certainly these books communicated to me the religious heart of the Orthodox church, and why it is by it's very nature destined to stay in the "dark age".

If I could get myself to believe in anything superstitious at all I would've joined the orthodox church by now.

Really based choices there. Father Seraphim Rose has been very influential on me both philosophically and spiritually.

You might enjoy this: pastebin.com/zwxEkSri

Good good.

Now I see why our patriarch did not want to take part in that cuck gathering.

Based Georgia, they were the first to put their foot down.

Jesus having been a real person or easter not being pagan doesn't change that I don't see any evidence for the core claims of religions: God's exist, heavens exist etc.

Mohmmad was real. Doesn't mean I'm a muslim now.

There is nothing wrong with it, this guy is a shill.

This is what happens when there is no Emperor to put the patriarch in their place. Imagine if all the churches had a liberal head.

Balance is gone.