Can we have a comfy late night lord of the rings thread?

Can we have a comfy late night lord of the rings thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtube.com/watch?v=nM7byUTrSZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away.

No, go spend time with family and loved ones during the holiday season.

best scene from the best movie

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc

By nightfall this thread will be swarming with memes!

So why didn't the eagles just take the ring to mordor?

They didn't want to get shot down

Why didn't tom bombadil take the ring to mordor?

He simply didn't give a shit

Have you ever tried walking to mordor? shit's time consuming as fuck

darth vader would beat the shit out of any lord of the rings character

Why didn't frodo and Sam just threw the ring into a lake or some shit? Why did aragon sent the army to gondor instead of mordor?

Goddammit now I need to watch Lord of the Rings again.

How will that help you learn about Bombadil?

>tfw you realize the LOTR movies are shit

It's not their war. I hate this meme

GROND

Perhaps they were wondering why someone would shoot an eagle before knowing what's in his talons..

you're a big eye

daily reminder its literally a fairy tale for children

GROND

It was at the bottom of a river for like 1000 years but someone eventually found it. The ring has a will of it's own and wants to return to Sauron. In the book it's mentioned how the ring can change size mysteriously and fall off your finger, and that it "abandoned" Isildur when he was trying to escape from orcs invisible. It even speaks out loud to Gollum when he breaks the oath he made on it.

Throw it in the ocean for example and some fish would swallow it and then be caught by a fisherman who would find it.

why was boromir more fit to be king than aragorn

>That one orc that's GRON-DAA

What if Tom Bombadil used it as a cock ring while he fucked that sweet river pussy?

But he wasn't for any reason

For those that enjoy fantasy games that are likened to Tolkein fantasy, might wanna search up "project Re Fantasy". New RPG that seems to draw heavily from Tolkein inspired fantasy/concepts.

Imb4 hurr go back to Sup Forums

It's literally nothing

Well Gandalf and an elf outlined what they thought would happen if the ring was given to Bombadil; just a prolonging of the inevitable, so that I guess.

only fellowship is good you all need to stop being reddit

Had this feel about 4-5 years ago

how do we go from this to this
youtube.com/watch?v=nM7byUTrSZA

who /kalimac brandagamba/ here?

Problem is that the eagles literally show up at the end of the extended third movie and fuck up all of the nazgul assholes. It makes sense why they don't show up, at least in the books but that scene tickled the hell out of my autism in the movie

The ring would have manipulated somebody into finding it, and the army was a suicide diversion, not an actual defending force. Aragon had no intention of survival for himself or any of his men had frodo not been successful, because they all would have been fucked anyway

They should have explained that the eagles, being really smart, could also have been corrupted by the Ring and then you'd have a giant invisible evil eagle murdering everyone in Middle-Earth.

Why didn't he just kill Isildur?

Does it sadden you that we'll never have un-ironic high fantasy film with a good budget ever again?

that might be interesting if Tolkien wasn't literally the most copied high fantasy author.

You mean exactly how Smegal found it?

we're getting the Dark Tower soon family.

Isildur was his great-something nephew. You don't kill family even if they have shit taste in jewelry.

They should have just kept going underground, that way Sauron's searchlight couldn't have reached them

B-but that has a negro! We can't enjoy movies that star non-whites!

but what if they ran into another Balrog.

Isildur's Bane?

someone get me a shoop of Bane's face on Durin's Bane

Oh but I can... I can...

not quite

Here you go bro ;)

looks good

wow he's pretty big

>encase the ring in a mould of molten lead
>have the dwarves make a Mithril chest to put the metal slab holding the ring in
>lock and chain that shit hardcore
>throw it in the ocean

Explain how they'll get the ring from that, keep on mind a small river hid it for ages.

That triggers me but only because it feels like "muh diversity" is the reason. I could see Elba pulling off Roland's distant and edgy mannerisms, and that would be just fine. The real problem is those tiny toy guns that are supposed to represent gigantic Excalibur-revolvers, and how clean fresh and modern his outfit looks.

Spending Christmas alone. Watching the trilogy tomorrow.

Numenoreans were hard motherfuckers. Isildur might very well kill him if he tries.
Second, decapitating the human king in already trying times would not bode well for your entire race.
Last, and most importantly, it's actually impossible for anyone to destroy the Ring of their own free will (though I don't know if Elrond was aware of this at the time). The Ring just goes balls out on you, bending you to its will when it realizes what's happening.

You threw away the only mean to prevent Sauron from conquering the world, good job.

The books are the story of the hobbits from the point of view of the hobbits. The movies are the story of the hobbits from the point of view of man(if you go by tolkien's prologue I think the movies are exactly what he expected.)

Sauron would find out which lake, bring 50,000 orcs to drain it and sift through all the mud until they found it, which really would only take a few months tops, if that.

The ring never talks out loud. Stupid hobbit.

How is Sauron or any of his minions going to retrieve that from the bottom of the ocean? And how will the ring use it's own gimmicks to both break it's lead prison and unlock a dwarves made chest?

yes, you are right, now that your life is fulfilled, shoot yourself in the face asap

kek, this meme still lives?

literally any noldor would hand his ass to him before he could even turn on his pussy boy laser sword

It speaks directly to Smeagol near the end of Return of the King after he takes it from Frodo inside Mt. Doom. It tells him he fucked up big time because he previously swore on the ring itself that he would never betray Frodo.

