/who/ - Doctor Who General

Dalek edition
What does /who/ think of this GOAT episode?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/status/812427055778254848
youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-star-peter-capaldi-9508685
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's like a shite version of Jubilee.

best ep of nuwho and dont deny it

Overrated

It doesn't have much rewatch value, just like 99% of nu-who, that is the problem.
When you watch it now the Dalek seems so fucking slow it's painful.

Overrated, but a nice way to bring the Daleks back into the show.

A nice design at the time, but it's overstayed its welcome. They should repaint them grey.

Its pretty good, but I think its a bit overrated.

What's this meme?

The better version of pic related

#WhithouseSeesAll

Classic who may get some things wrong, but I really think they nailed how chongs look in every way.

Talons of Weng Chiang is racist and problematic!

the pic is time flight you dense fuck

Too late this year. Stick around for series 10 and the hype for the 2017 Christmas special, be more vocal about secret santa and there's a fair chance I might.
I think it's GOAT, silly goose.
>chongs
pic related.

>better
It's inferior because Whithouse's face isn't as inherently funny-looking. You can stop forcing it now.

I don't watch the classic series because of its imperialist undertones.
The first Doctor is LITERALLY fucking a racist old white guy!

What's this in the last thread about Mathieson's new monster being a VNA level dark alien that skins people? Are the slitheen returning?

No. They skin people and wear their skin. Think Men in Black. They literally wear the skin.

It's just some random fake spoiler. Even if it's true you never know.

>They skin people and wear their skin
Yeah, so do the slitheen.

>They literally wear the skin
Cool, so they're slitheen. Thanks user.

I don't remember the Slitheen wearing 5.5 feet human skin like clothes on their 8 feet bodies. But whatever, "user".

Nardole: “You are completely out of your mind.”
Doctor: “How is that news to anyone?”

How many 8ft disguised Slitheen do you think you saw in Aliens of London?

The arc is Nardole looking after 12 for River and regularly reporting to her. It's revealed it wasn't River but a disguised Missy.

Have you seen how big they are? You think that woman was tall enough to have an entire Slitheen hidden inside of her? They used some kind of tech to fit inside. This time the aliens aren't. Apparently, they're wearing the skin like you'd wear a ghost costume for Halloween.

Why would Missy need to disguise herself as River in private?

Shit spoiler attempt.

The Slitheen used those compression things. It's why they farted.

To fool Nardole into telling her what the Doctor is up to. Nardole promised River he'd look after the Doctor. You'll see in the christmas special. Screenshot this if you want.

That's my point, no compression thing. Just aliens wearing skin as camouflage.

What if they did an episode with forced laughter in the background like those terrible American comedies and the Doctor is aware of it and gets angry?

She had a car accident and had face surgery.

but this isn't heaven sent edition

I have no explanation for this though.

Would you rather play the Doctor or be the showrunner?

Play the Doctor. It's blatantly the better job by a mile.

Cool to watch. Not as derivative of Jubilee as people say, because Jubilee expects you to have seen Dalek stories beforehand so the subversions have better effect while this episode's meant to be babby's first Dalek story. Sucks that many plot points (Daleks being immune to bullets and being able to absorb artron energy to fully heal) led to the Daleks becoming too God-mode to use as decent villains.

Seeing 9 lose it and have to be pulled back from the brink by Rose is great.

>She had a car accident
No she didn't.

Qter on the left. Hotter on the right.

>she actually didn't
Well fuck I always thought she did. Who memed me? What happened to her then?

She had a baby between those years, user. Motherhood can make you look like a different person in no time at all.

OK I think I'm starting to see your point clearer now

You're thinking of Katy Manning.

What the fuck is this now?

Accurately rated. Certainly one of the top 10 NuWho episodes and my personal favorite. Both the Doctor and the Dalek are excellently written, and even Rose and Van Statten get a bit of character change. Shearman is simply the best of NuWho (and possibly of Doctor Who as a whole in any medium) when it comes to character writing.
There are a couple of awkward bits about Van Statten "owning the Internet" which sound even sillier today than they did in 2005, but no episode is perfect and in my book Dalek is as close as it gets.

Captain Jack is returning. The midget is from the same planet as Nardole and is Jack's companion. He fucks it. There's a sex scene.

