BASED

BASED

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0f1mSfF1D0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's no secret that Alec Guinness and Harrison Ford hate Star Wars and its fandom.

Why were so many people involved with Star Wars such bitter cunts?

Because all of them ended up having failed careers and blame it on Star Wars (except Harrison Ford)

He just had taste and regretted throwing away his legacy as a respectable actor on this autistic manchild pastiche.

wasn't he a dick to Mark Hamill for wanting his autograph on set?

Harrison's the most bitter though.

They're sick of the nerd stalkers who bug them every day about it. Like how Shatner is bitter about Star Trek.

sci fi fans are autistic as shit and they likely feared type casting.

Yeah I don't know if it is just because he's an alcoholic or whether he is mad he wasn't a more heralded actor.

Harrison Ford was good at one point but let's be serious he isn't a great actor. Just watch something like Regarding Henry and try not to feel bad for everyone involved.

Because he is the most intelligent.

>Upon his first viewing of the film, Guinness wrote in his diary, "It's a pretty staggering film as spectacle and technically brilliant. Exciting, very noisy and warm-hearted. The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel, and some of the dialogue is excruciating and much of it is lost in noise, but it remains a vivid experience."
I don't think any actors who do movies like this hate the movie itself, just the fanbases.

>autistic manchild

keep those buzzwords commin'.

The kid that Guinness spoke to and called SW rubbish wrote a blog a while back that painted a very different picture of the encounter. I've come to the conclusion that Guinness was just a bitter old queen of which the British cinema is crammed full.

Honestly I think Ford just thinks the movies are garbage and only did them for the money. Don't forget he kept trying to get Han killed off.

I was going to say it is Alec but I looked it up and Harrison Ford graduated from a nice liberal arts college in Wisconsin with a major in Philosophy before he went to LA. Alec Guinness never went to college and was just a career actor aside from a brief stint in WWII.

Probably because it got too popular and people wouldn't stop harassing them about it

Alec Guinness was already famous for his roles in the Ealing comedies though.

are you fucking retarded but then again thus is starshit fan we're talking about. alec guiness's career is better than any one whos involved in starshit. just kys fucking starshit nigger faggot retarded

>phone poster

I can't imagine being such a stuffy bastard that I couldn't appreciate being a part of something that brought enjoyment to so many people. Even if it wasn't to my tastes personally, I wouldn't want to bring any negativity to that.

Seeing actors talk shit about the roles they are beloved for is ungrateful and unprofessional.

Alec Guinness was a real actor who wanted to be known for more than being idolized as an old wizard in Prince Valiant IN SPACE by a bunch of permavirgins before Star Wars was a Normalfag's sport.

>British cinema

What is it?

They got chewed up and spit out by those kids flicks. The behavior onset and offset at that time was absolute degeneracy.

"Star Wars" is literally a pastiche film, wherein whatever childhood and teenage obsession autistic manchild George Lucas had at any point is just crammed in there, more or less just so he can realize his autistic D-grade sci-fi concept art sketches, most of which I have no doubt he sketched in his school books as a teenager after watching trashy b-movies and TV shows.

Agreed. Also notice he never seems embarrassed of the Indiana Jones movies or Blade Runner because he actually likes them.

Because despite being in some decent movies, he's still just Han Solo to most of his, most virulent, fans.

He seems to be happier with his legacy as Indiana Jones, possibly because people just like Indiana Jones as a cool movie, and not as a bunch of raving autists

I remember Mike Stoklasa saying something like, "Actors are crazy people who love themselves."

If that's true, they probably resented the fact that they would forever be known for these cliche roles in a simplistic fantasy story, instead of being recognized for whatever work they deemed more "groundbreaking".

no I just had this image saved

I think Ford might have a bit of a behavior or self esteem issue because he shits on all his movies. He hated both SW and Blade Runner in particular.

He's happier with Indiana Jones because he actually likes those movies. He also seems to respect Spielberg more in interviews. He never makes sarcastic passive aggressive comments like he does with George.

You can tell from behind the scenes footage on Star Wars that Ford doesn't have much respect for Lucas. He apparently teased him relentlessly.

From what I heard what it was really about was he was extremely butthurt that wacky middle aged desert spinster obi-wan was a lifetime career defining role when he fancied himself one of those cultural elite posh Shakespearean gentleman actor types.

People would run up to him all "may the force be with you!" and he would be thinking "I was in Doctor Zhivago and Bridge on the River Kwai goddammit!".

youtube.com/watch?v=0f1mSfF1D0w

In a similar vain, Orson Welles' first role was Citizen Kane and his last was in the Transformers cartoon show.

I can actually see this being the case.

I can understand preferring more serious roles, but why would he be so vocal on his dislike of the movie he starred in?
Did Lucas coerce him into participating?

Unicron was the best character he every played

He had fallen on hard times- the roles dried up. He needed the money.

Made more money on SW with his one point than he did for his entire career so there's that.

No he was nice to the new actors.