The Eagles weren't allowed to directly help against Sauron by Manwe, king of Valar. Once mortals killed Sauron they intervened to save lives and shit. They would have watched everyone die if Frodo failed.

Then suddenly, as before under the eaves of the Emyn Muil, Sam saw these two rivals with other vision. A crouching shape, scarcely more than the shadow of a living thing, a creature now wholly ruined and defeated, yet filled with a hideous lust and rage; and before it stood stern, untouchable now by pity, a figure robed in white, but at its breast it held a wheel of fire. Out of the fire there spoke a commanding voice.
‘Begone, and trouble me no more! If you touch me ever again, you shall be cast yourself into the Fire of Doom.’
The crouching shape backed away, terror in its blinking eyes, and yet at the same time insatiable desire.
Then the vision passed and Sam saw Frodo standing, hand on breast, his breath coming in great gasps, and Gollum at his feet, resting on his knees with his wide-splayed hands upon the ground.

This is obviously Frodo speaking to Gollum, not the Ring.

Comfy? Do you think big floating eyeball was comfy up there? Like maybe he needed some visine?

>but at its breast it held a wheel of fire. Out of the fire there spoke a commanding voice.
‘Begone, and trouble me no more! If you touch me ever again, you shall be cast yourself into the Fire of Doom.’

Come on user. The wheel of fire is the ring. The commanding voice comes "out of the fire" and says "if you touch me ever again."

It seems unimaginative to me if you can't see that as the ring speaking.

Sauron doesn't need the ring to conquer the world. It would just make it really easy for him. Gondor is crumbling at the beginning of LOTR, and after it fell (which it would have had not for the ring being destroyed) so would the rest of Middle Earth. It was never a matter of "how do we keep him from getting it," it was "how do we not all fucking die" and the only answer to that was to chuck the ring in the volcano

kek

Sauron doesn't need the Ring to wreck everyone, that's the point of the story.

Throwing the Ring into Mount Doom was a desperate gamble but it was their only chance to stop Sauron at this point. Even their victory at the Pelennor Fields only bought them time, Denethor went crazy because he saw the whole strenght of Sauron's armies with the Palantir and realized they were all doomed.

That's after Gollum jumps Frodo and Frodo beats him back, so Frodo saying don't touch me again makes sense. Plus why would the Ring cast Gollum into the fire? It would make more sense for the Ring to just let Gollum take it away, after all, they're in Mordor, Sauron would get the Ring back in no time. Not to mention Tolkien himself confirmed that Eru caused Gollum to fall in.

>Frodo saying don't touch me again makes sense. Plus why would the Ring cast Gollum into the fire?

Are you implying Frodo somehow caused him to fall into the fire? Again "at its breast it held a wheel of fire. Out of the fire there spoke a commanding voice." tells you that the voice is coming out of the wheel of fire at his chest, and not Frodo speaking himself. When the ring was created by Sauron poring more than half of himself into it and it can alter someone's perceptions of reality like in this scene why is it hard for you to see it speaking? It's also mentioned to have a will and to want to return to it's master.

So you're saying that when Gollum is in possession of the Ring at the end, the Ring decides, "Oh I told this guy not to touch me, better make him and therefore myself fall into the fire and be destroyed"?

Also why does calle appear so frequently in the captcha?

Yes, I'm saying either the ring is absolutely held true to it's word, or the prophecies made by the ring are absolute and transcend what the ring does or does not want.

But this is getting farther and farther away from the quote "at its breast it held a wheel of fire. Out of the fire there spoke a commanding voice."
You would rather take that as Frodo speaking through the ring?

>mfw captcha asks me to choose romantic images

hobbit was kino.

uh, yea not him but yea, Frodo bound him to the ring did you just skip the Taming entirely?

Battle of Five Armies had best Sauron

He showed Denny what he wanted him to see, thats what drove him mad, your right, but Sauron fucked with him

did you even see the leaked trailer? it looks like total b movie crap

And now we have Elrond corrupted at x100 his power. Nice job famalam.

kek

why didnt sauron just block up the entrance?

Sauron was a master engineer. The volcano needed ventilation pass or several in order not to blow the fuck out.

Christmas Eve LOTR thread

hnnnnng

What a shitty render.
I bet two underpaid guys painted that scene in their basements.

Does anybody else feel that the first movie failed to portray how the ring influenced fellowship members other than Boromir.
Made Frodos decision to leave the group seem kinda random

Good point that is glossed over too often. Look at how afraid Gandalf and Galadriel are at the idea of Frodo giving the ring to them.

No one can willingly destroy the ring, whether they're a hobbit, man, elf, wizard or fucking eagle.

yea it was underplayed

Okay, I figured it out.
Why didn't they just catapult the palantiri they had into Barad-Dur? Shit's heavy as fuck and supposedly indestructible.

but why? thats just giving sauron another one.

Why are all elves that are not main characters looking like total faggots ?

cause they are

they should look beautiful and out of reach. Not like cosplaying computer nerds

It would destroy the tower