Wait, why wasn't the chair hologram too? Wouldn't that make more sense...

Wait, why wasn't the chair hologram too? Wouldn't that make more sense? I imagine it took a bit of time to calibrate it properly so he was exactly in the right position it looks like he's naturally sitting on the chair. Must have taken time on both ends. Lots of rearranging and going back and forth until it's exactly right. Could have just made the whole chair hologram and avoided the issue entirely. You'd think a civilization advanced enough to build a literal floating city in the sky and a blade runner high-concept scifi city with hundreds of thousands of flying cars and no car crashes would be able to figure this out.

You

If you hologram the chair, there's this big gap in the chairs, or you're hologramming a chair OVER the chair that's actually there, which you'll still have to precisely calibrate.

thx

why don't they just stand up

>I imagine it took a bit of time to calibrate it properly

Not really.

They have the exact same chair wherever he is and the holo camera is positioned with the same parameters the holo-projector is.

They probably didn't even rig the thing up themselves but had some contractors take care of it that do this sort of shit regularly.

they all got faded off xan bars and lean, the jedi meetings went on for hours

then why don't they just lay down

Why was kashyyk so important again?

seems like a lot of work that would be easily replaced by just holograming the chair too

Because we can't forget about the droid attack on the wookies

because wookiees are cool? god.

cause the Conehead movie is cannon

>the jedi order being referenced

>had a mental image of an order of space monk knights traveling the galaxy, preaching vague shit but when push comes to shove they come through, get shit done and are wise about it too

>prequels happen
>the jedi order are a bunch of wonky dildos that sit around, do jack shit except talk shit at anyone in range and then they get gunned down by noname clones
>they all got their position because they patrol the galaxy with their tv license vans and knock on doors to check everyone's midichlorian levels, then they just steal your kid and take it away to become a massive prick

I really can't see how it could've been worse than that.

It's like Lucas sat down and made the jedi the absolute worst he could.

maybe its the chair that projects the hologram

he could be sitting on another chair of the same build, one chair receives his image data the other projects

We cant afford to lose it

Kashyyk is the key to all this.

It's the supreme jedi council of the entire fucking galaxy. I think they can front a bit of cash to look fly as fuck ghost humping that massive chair while they scoff at each other.

the wookie made weapons for the republic

Not enough cash for a high res, colorized hologram apparently

>yfw it's Kashyyyk

To get Yoda away from Coruscant when Mace faces Sheev.

Snoke was saving up money for 200 years so he could get himself a color hologram.

And when he did he chose to be huge as well.

What happens when the droids power up their main generators?

>Luke, did I ever tell you about chairs?

The hologram hardware is a set with the chair. The same company manufactures them. You pair two chairs across the galaxy and you get a more immersive holo conference for sweet sweet labor productivity. Since the chairs are identical it's no biggy, it would have been distorted if they used a different hologram projector or a different chair.

I don't know how that company got the contract for this though, assuming jedis would sit around all the time. Wait, they do...

This is unironically a valid criticism. It's lazy animation.

Who fucking cares?

What Wookipedia article is this from?

I made it up, it's cannon until Disney declares it's not.

When are we gonna get a Star Wars board? Literally the mlp of Sup Forums

Kashyyk was the Israel of Star Wars

You've obviously never been part of a setup crew for a brief or VTC where they have lesser ranked people setup this shit hours before for a 15 minute brief.

>Episodes 4-6 shows the Dark Side in power with the Light side fighting them
>Negative parts of the Dark Side are shown
>Episodes 1-3 show the Light Side in power with the Dark Side fighting them
>Negative parts of the Light Side are shown
Muh balance. Lucas even has a lot of symmetry in the movies.

6 gorillian wookies lost their lives on kashyyyk, show some damn respect.

Because Chewbacca needed an origin story. Now we know that they were always close with jedi.

Is this going to be a common theme everyday?

because this happens when you don't sit down for a hologram

>They have the exact same chair wherever he is
no

there's a gap between the chairs where the hologrammed chairs... no gap

the only real problem is calibrating the chair so it looks like it's sitting on the ground not floating in the air or sinking beneath the floor