He has ever taken pitchfork seriously

>he has ever taken pitchfork seriously
web.archive.org/web/20040810064854/www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/coltrane_john/live-at-the-village-vanguard.shtml

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Newhouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when are they correcting this travesty of a review?

???

John Coltrane
Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes
[Impulse!]
Rating: 8.5
The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

We was sittin' there watchin' the stage. Waitin' for the man they called Coltrane to come out and do his thing. It was me and my four droogs. Them bein' Peter, Georgio and Dim; Dim being really Dim.

'Round an hour'd passed and the place was packed straight through to the back. I'd just dropped some dollars for 'Trane's Giant Steps six months back. Now was the time, this was the place. The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

I was only there for the first night, see, but them cats at Impulse! just made my life complete. They put out four CDs of all that sound 'Trane put out those nights. But you know my type, man. Can't afford to eat, let alone spend some heavy cash on music. So I only got the essential. Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes is one disc, makin' it one-fourth the cost of the box set. And you only get the best stuff.

Man, the opening beauty of "Spiritual..." It's like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'. But I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow. This track's as close as I come, and it's close enough. Best of the best, though, has gotta be "India." It's only when you listen to a perfect old jazz tune like this that you realize how much drum-n-bass is derived from this music. 'Trane takes it to heaven and back with some style, man. Some richness, daddy. It's a sad thing his life was cut short by them jaws o' death.

Shit, cat. It don't make a difference. The man produced enough good music to last me a lifetime. This Village Vanguard thing's just another example of the genius of Coltrane.

-Ryan Schreiber

lol

holy fucking shit dude

>by Ryan Schreiber
>by pitchfork
>p01
>09

It's almost like multiple people write for one website, and opinions change over time

Classic

whoa p4k used to be cool

bump

why do people stil give jewfork clicks?

Why did they decide to pan Sonic Youth so hard at the time? I'm not huge into them, but this album is far from their worst or anything. It was kind of a nice deviation from the 90's sound they had going.

>It was kind of a nice deviation from the 90's sound they had going.
but most importantly it was made after all of their gear was stolen.

>everything I don't like has something to do with jews

this is so embarrassing idgaf about the score changes or whatever (what do you expect) but this is a low point

The generation that was in their 20s in the 2000s is absolute living garbage, and they're the ones who made this shit popular.

>*reads On The Road once*

well there ya go. pitchfork adding insult to injury. unsurprised.

>0.8/10

>Mediocrity is not a punishable crime, but if it was, Belle & Sebastian would be enjoying their last meal right about now.
looooool

Way too fucking high.

Fuck you.

This
Death Grips blow

lmao

This review always irked me. It was like the author was writing so much without really saying anything.

At least they had the balls to have an opinion in the past.

>I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'. But I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow.

reading this made me want to become a music journalist. it can't be hard to be better than this.

it is a good rule of thumb

I simply don't understand what the fuck

Pitchfork is owned by Condé Nast. Condé Nast is owned by Advance Publications. Advance Publications is run by Steven and Donald Newhouse.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Newhouse

>His mother, Mitzi Epstein, was an arts patron and philanthropist[3]who grew up in an upper middle class Jewish family on theUpper West Side, the daughter of a silk tie importer.[4]

It's always the Jews.