BTFO RADIOHEAD FANS

BTFO RADIOHEAD FANS

Other urls found in this thread:

noisey.vice.com/da/article/rmwdyr/radiohead-is-for-boring-nerds
youtube.com/watch?v=p_IHotHxIl8
youtube.com/watch?v=neorgWi0PFc
books.google.com/books?id=mgsBDQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Everything in Its Right Place: Analyzing Radiohead&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJp_Oz5ufYAhUIBMAKHaY_DD4Q6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q=Everything in Its Right Place: Analyzing Radiohead&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's right

>we've gotten to the point where if a song isn't a 2 minute long trap banger it's boring

Normies shouldn't be allowed to listen to music.

for once OP is not a faggot

to filter out the plebs

clickbait culture is changing music too

Again you're gonna make me read this shit you cruel bastard.
I don't wanna give this awful website ad revenue but here we are.

I'll post screenshots so no one else has to.

noisey.vice.com/da/article/rmwdyr/radiohead-is-for-boring-nerds

Don't give them Ad-Revenue.

1/4

>Vice

Fair warning, it’s blatant trolling

2/4.

When did journalism become writing a headline with a contrarian opinion?

3/4

Late 2000s/Early 2010s I would assume.

shouldn't it be chronological then alphabetical?

Why do people vastly overstate how "experimental" Radiohead is?
I guess if you're tyically a Top 40 radio listener, hearing Thom mix in some bleep bloops would probably blow you away.

Always has been.

4/4.
There I saved you the click.

Ozzi is a pretty funny guy honestly

I'm not even that big of a Radiohead fan and reading this made me genuinely angry.

How does shitposting like this get passed of as "journalism"?

I think I threw up.

If this article is entirely taking the piss then it's pretty good.

Try to refute him

After Sup Forums proved that trolling brought a lot of attention and after google started paying blogs and websites for page impressions. It’s kind of ironical though, because the chief editors know that the articles have to be trolls, but I believe the actual journalists are stupid enough to believe what they write.

I'll try. Give me a bit.

Why should we argue with a non musician? He wouldn't even understand it.

It obviously is. He guessed that Radiohead fans would be incredibly easy to troll, and he was right.

Radiohead released an album for free yet Radiohead fans are somehow the type to buy $100 Japanese vinyls.
Also he just sounds mad that he got a degree in journalism (cause he's a brainlet) and he's mad that any STEM degree is making twice as much as him

>You ever notice how that friend isn't really into many other bands besides Radiohead?
Besides some angsty teen fans, I don't think this statement applies to anyone.

2smart4me: the Clickbait Article

>He guessed that Radiohead fans would be incredibly easy to troll, and he was right.
Not really. I'm a huge Radiohead fan and the article is pretty hilarious

Vice is shit but so is Radiohead fans so I think it cancels each other out
He is trolling and it's true at the same time

got eem

I dunno how Radiohead ever got a reputation for being smart when for the most part their music is basic as fuck. They're not even as "smart" as Rush or Pink Floyd.

It's literally just a list of overused stereotypes, hilarious stuff

>I'm a huge Radiohead fan and the article is pretty hilarious
Same here but I’ve seen people actually trying to refute his points. Shit maybe they’re trolling too, idfk at this point.

>Kid A foreshadowed 9/11
Some radiohead fanboys were saying exactly that on a thread yesterday.

>I dunno how Radiohead ever got a reputation for being smart when for the most part their music is basic as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=p_IHotHxIl8
>Shit maybe they’re trolling too, idfk at this point.
Like who?