>ywn be a jock that bullies your nerd boss and still comes out on top

He was interested because he got a massive, fat paycheck from it (something like 10% of the royalties lucas received) and because he thought Star Wars had a good moral message, even though he hated the dialogue

All of the money he got from Star Wars basically set him for life and allowed him to pick and choose whatever roles he wanted, that was pretty much the only thing he appreciated out of it

I knew him from the Little Lord Fauntleroy, is that better?

Where would one even find a kid named Tennyson? The U.K and or surrounding countries?

Well I'm not sure if he actually said it was fairytale rubbish like the OP implies, but if that's the case I don't see how that lines up with what you said.

Star Wars is honestly one of the dullest franchises in film hist6

this is the same literal who that white washed a sand nigger in Lawrence of Arabia. His opinion is to be discarded.

Maybe not for Harrison Ford since he's pretty cranky and has been vocal about his indifference to it, but Alec Guiness died a long time ago, most of the young people who like star wars arent even aware of his feelings towards the franchise.

That would be Rambo.

You're so cool. Can we be friends?

autism

But wasn't he the only actor to take a percentage instead of outright pay because he knew the film would be successful?

Alec Guinness' opinion was perfectly reasonable. He gave it is all as a professional and even used his experience to tighten up his parts of the script but it's tragic how obsessed people are with it especially in America. He told it straight, enjoy the movie by all means but for God's sake grow the fuck up. I can't imagine how he'd react now to grown men turning up to the theater in their bath robes waving a light up sword that was intended for 5 year olds.

yeah, because people won't leave the man alone

Tennyson Ford would be a pretty based name 2bhtho

>Star Wars is the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy jedi (Mark Hamill) and his pals (Harrison Ford, Carrie Fischer) from the rebellion as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the space imagery, the series' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of practical effects — all to make the force unmagical, to make action seem inert... The precedent was already set by George Lucas's THX 1138 debacle—unintelligible sci-fi art-house that people went to out of pretentious habit and left unable to recount or fondly recall. Lucas's sci-fi overload laid the groundwork for mistaking F/X for content... Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody — just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his toys. (Sadly, Marvel and DC's producers seem to be following this model.) The Star Wars series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it's certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

Only one smart enough to negotiate a flat cut of gross profits.

Made him stupid rich

Literally everyone knew this, he scolded children for watching that trash (still cashed the checks, though.) You had to read this shit from a fucking tabloid, you piece of shit.

Spielberg seems like he'd be a lot easier to work with over George, at least he understands when he's doing something wrong and doesn't write all of his movies.
Still wish we could get old Spielberg back though.

Who said this? It seems familiar.

Not him but probably Harold Bloom.

>Who said this? It seems familiar.

Been to a Harry Potter thread lately?

yeah man, I get so triggered when hollywood disrespects sand niggers.

>Perhaps the die was cast when Lucas vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series
Other way around. Spielberg turned George down twice.

It's am edit of a copypasta that's taken from Armond White's review of Harry Potter.

Lucas is a billionare while Ford is crawling back to Star Wars for a check.

Lucas is also a cuck that can't have kids and had to pay his wife 60 million.

>Did I ever tell you the story of Faisel Hussein? He was so desperate for Arab freedom from the Ottomans that he turned to infidels like the British for support...and he was a good friend.

Lucas is married to an ape and has a monkey child while Ford got to pound prime Leia and probably Marion Ravenwood too.

I thought George couldn't have kids?

I understand where Guinness was coming from but I don't think that excuses you from being a dick to a kid that just likes a film you're in. The man was at least a class act when it came to the job. Almost none of his hatred for the role comes through in his performance.
Kind of surprised he was smart enough to go for the royalties though. Maybe it was just a lucky guess.

Oh never mind, he's a literal cuck as well!

The funniest part is he looks almost exactly like Faisel, but if they did this movie today they'd probably cast some black as night wewuz.

he was bisexual, so I don't fucking care about what the candyass think about the movie as long as he delivers his lines and fucks off

Sauce pls

It's the making of on the Trilogy Boxset.

he took gross points on A New Hope as part of his compensation, which made him a very wealthy man.

>a wise old grandpa giving a child advice
>being a dick

He just didn't want that kid to become some 50 year old neckbeard still living in his room at his parents house surrounded by animé figurines. His only crime was that he cared too much, user

Is that were Ben 10 gets his name from.

Imagine how much he would've hated TFA if he were still alive.

Carey Fisher has nobody to blame but herself. She could've easily landed lots of big roles I'm sure. Why not? Women can't act anyways and she would've put asses in seats.

they've been getting harassed by fat beta permavirgins for the last 40 fucking years

Nah it's a surname. He'd just never heard the name Harrison to be fair who has.

>not imagining 80s fanboys running after these people with a fanatic like quality.

>Because all of them ended up having failed careers and blame it on Star Wars (except Harrison Ford)
Warwick Davis did pretty good for himself.

Blade Runner (Director's Cut) was great though. Ford is even starring in its sequel.