Rogue one:

Rogue one:
The Tantive IV is present in the battle of Scarif with the stolen Death Star Plans and is caught red handed escaping the doomed rebel fleet that was cornered
Episode IV
>Wedge Antilles: THIS IS A CONSULAR SHIP! WE'RE IN A DIPLOMATIC MISSION. NO SIR WE WEREN'T PRESENT IN A BATTLE THAT BOTH YOU AND I KNOW WE PARTICIPATED IN AND RAN AWAY FROM CONTAINING THE STOLEN DEATH STAR PLANS I SWEAR WE DINDU NUFFIN.
What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRmYYSp0-B8&t=3s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Eh maybe they were desperate and didn't know really what to say.

I mean were they really gonna say "yup we are rebels!"

Even before that, they see they are a consular ship right after the shoot out they had with the Empire.

Even before rogue one it was a dumb excuse

RIP Raymus Antilles though.
This is now a Raymus Antilles thread

youtube.com/watch?v=sRmYYSp0-B8&t=3s

Here's a clip of Palestinians using a UN ambulance to transport themselves in a fight with the Israeli's. When they arrested the UN vehicle driver, he claimed he was a diplomatic official and was not doing anything wrong.

Use your brain now

>Wedge Antilles
Obvious not him you absolute dumbnigger.

>Wedge Antilles

Neck yourself you dirty fucking casual

Same guy surprisingly

The Rebel is being sarcastic and a dick to Vader in A New Hope, instead of trying to pass off a lie

Everyone keeps forgetting that they jumped out of hyperspace. They were probably trying to BS that they were just a similar looking ship.

RIP

Dude should have changed his name to Maxx Swagg because his outfit was max swag

I don't get what you're trying to say.

Even in ANH the rebels WERE rebels and they DID have the Death Star plans on them and the imperials knew they had it too.

Also do notice that in ANH Vader was having none of their shit and casually killed, choked and imprisoned all of them without giving two fucks about their "diplomatic" excuse or status.

Yeah exactly, plus what's more freaky is in RO and the rest of a new hope, vader is very active in everything, yet doesn't go near tatooine. It's almost as if the last time he was there he found his raped and murdered mother. I fucking love it.

>Well you caught us. We did it. But what are you going to do about it, faggot?
How OP thinks it should've gone down.

Rogue one:
We have a copy of the battle station's reactor systems! There wasn't time for anything else!
Episode IV
>OLD GUY: A COMPLETE TECHNICAL READOUT OF THE BATTLE STATION--WHICH BY THE WAY WE FOUND A FLAW IN OURSELVES BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A MASTER REVENGE PLAN
What did they mean by THIS?

>We have a copy of the battle station's reactor systems! There wasn't time for anything else!

that's not true at all, you dumb fuck. it was the full technical readout. did you watch the fucking movie?

Did you? Jyn and Han Sombrero are going through the hard drive directory and they call out systems of the Death Star, with Jyn saying it has to be the reactor system, not any of the others.

when they download it on the Mon Cal ship, it shows the same full graphic of the Death Star from A New Hope

>bullshit Israeli propaganda.

They have UN ambulances in Israel because Israel keeps the place embargoed and deprived of such luxuries.

What? Jyn says the reactor system is what needs to be targeted to destroy the death star, maybe that's what you're thinking of

It is a common ship, it would be like a cop recognizing a 2005 Pontiac Grand AM from a month ago

She was calling out different r&d project names.

I saw this last night one hour in and i wanted the movie to end bored out of my fucking mind why does tv think this is good

It had potential if it focused less on the shitty characters and why was donnie yen in it

Fuck off ahmed nobody cares about "muh palestine"

I'd love to hear his reasoning for not landing on Tatooine.

Sup Forums likes it because the last hour is pure kino (30 minutes if you're jaded). Can't beat that space battle.

Also, stop with this meme. ANH's opening works perfectly, I went full autismo on it and can verify. Of course they would lie, why wouldn't they? They lied back in 1977 and they're still lying now.

Why are you autists surprised someone tried to bullshit their way out of certain death?

Whats so good about the end? I found that boring too wasn't mind blowing at all or are people just getting caught up with everyone dying

why would he? he orders his subordinates to do it

The battles were really OT like.

They might have been OT like but we already saw better in the OT

i havent seen rogue one

what is the last shot of the tantive iv that is shown? is it shown escaping?

Star War Was a Mistake

Not really. Compare the OT battles to these. They're not as impressive. For their time they were, but they can't compete as well without nostalgia anymore. The OT's relevance is mostly superior acting and cheesy but lovable dialogue.

R1 pretty much wipes the floor battle wise. But fails everywhere else. The atmosphere is fine too I guess.