>That’s because it takes so much effort to understand what is good about Radiohead that it’s impossible to have time to discover any new music.
Dear lord, already it starts off as completely ignorant. Radiohead might not be the most "accessible" band to people unfamiliar with music outside of pop (I'm going to try to not say N****e as much as possible in this), but they're not even remotely as intricate as they seem. They perfectly blend Alternative Rock with Experimental/Art/Electronic to form the basis of most of their songs. Sure, Amnesiac isn't exactly the most elementary of music, but any music listener can easily appreciate Radiohead without destroying their brain cells in a bloody massacre.
>Radiohead fans are the type of people who feel perfectly comfortable dropping a hundred bucks on some rare Japanese import single and then shrink wrapping it, putting it on a meticulously organized shelf (alphabetical, then chronological), and never touching it again.
So apparently being a music aficionado and genuinely having an appreciation for a band so much that you desire to collect their paraphernalia is grounds for social isolation. Why is it that having any sort of hobby or activity you genuinely enjoy gets you branded as a nerd or geek? You'd think that with the advent of the Internet, essentially the heart of "nerd culture" being an omnipresent tool in our society, people would be more open and comfortable to share their passion for nerdy ideas. Clearly, this so-called "journalist" is nothing more than the typical school bully, provoking nerds to fill a void in his heart torn from insecurity and a shitty inferiority complex. Disgusting.
>Yes, I just generalized that all Radiohead fans are guys, but let’s be real here.
Cute.
>No date has ever ended in sex which started with some nerd’s dinner conversation about how Kid A foreshadowed 9/11
I just love how he had to bring that up as if that were a valid criticism of their music. (1/4)

Wow calm down faggot. This is the same guy who a million articles on The Misfits and spent 24 hours at a Taco bell and wrote a story about it

I don't understand this "Radiohead iz 4 nerds" thing when normie Lanafags (which lets be real here, the author totally is one) are cool with Bjork and her bleep bloop music is like one step away from RH's.

see:

Posted after I asked for it.

Try again.

>spent 24 hours at a Taco bell and wrote a story about it

Sounds intensely goddamn fascinating

if you can't even get into radiohead you're either 15 years old or just a pretty dumb adult. It's entry level alternative

um, that's still pretty basic

t. Avant teen

Also see:

Have you ever wondered what kind of person stands outside of Taco Bell at ten in the morning, waiting for it to open? Allow me to tell you, as I was recently one of them. More accurately, I was the only one of them. I leaned against the wall by the entrance, alone, waiting for it to be unlocked. Another man—a taxi driver—walked up, pulled the door to find it was locked, turned around, and drove away. I envied him. While his Taco Bell encounter lasted only a few brief seconds, mine would last for 12 consecutive hours. I had committed myself to spend the entire day—open until close—in Taco Bell.

When I entered the Bell right at 10:30 AM, the lights had not even been turned on yet. Watching a Taco Bell illuminate in the morning is the most defeating way to see lights get turned on, followed closely by the refrigerator lighting up at midnight when you realize you can’t sleep until you finish that last slice of pizza, and the club turning the lights on at 4 AM, forcing you to go home before you were able to trick someone into fucking you.

“Why would someone spend 12 hours in a Taco Bell?” is a very reasonable question you might be asking at this point. The answer can be summed up in three digits: 420. April 20 is the one day of the year that—for origins I am too lazy to research right now—America collectively celebrates the culture of cannabis. While I don’t partake in the intaking of weed, myself, I find weed culture funny, as years of Hollywood movies have conditioned me to do so. Movies present weed to be the gateway, not to harder drugs, but to hilarity. Weed is the first step on an adventure that takes you and Ashton Kutcher around the country looking for your lost car. Weed leads you to start a business called Mr. Nice Guy until a hilarious mix-up results in Jerry Garcia’s ghost saving you from a pimp named Samson. Weed is Smokey and Craig on another Friday in the neighborhood. Weed is Seth Rogen.

fell for the bait

Supposed to be a reply to this obviously

Not really.

Radiohead really is garbage though.

Before going any further, I should mention that I fucking love Taco Bell. When I was 13, Batman & Robin had just hit theaters (a good film to see under the influence of weed, I’m told). Taco Bell had a movie tie-in promotion where you could win a million dollars by collecting all of the characters on tickets you had to peel off of soda cups. My friend Mike and I would ride our bikes there every afternoon, scrounging up change to buy sodas, asking people if they were done with their cups, or sometimes straight-up rifling through the dumpsters. The only thing holding us back from becoming teenage millionaires was that fucking Alfred ticket.

So for most of my life, I have held a fondness in my heart for the Bell. More than simple purveyors of reasonably priced medium-quality food, they are a life model. I look to them for inspiration. Often when I am making important decisions, I will ask myself: Am I thinking outside the bun? At the end of each day I like to consider the broader question: Am I living mas? Could I live more mas? How much mas is too much mas to live? In my brief time on earth, I have concluded that you can never live enough mas.

