Tfw alive for the goth revival

>tfw alive for the goth revival

They sound like Paramore not Bauhaus or even the Cure.

loool op BTFO first post

Literally just the 1975.

She's holding a 12 string Vox Phantom. Easily $3,000 guitar if not more. She's holding it because Ian Curtis played one.

This is style over substance 100%. But you see kids today don't know anything about the goth movement in the 80s. They're going to think this is fresh and original. They're going to attribute this bullshit image to the music and think they somehow go hand in hand. Fuck this band. They're for losers.

OMGAWd i'm SAAAAAAA depresssssed

I like the sound alright but half the time I cant fuckin tell what shes saying even after looking up the lyrics.

GOTH MUSIC ENTRY LEVEL BANDS STATER PACK

1. JOY DIVISION
2. BAUHAUS
3. THE CURE
4. CHRISTIAN DEATH
5. ALIEN SEX FIEND
6. THE SISTERS OF MERCY
7. SIOUXSI AND THE BANSHEES
8. KILLING JOKE
108080138038018308103808. MARYLIN MANSON

drab majesty already perfected it

god the vox phantom is really the modern mans way of saying they can't think of anything new

Marylin Manson fans make me want to hang myself

Siouxsi and Sisters go before Alien Sex Fiend and Christian Death. Probably Bauhaus too.

it's days like these that i wish gothic would be part of black music, ensuring a huge outcry over shit like this

>A Major chord
>goth

lmao!

Goth revival is also always accomanied by goth backlash, and in the current environment that'll mean dozens of Sophie Lancasters instead of just one.

How can they have a revival when they never felt alive in the first place?

I remember goth culture from the perspective of a ten year old and it was pretty cringey.

Pale Waves is just some generic pop rock with more eyeliner and waifu bait.

>""""""""""goth""""""""""
Chelsea Wolf is the only nu-goth worth listening to.

If Television Romance is a good summory of their sound, they sound like a less catchy "The 1975" with a slight worse singer.

Why the fuck would anyone barre an A Major

Yeh, pretty puch this

>Because you don't want an open string
>Because you want to make it sound staccato and it's harder to do with an open string
>Because you're already playing a barred progression in that area of the fretboard and jumping down to an open A is harder and serves no benefit
Probably more

its all garbage with no substance or creativity.Only good goth is 80s goth and neofolk

the only kinda gothy band that i like out of this "movement" is the soft moon. wolfe is barely passable other than being hot

Oh shit dude, sweet repost!