I don't like sand, gets in my circuits

If George Lucas was still involved in the series, he'd go out of his way to show for a fact they weren't lying.

I-im tired guys.i have a headache lol.

>hmm yes let me wander around in the endless desert looking for two droids even when I have an entire galactic empire to do it for me

Idk, it still makes sense.
the Rebels know they are caught, but Leia has the balls to try to lie dead in his face, hoping he'll follow protocol and turn everything over for diplomatic review.
it doesn't work, but what are they supposed to do, admit it, hand over the holotape, and beg Vader to not tell Jimmy Smits he caught his daughter committing sedition?

It also fits into the narrative where the rebel alliance is not really a cohesive force with a singular mind (yet) but rather a group of various factions, some of which are still trying to use diplomacy to force Palpatine to step down.

Obviously later on it's total war, but up until that point, as seen in Rogue One, some of them were still reluctant to fight openly.

so you are hanging out in a group of 100 guys, cops come in shooting the place up because 3 of the dudes are dealing drugs or whatever. you take off running. you get caught, so by your logic you obviously are a drug dealer because you happened to be near them

It could be because he would bake faster than he did on Mustafar in that jet-black plastic suit.

>some of which are still trying to use diplomacy to force Palpatine to step down.

and especially so for Leia/Jimmy Smits, since Smits is a recognized ambassador from a not-insignificant planet.
if Vader had turned the scene over for diplomatic review, that would have bought more time for C3PO/R2, which would have been nice because they completely lucked into meeting a heavily experienced smuggler who specializes in evading the Empire, and still barely escaped.

Star Wars is not the most technically sound writing, but this is one of the few things that is plausibly sensical

Barring their dog turd of a setup for the setting of R1, I actually really enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes were a dog turd with modern "heyyoudothisandyoudothisandotherguydothis" pacing for the setup, and having Vader make a pun caused me to physically facepalm in the theatre, but outside of that it was pretty well written story-wise, had ultimately pretty memorable characters, and started to show the rebels in a more realistic light.

The trench run alone is better than rogue one

Not to mention the hoth battle, using the tow cables and the ominous presence of the at ats

More explosions =\= better

while watching the end of R1, I couldn't help but notice that while it doesn't explicitly contradict any of the canonical information presented in the beginning of ANH (they really were rebels and it was obvious that Vader did not believe them at all in the first place. each side started shooting during the boarding with no pretense of parley whatsoever)

it does kind of implicitly contradict the TONE and WORD CHOICE used in the scene. for example, Vader retorts with "Where are the ambassadors?" If that scene were rewritten with the ending of R1 in mind, it would probably make a lot more sense for him to say "I literally just followed you here from the battle at Scarif, this ship was docked on the rebel flagship."

also it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me that Leia herself would personally be present for the battle above Scarif. why would she and the Tantive IV tag along? it just seems to drastically increase the odds of her dying and she didn't seem to be contributing anything to the battle.

however these are kind of minor concerns. I don't think they seriously take away from the enjoyability of either movie, even if you are consciously thinking to yourself "this is happening immediately after the ending of R1" while watching the opening of ANH.

>The trench run alone is better than rogue one

OK, but... the trench run is one of the best battle scenes made by any movie maker, ever.

final battle of R1 was still very good IMO

They still capture the AT-AT's "you're fucked, deal with it" image in Rogue One relatively well especially at the early part of that final battle. I was a little disappointed (playing Star Wars Battlefront taught me I probably shouldn't be) that the X/Y wings basically made them their bitch. It's not like R1 didn't solve problems without using big explosive endings either, if you'll remember they knocked out 2 star destroyers by just ramming the fucking things.
I agree with you on this point.

Better ending to Rogue One adds 30 seconds to it, and connects with ANH (both the beginning and when they put the boom boom on Alderaan) a lot better.
>Tantive IV jumps to Alderaan
>Shuttle picks up Princess Leia
>Okay kids we're going to Yavin, potty break at Tatooine
>Credits roll

>Han Sombrero
Mild kek

They thought they could get away free at the end of Rogue One. They didn't realize Vader saw them escape. So when vader caught up to them, they tried to lie their way out of it. But vader knew.

>Vader kills a shitload of rebel soldiers
>Rebels don't know he knows they escaped

The Tantive detaches from one of the Rebel fleet ships and blasts into hyperspace as Vader watches.

I think the point of the Tantine IV being there was specifically to warp out with the Death Star plans on an inconspicuous senator's ship.

Leia's purpose was to warp out with the plans and have enough diplomatic sway to be left alone if any imperials asked questions.

Shit went wrong though and Vader saw the whole thing before it left so he tracked them down.

