I actually really liked it. Why does everyone else seem to hate this release, even people who like Kanye's other stuff?

I actually really liked it. Why does everyone else seem to hate this release, even people who like Kanye's other stuff?

literally who hates this album?

People with taste.

everyone else, didn't you read op?

wrong

Imo its one of kanyes top 3 albums.

What's wrong with the album, though?

it's got a few great tracks and a lot of garbage-tier filler, as well as questionable production choices that make some of the songs unbearable

freestyle 4 is one of his best songs though

Yeezus, MBDTF and LR is the patrician top 3 desu.

>garbage-tier filler
WHERE

I like this type of conversation.
This is the best type of conversation.

I like it because it's angry and intense like Yeezus but laid-back and fun.

The weirdest thing about it is how it's very transparent about it's filler tracks. Everything after Wolves is obvious filler.

?

Real Friends and No More Parties are good, thats it

low lights, highlights, waves, fade, both interludes

Underage get out.

it's disjointed and clunky. starts off with a nice theme and flow and then goes downhill. i think it will be a transition album because the newer sounding style on some of the songs was really good but he was still trying to balance it with the older style. i have really high hopes for this new one though.

It is one of my favorite Ye albums, but it does have some bad songs, ie Fade, Low/highlights. It definitly takes some getting used to, but it is probably 4th best album imo

definitely one of kanye's best albums

YOU GOT THE WAAAVVEE
WAVES DON'T DIE

kanye west in general is a shitty, overrated pop rapper

Kanye fucking ruins every song he's in. That's kinda the problem. The songs are amazing right up to the point where Kanye opens his fucking mouth. Then he shuts up, and it's okay again. Then he fucking opens his mouth again.

whats wrong with it?
Its the whole point of the album, its his album

counterpoint: Saint Pablo

Good singers, good instrumentals, horrible fucking "artist" spewing garbage over otherwise good songs.

>I just wanna feel liberated, I, I, I!
>in comes kanye
>URGH NOW IF I FUCK DIS MODEL, AND SHE JUS BLEACHED HER ASSHOLE, WILL I GET SHIT ON MY T-SHIRT?

>WAAAAAAAAAAAVES DON'T DIIIIIIIE!
>in comes kanye
>I URGH IMMA FUCK YO BITCH LIKE

Fucking hell.

Kanye gives more dynamics and details to the tracks.And the rapping is the main aspect of his tracks. If the whole tracks sounded like just the hook, that would feel kinda limp wouldn't it?

>dynamic and details
That's what you call his goddawful babble?

if this were an 11 track album and stuck to one sound (waves, fml, ultralight beam, wolves, real friends, etc), and was focused and fully fleshed out lyrically, this would potentially be 10/10

these lyrics tell a story. They give details so you can better follow the track and the meaning of it. And his more aggressive attitude contrasts the dreamy instrumentals and vocals, which gives more of a complex dynamic to the tracks
At least, it doesn't take away so much from the music. Without the rapping its just a usual soul or pop kind of tracks. And if you want to hear the hooks then you can just make an edit and listen to that as a track

>kanye's retarded vocals and lyrics tell a story
Oh dear...

>these lyrics tell a story. They give details so you can better follow the track and the meaning of it. And his more aggressive attitude contrasts the dreamy instrumentals and vocals, which gives more of a complex dynamic to the tracks
this sounds a lot like hipster bullshit trying to explain how kanye ranting about a bleached asshole is SUPER FUCKING DEEP, BRO

doesn't have to be deep, it just serves a purpose in the tracks.

the purpose is to make them worse.

I feel he sounds about as good as any other rapper. At least he doesn't sound like a fag.

>at least he doesn't sound like a fag
Wow, what an accomplishment.

its the genre of music he is making. If you don't like it then don't listen.

Now if I fuck this model,
And she just bleached her asshole,
And I get bleach on my T-Shirt,
Imma feel like an asshole

I'm criticizing shit artists, and I'll never stop, buddy. Kanye ruined these songs, and "h-he doesn't sound like a fudge packer" isn't a good excuse for his verbal diarrhea.

LYRICAL GENIUS, REALLY MAKES ME FEEL SOMETHING. HE DELIVERED IT SO BEAUTIFULLY TOO.

what is a shit lyricist? if we're going by actually good lyrics in music, we're down to very very few. words serve music, not the other way around. and kanye's personality outweighs most other artists. like him or hate him, he will be him. that's admirable

So let me get this straight, your defenses of Kanye amount to:

>he doesn't sound like a fag
>h-he's being himself

How sweet.

if i fucked a cow on live television, would that be admirable too? if it was just me being myself?

Waves and fade are some of kanyes all time best what the fuck are you smoking

It's because it's kanyes white album (and his second best, much like how that is the Beatles second best).

cheap production quality, star power features, poor delivery from vocalists, etc. graduation is and will always be his best.

it would if you did it to a backdrop of truly groundbreaking television, like kanye does with music

>truly groundbreaking music
>kanye
Holy fuck, my sides.

