youtu.be/cMOAXm94VWo
youtu.be/-56h8d3gLgk
youtu.be/-bkcPS3GHQY
youtube.com/watch?v=5JVhbusBDi4
youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8
youtube.com/watch?v=2sUyk5zSbhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why

>a shitty blues pop rock song ruining an otherwise beautiful and flawless album of masterfully crafted progressive rock and innovative electronic music
>why would you delete it

*sees Great Gig in the Sky*
Hm, what's this still doing here?

>Deletes the whole fucking album
Perfect

>dsotm
>progressive rock
>innovative electronic music
pick one

I agree. Money nearly ruined the album for me.

/thread

How is it the absolute worst prog band and their worst album are the most popular ones? I will never understand

Delete Time. Those fucking clock noises are super gay and the song is irritating too

Great gig in the sky is the only good song on DSOTM

>worst prog band

Led Zeppelin

I have no idea. They shouldn't even be considered prog, especially with The Wall, a non prog album, being their crowning achievement.

lmao led zep isnt prog, fgt

>not also deleting On The Run

Name a better bass line than Money.

>wikipedia

>be pink floyd
>make generic rock songs
>put in random noises that add nothing to the song
>be called a musical genius

That just says Atlantic took an interest in prog rock bands. It doesn't say led zep is prog rock. 1 in 7 people are functionally illiterate, so you may be one of them

Blue oyster cult - burnin for you

Off the top of my head,
youtu.be/uog1U_Kemlk
youtu.be/cMOAXm94VWo
youtu.be/-56h8d3gLgk
youtu.be/-bkcPS3GHQY

The more I listen to this album the more I skip Money. It completely ruins the flow of the album for me. The mind blowing guitar on Time and then epic singing on The Great Gig in the Sky and then... a blues song with a twist. Then it gets right back on track with Us and Them.

I just see no reason for Money to be on the album other than to be the lead single when it doesn't fit at all with the theme/music on the rest of the tracks.

They're prog you fucking faggot

Oh look it's another let's trigger Pink Floyd fans thread.

>Have one of the most powerful tools at your disposal, the Internet
>Use it to go on Ugandan basket weaving site and be contrarian for (You)s

since it is ok to cite wikipedia

No they aren’t you god damn retard they’re blues rock. Fuck

>implying I was baiting

they fit all the criteria for prog

fantasy lyrics, shitty long guitar solos, etc.

>fantasy lyrics
>shitty long guitar solos
Prog requirements, everyone. I guess that means Iron Maiden is prog too

why wouldn't you just post the original bassline

youtube.com/watch?v=5JVhbusBDi4

Wait. Iron Maiden isn't prog? Damn.

What's the criteria then?

>blues rock

literally everything can be considered fucking blues rock, that shit hasn't existed since the '50s

how the fuck is stairway to heaven not prog

Someone explain to me what is so great about this band. They start off as a le wacky psychedelic band and then turn into a mediocre rock band with some meme shit thrown in.

They lose in song structurally, technical skill, innovation, and atmosphere to MANY other prog bands. Why would I ever listen to pink floyd when something like Frank Zappa exists?

>On the Run and Any Colour You Like
>not amazing innovative electronic music for 1973
idiot

structure*

How the fuck can you hate led zeppelin?

listen to more music

because your taste is different retard

That song is beautiful you tasteless idiot

How the fuck can you like led zeppelin?

Shit vocals, shitty annoying drum beats, shitty lyrics, shitty guitar playing that just smashes notes together. It's just fucking cringey

only thing I agree with is shitty lyrics, and to a degree the vocals, although there were some good moments on their debut

it's like you disregard how ahead of their time they were? so much moreso than the beatles

>We're so cool and hip. We don't listen to that lame old dadrock. We listen to REAL music like Kendrick Lamar and Radiohead.
>Good luck getting laid with your shitty dadrock you bitter virgins haha.

>Listening to music for the lyrics

>hm this music is too subtle, can we add orgasmic sounds to drive the point home?
Get out

I know its b8 but
>people getting laid because of radiohead or kendrick

literally the most nu-male soyboy shit ever

>it's like you disregard how ahead of their time they were? so much moreso than the beatles
I don't even like the Beatles but this song was far more innovative than anything Led Zeppelin ever did.
youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8

Eh, I mean, not really, they sound like the most typical mainstream 70s band to me

The Beatles are overrated but at least they had a solid discog and everything they made was at least 5/10, and they paved the way for a lot of shit made in the late 60s to late 70s

Everyone knows pink floyd is """"prog"""" rock for normies already, get over it. Can we just use this thread as a prog thread instead of rehashing already known information>

It’s not as good of a song

We can all agree that Us and Them is absolutely god tier right

Lmfao

>the most typical mainstream 70s band
1969. They basically invented dadrock. Have you listened to their entire discog? You'll start hearing their influences in quite a few things.

