This is a masterpiece

this is a masterpiece

It literally ripped of Berserk

I don't know what that comic is, but I doubt it. Looks like the comic ripped it off.

Beserk is a Japanese fantasy manga that takes heavy influence from a lot of things, most blatantly devilman and hellraiser. Its very likely Femto's design was inspired by the Phantom, as the flm was '72while the manga was early 90's.
Anyway yes op, you have top tier taste

>berserk is good
look at the fucking draws
also shitty story after the gay guy became femto; pointless and his author know it. hes just waiting for everybody to give up on his manga

thanks man, the music is really good. been listening to the soundtrack. plus i already like de palma.

>early 90s
Berserk started in 88
>finally get off the boat after several years
>immediately go on hiatus again
>come back from hiatus, take Casca to the elf king, go back on hiatus

>look how bad this drawing from 28 years ago is

Is that Griffith on the right?

>berserk cuck in denial

>look at how good this painting from 500 years ago is

>pointing out the age of something is denial
His art varies wildly from panel to panel sometimes especially after all the long breaks but posting something from nearly 30 years ago and saying it should be on the same level as today is asinine

look

you aint really trying to use that as an example of it being bad are you? i mean jesus at least post the original colour version so your argument isn't as shit.

soundtrack is fucking goat, if you want to get the best version go for the steelbook arrow release, best quality audio.

my mistake, i haven't read anything since Ricky slapped Griffith, how much has come out since then.

>what is an artist improving over time

to much sameface to be honest, shitty artist.

im joking

Rickert started to pack up to leave falconia but was attacked and then saved by the kushan prince, Guts got off the boat and Shierke and Farnese have done some magic stuff to go into Cascas mind to uncrazy her, it's on hiatus again at the moment while Miura plays more idolmaster

>this should be a Brian De Palma thread
>some faggot turned it into a Berserk thread
>mfw
Instead of discussing Berserk for the millionth time let's discuss an autuer who rarely generates any discussion on here. Favorite film? Least favorite film? When did he jump the shark?

i almost threw my laptop out the window

thanks

cool, ill check it some point
>Favorite film?
Phantom is my fave film in general anyway.
>Least favorite film?
Whilst i appreciate it and see why others may fawn over it, carrie never did anything for me.
When did he jump the shark?
he did? I havent seen his last two films

Kinda, when musical were a thing.

So Sup Forums Phantom or Rocky Horror?

its cool dude

OP here. I started watching his older catalogue 1 month ago, I have a lot of free time right now.

I can't really rank them, i like them all.

fun tier (my favourites)
body double
phantom of the paradise

thriller tier
blow out
dressed to kill (top tier milf shower scene)

paranormal tier
carrie
the fury
obsession - kind of underrated, more subtle

these are blockbusters and all good
bonfire of the vanities
untouchables
scar face
carlito's way

more recent blockbuster tier
mission to mars
snake eyes - nick cage
mission impossible
the black dahlia

femme fatale - fell asleep watching this but i was tired. rebecca romijn is hot.

passion - don't think it did well but it was entertaining

>blow out
how was that out of interest, been unsure weather or not to get it

phantom

i always find the camerawork the most interesting in his films, while story and the acting are weak most of the time

I liked it. John Travolta is the lead with Nancy Allen, who's in a couple of his other movies. John Lithgow is the bad guy. Travolta is a sound engineer in a small horror movie studio in the 70's so that is the background, and he uses his professional skills to try and solve the puzzle. Takes place in a big city also. I like the aesthetic.

I've recently been getting into lots of horror musicals, but I haven't seen Phantom yet. I'd like to watch it next (hence clicking on this thread).

Carrie always impresses me because there are SO many flaws (misled actors, lost scenes, poor a/v quality, mostly awful score), yet it's still really, really pretty cinematic- and story-wise. It also stands out from the horror genre since it's more of a tragedy.
Also had an effect seeing it/reading the book in high school when stupid things like who you go to prom with actually mattered.

danke bro

>I'd like to watch it next
You're in for a treat, i mentioned it earlier but go for the arrow release, its very well done and the visual and audio quality are superb.

Which ones have been your faves so far?

If you're asking what De Palma films I've seen, not enough. If you're asking about horror musicals, we had a pretty decent thread going yesterday.
It's short, so you can dig through it no problem (my first post has the Little Shop of Horrors image).

>Carrie always impresses me because there are SO many flaws (misled actors, lost scenes, poor a/v quality, mostly awful score)
:^|

>not early 90's
>started in 88

this is autistic semantic arguing. it started 2 years away from 1990.

oh yeah i remember, you got pretty good taste nigga