Taylor Swift
Bruce Springsteen

Zappa and Springsteen bore me to tears
Pond
Sex Pistols
Billy Joel
AC/DC

How the fuck can you not get into this?

Radiohead. I acknowledge it takes genious to make that kind of music, but it still doesn't sound good, which is all that matters overall

Black Flag somehow

Radiohead

I don't put much effort into it, if it sounds like crap after the 2nd attempt, it's more likely utter crap.

I generally don't find singer-songwriters other than Bob Dylan interesting at all.

Can
Ween
Most pop punk

I have no idea why i cant get into Can because I'm a big fan of prog rock.

Same with solo Beatles. I think it's because John and Paul ballenced out each other but once they went solo they lost that ballance and both went to opposite sides of a spectrum.

That guy looks like Egg Man.
Also I can't get into Frank Zappa because I remember in high school, some beta kid was orbitting this thicc butterface and tried to tell her about Frank Zappa. He looked like pic related except he was mexican and he talked funny. That girl also started flirting with me a lot but I rejected her because of her face.

>That guy looks like Egg Man

David Cameron?

Yes.

Most punk rock I find to be incredibly boring. How many times can you listen to rants against the government over generic three chord rock?

Putting aside easy, obvious targets like Nickelback or Black Eyed Peas...

>Blink 182
>Frank Zappa
>John Mellencamp
>Rush
>Dire Straits
>St. Vincent

Also there's a number of artists that I feel are ok, but far overrated in terms of what they've actually given us.

>Beach Boys
>solo Beatles
>Eminem
>Pink Floyd
>Steely Dan
>Madonna
>Van Halen
>Tom Waits
>Metallica
>Nirvana

Beach Boys
it all sounds like weird circus music

>underground metal
>A genre

KISS, GNR, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, White Stripes, Limp Bizkit, Nine Inch Nails, Metallica (aside from maybe three songs), post-Rocks Aerosmith, solo Alice Cooper, Eric Clapton after the early 70s, and solo George Harrison.

>16 posts
>no mention of Bjork
I tried, I really did.

>Putting aside easy, obvious targets
>Blink 182
>tom waits
>far overrated
This post is all sorts of stupid.

Blink 182 were ok in the 6th grade. After that, what was the point?

You might have trouble with reading comprehension.

>Tom Waits
>Kiss
>Nick Cave
>Elvis Costello after Blood and Chocolate
>PJ Harvey
>Leonard Cohen
>Dave Matthews Band
>White Stripes

I've tried to enjoy these artists, but can't

REM
Coldplay
Bruce Springsteen
Radiohead
AC/DC
Grace Jones
P-Funk

OK Computer is a decent album other than that I find Radiohead terribly overrated.

Dave Matthews Band...sorry.

Nirvana and grunge in general.

Captain Beefheart...what the fuck is this?

Beatles after Revolver.

The Police/Sting just annoy me.

Cardiacs
Genesis
Grateful dead
Cream

There are a lot of bands I don't personally care for like Pink Floyd, although I can understand the appeal for a lot of people. Pearl Jam however are one group that I can't understand the appeal of at all. I admit I've never really listened to their deep cuts and my PJ knowledge is limited to their radio hits, but none of them have any kind of a vocal melody or instrumental hook, it's just Eddie Vedder mumbling over a tuneless wall of noise.

Rush
Yes
Trout Mask Replica (but I enjoy the rest of their discography)
Exile on Main Street. I tried, but it's so boring.
Elvis Costello--King of America
Coltrane--A Love Supreme (late 50s Coltrane is best Coltrane)
Wilco
Dave Matthews Band
Jeff Buckley
John Mayer

Bruce Springsteen
R.E.M.
The Replacements
Wilco
U2
Yo La Tengo
Sufjan Stevens
Dire Straits
Steely Dan
Grateful Dead
Bob Dylan
Blur
All country music
Most folk music
Most pre-2000s rock/indie/alternative
Most pre-2010s hip-hop
/bleep/ shit aka hipster EDM
Pretty much all jazz and classical

Smashing Pumpkins. I think it's probably Billy's voice that turns me off.

>Coltrane--A Love Supreme (late 50s Coltrane is best Coltrane)
I like a lot of far-out, experimental music but Giant Steps is the last Coltrane album I can listen to. I tried ALS and Meditations but couldn't force myself to like them. I think by that point in his career, he devolved into self-indulgent malarkey. Pharoah Sanders just made it worse. And, again, I have a world of respect for McCoy Tyner, but I find his modal piano playing with the Coltrane quartet to be repetitive and dull.

U2 (my wife loves them, but I'm sure not going to take her to see them if I can help it)
Most grunge
Dave Matthews Band
John Mayer
Eminem
Barry Manilow
Ringo Starr
Usher
Grateful Dead

what metal do you like op? I'm sure you could get into extreme metal with a bit of guidance

Bruce Springsteen. The guy has zero sense of melody or hook-writing abilities and his music just doesn't connect with me at all. It's kind of like Dylan worshipers. I just don't get it.

Also "I fuckin' hate the Eagles, man."

A few popular ones (excluding the easy punching bags like Barry Manilow and Celine Dion).

>Eagles
I've heard enough of them on the radio for several lifetimes, also they're as exciting as watching paint dry.
>Dave Matthews Band
>Green Day
I don't like BJA's voice
>Talking Heads
Don't get them at all
>No Doubt
>Bob Seger
>Billy Joel

The Eagles
Bruce Springsteen
U2
The Band

I respect Pearl Jam in a lot of ways for fighting Ticketmaster and refusing to shoot music videos, but at the same time their music is so tedious, overwrought, and devoid of any sense of humor or fun.

Arcade Fire. Every hipster I knew acted like they were the second coming of Jesus, but I failed to see the appeal.

>GNR

You got any problem with Rui Reininho?

There are many people here talking about Dave Matthews Band like it's something essential or famous

Radiohead. My god are they boring.

They were famous like 15 - 20 years ago and mildly acclaimed too

Led Zeppelin. Save the drummer, everyone in that band is a mediocre musician at best. Most of their songs were stolen from other artists, and the lyrics are either half baked rehashes of fairy tales or shitty "love" songs.

how the fuck can you be too pleb for radiohead? they're not stockhausen ffs

Neutral Milk Hotel.

Mac DeMarco
Radiohead

Led Zeppelin. Plant's voice is annoying, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't mind Lee's voice.
I'm also a huge prog fan, but I don't care for Can.

Frank Ocean