As far as Taco Bells go, the one I decided to devote my day to is fairly unremarkable. It sits across from a giant industrial warehouse called Futon Factory and another place called Paul’s Plumbing Supplies. Next door is a supermarket that I frequent before rewarding myself for purchasing healthy groceries by picking up a chalupa or three for the road. This Taco Bell location has two stars on Yelp, which, even by Taco Bell standards is pretty bad. But I didn’t mind. Neither did the few dozen people who cycled in and out during the first two hours of the store’s opening.

I don't disagree, but Dan Ozzi deserves to be shot in the jaw in a non-lethal manner for being a waste of the gift of life.

While I would’ve been delighted to report that my morning at Taco Bell was filled with James Franco look-alikes waking and baking on comically huge blunts, and stopping by Taco Bell to fuel their wacky adventures—perhaps involving an accidental heist of some sort—sadly, that was not the case. In reality, most were just normal folks on their work breaks, stopping in for an early morning taco (this Taco Bell does not have a breakfast menu which is bulllllllshit). Everyone came in alone, ate their morning food in shameful solitude, and quietly left. My dreams of capturing the next viral video of a pothead too stoned to find his wallet, only to realize he was holding it, were quickly dashed.

After the lunch rush died down, I realized I had been sitting in the same spot in my corner booth for over four hours. With cabin fever starting to set in, I started texting friends, pleading with them to please, please come visit me, but everyone was at their “jobs.” It’s often said that you can tell who your true friends are when you need help moving. To that I say, only can you know your truest of friends when you are sitting alone in a Taco Bell for an entire day for no real reason.

Im a Radiohead fan and I dont think that shifting the piano a half beat is that impressive

How many songs have you played in your band like that?

You could do it by accident m8

Still better than Radiohead, and way better than it's fans talking about Radiohead

>entire article boils down to hurr durr I hate technology play a real instrument nerd
wew

no, it's slightly hard to play. it's a tiny bit clever. it's not avant garde or esoteric or particularly exciting or remarkable

they're good musicians, but the fact that they're still so popular shows that it's still pretty simple music. Millions of people think they're really deep for listening to something slightly different than the radio garbage. That's why their fanbase is so pretentious. I was one of them about a year ago, but I discovered other music and now I realize how stupid it was

You sound like the real pretentious twat

>overratediohead

>Or the Radiohead binary theory which hypothesizes that their 1997 album OK Computer and their 2007 album In Rainbows form together perfectly to create a decade-spanning mega-album. Wow! What are the odds that one album full of computer noise bullshit would vaguely sound like another album full of computer noise bullshit? What geniuses!
>OK Computer
>In Rainbows
>computer noise bullshit
And at this point I realize that this article is just some poorly made "humorous" shitpost that I shouldn't waste my time on. But if I didn't do this, I would have nothing to do anyway. So let's continue!
>That’s sort of the M.O. for Radiohead fans—desperately grasping at straws to believe that a band who dicks around with a bunch of computer wires and passes it off as a concept album are some sort of brilliant visionaries whose records are works of art.
I sometimes wonder if fledgeling journalists have some sort of initiation process where their publication company surgically transplants their brain with that of a mouse whose left side was devoured by a cat a long time ago. Because coming from this, I'd want to be the piece inside the cat's stomach right about now.
>Maybe it’s overcompensation for the fact that they have to spend 10% of their time listening to Radiohead albums and 90% trying to convince themselves that they understand what the fuck they’re about. But yeah, Thom Yorke is totally an alien or Jesus or whatever you want to believe to make your shitty taste in music more acceptable.
Why are journalists such unimaginative brainlets?
>Yorke seems like a nice guy and all, but come on. He’s not the musical lord and savior, he’s not from another planet. He’s just a strange little British man who dances like a spider monkey.
Like we ever unironically insinuated that he's anything more than that? And even so, I'd much rather take an abstract visionary over a whiny pleb who can't even understand one of the most entry-level Alt. Rock bands.

He used to listen to Radiohead, he is in detox mode yet

Ooops you didn't answer my question. Try again
I don't care
How many songs have you played in your band like that?