Graduation is his worst
TLOP is his second best

so basically kanye's musical """talent""" is the equivalent of me having fucked several barnyard animals on live television?

no the only talented musicians compose pieces for trombone

there was a guy like you for every truly groundbreaking artist, now considered idiots

I MISS THE OLD KANYE

>it would if you did it to a backdrop of truly groundbreaking television, like kanye does with music
>like kanye does with music
Well shit, there goes my coffee.

>UGH man
>GROUNDBREAKING
Holy fuck, please, I can't fucking breathe.

this is some next level cock sleeve action for such a mediocre artist

name someone who changed hip hop more drastically and more frequently

>implying that kanye is nearly as substantial as you think he is
i'm starting to think that this is actually kanye and he's so buttblasted that he's going off the handle again

>UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH
The musical genius that changed the world.

You can't name someone?
I'll take that as a sign of your lack of argument

Too much trap

Jesus Christ, lmao. Please. Please name me a few groundbreaking artists that you're comparing fucking Kanye to. I get the feeling this will really make my fucking day.

Name me good sources that lead any rational person into thinking you're a "groundbreaking" artist, Kanye.

David Bowie
Talking Heads
Chuck Berry
The Beatles
Grandmaster Flash

pffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

This can't be the original poster, this has to be a falseflagger, no one can be this stupid.

>"waves is one of Kanye's all time best"

Kanye, please don't ever try comparing yourself to Bowie or the Beatles again. This is getting embarrassing.

If I was kanye I'd be enjoying my millions not on this shithole
Not even the original guy you were talking to anyway
Not the original poster
But if you can't see the impact those artists have had on the face of music you're a bunch of dumbasses
It is.
Top 20 minimum

Oh, so this is some other random retarded Kanye cock-sleeve posting alongside Kanye? Gotcha. Truly groundbreaking.

bad taste

All of them were overblown pop stars

You're just as retarded as you seemed in your first post.

>Kanye is like Bowie
Kek

Bitch fade is nice

lol Kanye stan detected, defending objectively shitty lines

Without 808's there wouldn't be drake, The Weeknd, and all the other new r&b acts at least not in their current form.
TCD & LR changed the rap game completely, making gangster rap obsolete.
Graduation influenced the rise of pop rap being popular again.
Yeezus (alongside other similar works) inspired the grittier sound that rap has taken on, not to mention Danny Brown.
No single hip hop artist has changed the rap game so much since it's inception.
Not an argument
He is, he makes what is ultimately "pop" music, but incorporating experimental sensibilities for the general public, and in the process influencing hundreds of other artists.
He's also a fashion statement (and a rockstar style persona) like Bowie.
There isn't another rapper currently in the game as distinctive as kanye is in that regard.
True that

>Without 808's there wouldn't be drake, The Weeknd, and all the other new r&b acts at least not in their current form.
>TCD & LR changed the rap game completely, making gangster rap obsolete.
>Graduation influenced the rise of pop rap being popular again.
>Yeezus (alongside other similar works) inspired the grittier sound that rap has taken on, not to mention Danny Brown.
>No single hip hop artist has changed the rap game so much since it's inception.
That's real cute, Kanye.

>not an argument
It's certainly a fact.

>still delusionally thinking Kanye is even remotely comparable to Bowie
K.e.k

Still not seeing any substantial evidence or arguments.
Unless you provide one I don't see a point in replying beyond this point.

Can't convince someone to listen if their head is up their asd

Hey, what happened to the other guy defending you, Kanye? Is he not posting because you lied about being a different person in your rage of delusion about your influence?

You're right actually.
You know why?

Kanye is the best hip hop artist of all time.
Bowie barely makes the top 50 for rock artists.

>best hip hop artist of all time
And now Kanye isn't even trying anymore.

Still Not kanye bro.

>yo lemme snag a picture of some disgusting white boi and post it
Kanye, this is really starting to get embarrassing.

You actually think that incoherent rambling of a post was evidence? “””groundbreaking””” stupidity.

>posts non-sense, with no citations
>"n-no substantial evidence in response to my bullshit! i'm out!"
Oh, dear...

>white boi
>implying I'm either
Nahhh

Like it matters, Kanye. As long as it's a picture that doesn't contain your black ass it'll do.

>i'm not replying anymore!
with all this retarded bullshit, i'm actually starting to unironically think this is kanye and he just can't let go of being called out on fucking Sup Forums lmao

>Implying the line about asshole bleach isn't 10/10

i too remember what it was like to be 14

LMAOing at all the avant teens ITT who think they're too good for a hip hop artist

You're still not fooling anyone, Kanye.

Ok, kanye

Kanye is one of the greatest artists of all time, fuck ya'll lol. TLOP is still in the bottom 3 of his discography. Not a mind blowing album but certainly had gems. Give it a listen you edgelords.

>kanye's still going

Don't you have better things to do besides trolling Kendrick?

It's not my fault that you're retarded and easy as fuck, Kanye.