Not really sure, but the picture is great!
twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/status/812427055778254848

Dick Whittington; a play he's doing in which he is the titular character

Jesus Christ. Every single RTD-era actor is in a JUST phase now.

HAPPY EASTER GUYS

Then we have established one thing only...

>Tennant gets the job security of playing Scrooge McDuck in Disney cartoons
>Barrowman works on pantomime, Big Finish, and those CW superhero shows

Everyone else doesn't seem to be doing much work though. Eccleston's only worked on one movie and The Leftovers recently. Penny Dreadful ended leaving Billie without a job. Freema Agyeman's only working on Sense8. And Catherine Tate's back to doing sketch shows.

But none of them are in Brendan Fraser territory, since they could easily make a ton of money signing autographs at a con for $50 a pop.

KEK

...that I've just had my eyes shut all them years.

(The Doctor and Davros collectively piss themselves laughing)

JUST
U
S
T

Billie also just won rave acclaim and best actress at one of the UK's leading theatre awards for her performance in Yerma. She's nowhere near JUST

Why does Moffat's writing feels so... old? Every character seems to be talking with a broom up their arse like they're still in Victorian London or some shit.

Because you're weird.

I meant physically m80s.

The whole point of JUST is that the physical deterioration reflects the deterioration of the soul. It wouldn't be funny if the person is actually still perfectly successful, even moreso than before.

E.g. Charlie from Class wouldn't be full JUST if the show had actually been as good and successful as they wanted it to be, but because it wasn't, the fact he's prematurely balding takes on a whole new level of potency.

I thought he just had a big forehead

So who's the most JUST Doctor Who writer besides Larry Miles? Who's more pathetic than a guy that writes and deletes blogs while playing with pony toys?

Reminder Death and the Queen is GOAT.

doctor who

Helps that Goss had experience writing for 10 so he didn't need to do the "emulate RTD as much as you can at the expense of doing something interesting" like the first two stories.

>I have no explanation for this though.

It's called aging, user

John Barrowman hugging Nicola Sturgeon

OK fair enough user. West End is actor career gold.

Wot?? An actor looking 10 years older than they looked 10 years ago? Unforgivabubble!!

Kek

dubs if xmas special is GOAT screencap this

if singles the christmas special is going to be silly fun that doesn't take itself seriously

if singles the christmas special is going to be shit

too late mine already came true first

>69
Vastra and Jenny cameo confirmed

Even the eternally optimistic unGirly Letters is having doubts about this one.

source on that?

Doctor Mysterio will be cool.

>tfw after Capaldi's exit (wherever it might be) we get a music video with everyone who worked on and had a main acting role in the show during his tenure much like David Tennant's 500 Miles farewell

What song would you pick, anons?
youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-star-peter-capaldi-9508685

Does anyone have a link to the google drive classic who box set??

River song fucking sucks.

>One source said
they don't even say the source is in the BBC or close to capaldi
that's how little they're trying

>the mirror
>"one source said"

Hmmm

>The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
The characters are all on point but the plot is absolute pants. In particular #planeshavestopped and everything involving the Dalek sewers were pretty cringey. On the other hand, Missy continues to be wonderful and this is probably the best Davros has ever been written.

>Under the Lake/Before the Flood
It's passable. I've never been that big on base under siege stories but this one has some good characters I guess. Although the fact that they based an episode around saying "Look, a bootstrap paradox!" despite the fact that the show has already done numerous bootstrap paradoxes makes the story feel low on ideas, never mind the issue of whether such paradoxes qualify as bad writing in themselves.

>The Girl Who Died
This one is pretty good. The "Doctor speaks baby" meme really needs to die but other than that it's a very fun and enjoyable episode. I really like the Doctor pretending to be Odin at the beginning because Odin did often go among mortals disguised as just a mysterious old dude, although the fact the Doctor has two eyes kind of gives the game away. So far 12's characterization hasn't been that different from his series 8 self, the main difference is that he doesn't give Clara those seemingly unintentional put-downs about her appearance, but he still has a tendency to act superior and needs cards to remind him to empathize with people.

Is this really what /who/ has become after 2 years of my absence? Fucking faggots.

>The "Doctor speaks baby" meme really needs to die
But that episode literally proved that it could be done in a non-comedic and even poetic manner.

I don't believe you're who you say you are desu.

I never fucked Prog and I took part in the skype chat with Fin and others.