Resident Evil

Just watched the movies today.

How in the hell did they go from a decent first movie to the pile of crap that is the other movies?

>at least Milla looks good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jA964ue-aps&list=PLmYc9gG3yj8Smg__20Bvm3GBm_2Y3aCSL
youtube.com/watch?v=GBLpxgUfFHs
youtube.com/watch?v=v0i-Th0bvPw
youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5g-l0Bcss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>decent first movie

they're very good 'so bad it's good' movies.
I don't know if they're supposed to be taken seriously, but I think pretty much everything about them is completely ridiculous and absolutely laughable. I had a blast with the last one and laughed for almost the entire runinng time.

this

Resident Evil isn't decent, it's a masterpiece

she should get naked in all of them!! wow shes so sexy

and also james cameron's favorite guilty pleasure movie.

Resident Evil movies are top tier actionkino.

Okay, perhaps I was under selling it. First movie has perfect pacing and is a near perfect monster movie.

first movie had the most kino of soundtracks

youtube.com/watch?v=jA964ue-aps&list=PLmYc9gG3yj8Smg__20Bvm3GBm_2Y3aCSL

you kidding OP, apocalypse was fantastic, scene related where they shut down the gates especially is fun as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=GBLpxgUfFHs

and at the end of the movies, where you think she's won, but then its revealed it was all part of Umbrellas plan

I would hesitate to call it "fantastic," it's where Alice becomes a Mary Sue and it looks cheap like it's a Syfy Original Movie. Also Jill Valentine is severely underutilized

That said it is damn good fun and highly rewatchable

Marilyn Manson needs more work on films. His RE tracks were fucking great

did a good job for John Wick too

everyone hated because it wasnt like the games, so I think they just stop giving a shit and just copied them more and more with some retarded movie cliches thrown in.

I always liked the little ironies of the movies.

>Prison break guy in the prison...

agreed

Two other things I love about the film are the photography and lighting, a lot of which was accomplished using strategically placed mirrors. The entire look of the movie is wonderful, and this is something sorely missed in the sequels, especially Apocalypse which looks downright ugly

Finally, someone who likes Apocalypse. It's one of the most colorful and inventive 2000s era action movies.

28 Weeks Later pretty much ripped this off too

youtube.com/watch?v=v0i-Th0bvPw

Spence did NOTHING wrong

>that picture
WAKE ME UP

Apocalypse was based (for a Resident Evil flick)

Yeah, but Alice becoming a Mary Sue was inevitable I think

(can't wake up)

>a black took the photo
JUST

based James Purefoy

>live action after the second one
behold the upcoming resident evil kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5g-l0Bcss

>Yeah, but Alice becoming a Mary Sue was inevitable I think
I have no problem with her becoming a powerful badass, but making other characters weak and incompetent just to make her look better is unnecessary, something that's especially egregious in Apocalypse, to the point where her husband actually rewrote scenes to make her the focal point because he didn't want other characters upstaging his wife.

Why are there so many RE movies?

B-movie budget, B+ movie profits.

They'll probably reboot it with a more serious tone within the next 2 years.

because they're fun, and people like fun movies

I actually enjoy the sequels more, I think the first one's the weakest.

>to the point where her husband actually rewrote scenes to make her the focal point because he didn't want other characters upstaging his wife.

Yeah, that's what I meant about it being inevitable

>STAND TO FUCKING ATTENTION WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU
>THAT LITTLE FUCKING BRAT OCTAVIAN

I didn't know people who thought this existed

Him, Lambert (Highlander), and Jane (Punisher, the Expanse) look the same.

Fuck she was hot. Need to watch Farscape

*I didn't know people like this existed.

The last one with the underground bunkers and shit is LITERALLY the worst movie I have ever seen

Still enjoyed it tho

First movie was keno.

She looked so damn good in the last film

one thing I really hate about the last two movies is that they came out at the height of the 3D craze and are chock full of moments that exist only to exploit this technology, when watched in plain 2D they are rather obnoxious

The NYC fight in the last movie is really bad for that.

Also, was I the only one who didn't recognize that the one of the girls in the last movie was the Cop from the 2nd movie?

>pile of crap
They're more or less pure kino though, Anderson is quite unironically an innovative and brilliant cinematic mind.

>was I the only one who didn't recognize that the one of the girls in the last movie was the Cop from the 2nd movie?
wasn't that the point?

Retribution>RE>Extinction>Apocalypse

Afterlife is actual garbage

I actually agree with this, he is probably the most underrated director ever. Also he seems like a really good guy

>anything above RE1
"no"

also Afterlife is good when viewed as self-parody

>You will never have unlimited clones of Milla for "experiments"

I'd like some Jills as well

completely understandable. The fact that both where in 2 made it much better then the mostly bad monster movie that it was.

He smashed open the fucking virus thing while still in the lab instead of the train.

feels bad man