Is it worth learning how to DJ? Any people DJ on Sup Forums?

Is it worth learning how to DJ? Any people DJ on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TxX0I1ASUPg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqlcC0frlQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDDkDxg3DYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What genres are you djing

no clue
havent started yet

I just started a few months ago. I mainly mix french electro and disco. Haven't gotten close to any gigs yet but I'm still practicing anyway.

is it fun?

>no clue
Don't even bother

Yeah it's cool and fun. Reasonably easy to learn and you should try getting into it with a crew - like being in a band. My mates do it and put on relatively successful shows around my city. If you get big enough with a crew you can look to get DJs you like into your city to throw on little shows.

well im stuck somewhere between techno or hip hop

>not hardstyle
pleb

no one listens hardstyle in canada..

Make them.

Real old school vinyl dj here.

What is there to learn now a days? Picking songs? You literally just hit the play button.

This exactly. I use to fuck around bout 10 years back.. mainly hard trance, some vocal shit here and there. Found out about hardstyle when I was on mIRC and I fell hard. I thought to myself "I must make others hear this insane shit" and I went from sneaking in a few tracks here and there to doing nothing but hardstyle sets. People were always telling me that they love my sets but they are just too aggressive . I would always just say so.. deal with it. Mfw I brought hardstyle to utah before shit was even being close to successful back over seas. Just try to spin what you want user.. if it has a good beat and you are creative, people will love it regardless.

I don't actually listen to hardstyle. I was just telling him to spin what he wants. Gimme some recs, my dude.

I've been a DJ with both vinyl and digital and I've run into this ignorant attitude a lot from old timers and holier than thou vinyl DJs. It's a really dumb and limiting outlook.

As with most anything, you get out what you're willing to put in. If you just want to stand around at a friend's party and press play and hold an earcup to your head then sure, you can use beat matching software and do just that. If you want to explore all the amazing possibilities that digital technology offers and blur the line between DJing, performing, and producing live you can do that too.

Going digital has been such an expanding experience for me because it's pretty much limitless.

I haven't listened to any of that for ages.. I have no idea where the sound is even at or if I would even still love it now myself. All my recs would be from a decade ago..

as for whether or not to start DJing, you should try it and see

get some cheap dj software and mess around with it and if you find yourself having fun then maybe you should do some research and invest in some real gear

>All my recs would be from a decade ago..
So?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TxX0I1ASUPg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqlcC0frlQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDDkDxg3DYE
Shit is a bitch trying to remember some songs from ten plus years ago.. enjoy user.

Appreciate it, user.

Made me blush.. kek.