I'm not saying Beatles weren't influential I'm just saying everyone wants to suck off all four at once on this board and it's rare to see LZ get acknowledged as important as they were

Houses of the Holy was prog as fuck

>acdc puts out a singular rap track
>they are now a rap group instead of rock

I'm not typically one for guitar solos but some of David Gilmour's solos are pure kino
>Careful with that Axe Eugene
>Time
>Dogs
The man was a god

Any colour you like is objectively the best song on the album

>Why would I ever listen to pink floyd when something like Frank Zappa exists?
this is one of the most immature comments ive seen on here

acdc are shit too

Sup Forums doesn't listen to actual prog, they only know frank zappa and pink floyd because their dad or memetano told mu to listen to them.

in case you havent noticed dadrock is shit

psychedelia and soft rock being the exception

Why does The Great Gig in the Sky get so much hate? I love it.
>the soft gentle piano
>the moment when the drums kick
>the intense emotional wailing
>slowly the screaming calms down and gets quieter
It's a gorgeous song. It's so powerfully emotional and heavy. It gets me every time. I think it would work really well in a movie.

>ending riff on Lady fantasy

>mu only know frank zappa and pink floyd
Don't forget Kang Crimson

>Sup Forums
>Frank Zappa

nah, Frank Zappa is too fun to actually be liked by the sad, pretentious teenagers of Sup Forums

kys

Well they pretend to by posting the album art of Hot Rats

>all these contrarian faggots pretending that Echoes isn't one of the most beautiful pieces of prog rock ever written
I know you kids are angsty but you don't have to hate Pink Floyd just because your dad likes them.

the bassline in Echoes is more groovy and fun than any of these

t. has never listened to the album on vinyl

I have many times actually. I used to listen to this on vinyl with my dad all the time.

*deletes on the run*
aahh perfection

>normalfag gets extremely upset when others don't like his normalfag band

t. little babby who's never done LSD
On the Run is a very accurate portrayal of a hallucinogenic trip.

Shut up, you junkie piece of shit

>23 minutes of wank, "epic" blues solos, lack of progression, and repetitiveness
>most beautiful pieces of prog rock ever written

>fuck off dad I hate you and your lame music reeeeee
I know being 15 is hard but you'll calm down in a few years

>wank, "epic" blues solos, lack of progression, and repetitiveness
It's obvious that you've never even listened to Echoes. You just went on youtube to check how long it is.

To be fair even if he did that, its not like hes off the mark by much. Echoes is a slog to get through.

The normalfag cannot understand why others still dislike his normalfag band, normalfag must resort to using reddit memes in order to cope with the situation

>y-you just haven't listened to it.
Ok if you say so, enjoy the 23 minute wank-fest for yourself.

>this is the attention span of neo/mu/ faggots
please go back to r/music to talk about your Foo Fighters or Kendrick

>Echoes
>lack of progression
You have no idea what you're talking about. Echoes is full of progression.

>adding random dissonance and faggotry in the middle of our song, then leading back to the repetitive riff we just played for 13 minutes before is "progression"

>an arpeggio getting played over and over again is an accurate portrayal of an hallucinogenic trip.

sure man. keep doing those drugs.

>he's never tripped so hard that his senses were overloaded and everything turned choppy and weird like at 1:52
youtube.com/watch?v=2sUyk5zSbhM

This kills the pink floyd fan.

>being this new

You also have to delete the pointless meandering bland instrumentals that bookend nearly every song.

I just don't like the song. like I said it's just an arpeggio on a sequencer. I don't care about your lsd, I can't fuck with that shit. just because you once tripped on this song, that doesn't make it good.

real talk the bass line in Baby Got Back is the best of all time. prove me wrong.

if you have to dull your senses to enjoy the music, it's fucking shit music and not worth listening to.

fucking druggies.

This. Absolutely anything sounds good on drugs

You don't have to. I was able to appreciate On the Run long before I ever did acid. You're just a tasteless plebeian who can't handle experimentation.

Not true at all. If anything it can make you more critical of generic shitty pop music.

>it's popular so I have to hate it
>I am not able to appreciate a work of art on its own merits
You should strongly consider killing yourself as soon as possible.

songwriting>experimentation

also
>Dark Side of the Moon
>experimental
fucking Yoko Ono and Can and tons of krautrock artists had already been making music for years at the time.

>durrrr this shit is so long and boring and nerdy
>why can't they just write a simple three minute catchy song like normal bands
>I don't have time for this
The absolute state of this board.