Your counter-points are even less substantiated ad-hominem than his

stfu numale

>How many songs have you played in your band like that?
I dunno, I've written and played parts like that, but it's not like I'd count the number of times I've done it or think it's particularly special.

Listen to the drums on this, specifically the snare drum in relation to the handclap sound. They're doing the same thing
youtube.com/watch?v=neorgWi0PFc

it's only hard to play if you have trouble hearing it

God's work, son. Awful article btw.

>vox
retards explaining simple things to dumber retards

at least they didn’t waste 40 minutes trying to explain one thing like that other autist

>this nu-male music is bad, but this other nu-male music is good!
Who gives a fuck?

why are you responding this way to an obvious joke article?

>Listen to the drums on this, specifically the snare drum in relation to the handclap sound. They're doing the same thing
Nice. Name 40 other examples in pop/rock
t. non musician

t. giant faggot who thinks hes an intellectual

the only non musician here is you

you’re a shitty troll as well

Is this bait? I really don't know anymore.

>Nice. Name 40 other examples in pop/rock
lol why the fuck would I bother? Like I have to provide an extensive list to prove that it's not impressive. I just posted the first thing that came to mind.

>lol why the fuck would I bother?
If you can't prove it, it isn't true

Nice b8 though

lol, eat a dick

C’mon get with the times Gramps, it’s 2018 and everything is b8

name 43 other examples of unique songwriting by radiohead without using the same track twice

You're trying too hard user

>The guy sounds like what happens when you give a toddler a toy microphone and let him go nuts. If you gave a 5-year-old a Moog synthesizer, recorded him dicking around for an hour, and released it as a new Radiohead album called Moon Princes, nine out of ten fans wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.
The dude writes like what happens when you get a high school Honors student who secretly copied his homework from a Radiohead "nerd" and forced him to convert feces into words. If you gave a stoner with crippling autism a MacBook, let him type his ideas using two fingers, and released it on a shitty pretentious website as "Radiohead is for Boring Nerds," nine out of ten niggers wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
>At least in their Bends era, Radiohead made music that non-robots might want to listen to. Sure, it was whiny and boring but if nothing else, you could tell it was being made by a real band with real instruments and not an electrician trying to fix a DVD player that got a copy of Tron stuck in it.
I think it would be best for the both of us if you went back to your Siberian cave and climb your ice pillar so we won't have to deal with you anymore. Maybe then, archeologists will find your body, decipher your skull and use your cranium as a tasty snack for microbes.
>In their nearly 30 years as a band (yes, 30), they’ve journeyed from mediocre alterna-rock into who-the-fuck-knows-what-genre.
Hmm, so you do admit that they're much more different than the average Top 40 Pop/Rap artist and that their songs are beyond this world. Good post.
>Ask any casual music fan to name a Radiohead song. The most common answer you’re gonna get is “Creep.” The second most common answer: a blank stare, because who the fuck knows the name of the 800 songs that go “beep blorp bop beep boop 010101?” No one.
Yes, because Paranoid Android, Karma Police, High and Dry, My Iron Lung, 2+2=5 and 15 Step are much too sophisticated.

>music """"""""""""""journalism""""""""""""

Every song they wrote.

>And at this point I realize that this article is just some poorly made "humorous" shitpost that I shouldn't waste my time on. But if I didn't do this, I would have nothing to do anyway. So let's continue!

This.

also, post examples of Radiohead using metric modulations, polymeters, twelve tone rows, quintuplets, and the diminished scale. 10 examples each, please. you have 5 minutes.

do you write extensive point by point rebuttals to Onion articles too?

Honestly radiohead > motorhead. Dunno if that's a controversial opinion or not.
Also, who ever this author is needs to find a different job. He's painfully unfunny.

incorrect radiohead is bad and you are a pleb

>noisey
>vice
wew lad

books.google.com/books?id=mgsBDQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Everything in Its Right Place: Analyzing Radiohead&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJp_Oz5ufYAhUIBMAKHaY_DD4Q6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q=Everything in Its Right Place: Analyzing Radiohead&f=false

>being this buttblasted

You can't find examples yourself? what a loser

What about polytonality or just intonation, have they ever used those? I doubt it. what about graphic scores or moment form?

>dat damage control

numales are vice's main demographic so he actually does his job quite well