Leia's diplomatic immunity doesn't save her though. My guess is the empire went into panic mode after the whole incident with the stolen plans hence Tarkin nuking the imperial archives and the dissolving of the imperial senate in the beginning of ANH.

this, lol. in Rogue One Vader sees Leia's bodyguard dudes, who are all wearing the same uniform as the rest of the crew of the Tactive IV, hand the data tape off to other rebels on the Tantive IV with his own eyes. and then he sees the Tantive IV take off with his own two eyes. I would have to imagine that at least one of the couple of surviving witnesses to the hallway massacre would have told Princess Leia something along the lines of "we're totally fucked, Vader himself saw the handoff and was inches away from stopping it"

speaking of the soldiers on the Tantive IV, though, in retrospect it's kind of funny how ethnically diverse the Rebel Alliance is presented to be in R1, but then, at the end, for continuity's sake, all of the soldiers on the Tantive need to be white dudes. it makes me imagine that Leia insisted on only hiring white males or something. maybe it's just a tradition for Alderaan royalty...

Are you saying that the Brown king of Alderaan only had white boys waiting on him and Leia just grew up in that environment?

>radio operator hears about rogue one kicking off at Scariff
>tells senator lady
>she goes to tell admiral not-ackbar
>is informed he's already left
>all ships scramble to Scariff
>R2 and C3PO are shown in the hangar
>the ship from ANH is shown escaping from Admiral not-ackbar's ship

So how did R2 and C3PO get on to it with Leia if they where still in the hangar after the Admirals ship left?

The Senate still existed at the start of ANH. They were trying to pull the "Diplomatic Immunity!" get out of jail free card.

It ended as well for them as it does everyone else who tries to play that card.

Fuck you man, what the Israelis do to the Palestinians is fucked up.

>So how did R2 and C3PO get on to it with Leia if they where still in the hangar after the Admirals ship left?

The Admiral's ship had not left yet. The first wave of ships was fighters. The reason they were in the hanger in the first place was because they were boarding the ship.

This has already been explained.

Everybody that knew about the specific flaw was ded, the anh rebels had to discover it all over

The zatoichi guy was annoying and 2 dimensional.
The heavy weapons guy was cool but underdevelopped.
The djihadist from 4 lions was ridiculous, going from "lost his mind" to "perfectly fine" in 20 seconds.
Han Sombrero was bland as fuck, going from rebel assassin to forgettable side-kick for no reason whatsoever.
Jessica Jones wanted to stay out of the rebel's cause until she decided she didn't anymore because of reasons.
Ben Mendelsohn did all he could but with a cartoon villain there's not much to be done.

K-2SO was the only thing good about this film.

>mfw Kyle Katarn is completely and poinltessly retconned forever.

>when the Y-wings were actually bombers

Nice

Anyone else get Battlefront 1/2 flashbacks from the AT-ST sound on Jedha?

>WE DINDU NUFFIN
That's what.

so it could be several years later that vader finally catches up with them again?

The crew of the ship are taking position to repel boarders and getting the escape pod ready for launch

It's minutes later, not years

Kyle is a wish fulfillment vehicle that would work less in an actual film than any of the other characters you mentioned.
He was written with the player feeling like a bad ass Han Solo with Jedi Powers in mind and nothing else.

He was a good friend.

>He was written with [...] with Jedi Powers in mind

Erm, no he wasn't.
In the first game he's just a guy working with the Empire who decides to switch side. Then he's sent to steal the Death Star's plans.
It's only in the second game that he discovers he's a jedi.

I had a hearty one myself.

Yes he was.

Literally Han Solo with jedi powers.

How did the inspection crew not notice that the white, short haired, clean shaven officer came out of the ship as a longish, dark haired Hispanic guy with a beard?

> Vader enters corridor.
> Rebel: "Fire the Sand cannons!"

No he wasn't.

>Katarn first appeared in Star Wars: Dark Forces, where he was introduced as a former Imperial officer who became a mercenary-for-hire after learning the Empire was responsible for the death of his father.[2] As a mercenary, he regularly worked for the Rebel Alliance, where he was secretly dispatched by Mon Mothma on missions deemed too dangerous or sensitive for actual Rebel operatives. The game begins shortly before the events of the film A New Hope, with Katarn single-handedly infiltrating an Imperial facility on the planet Danuta to retrieve the plans for the first Death Star. The plans would eventually be forwarded to Princess Leia, leading to the destruction of the Death Star.[3] One year later, Katarn is employed to investigate the "Dark Trooper" project, a secret Imperial research initiative manufacturing powerful robotic stormtroopers to attack Alliance strongholds. After several adventures (including encounters with Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett), Katarn terminates the Dark Trooper Project and kills its creator, General Rom Mohc, aboard his flagship, the Arc Hammer.[4]

Not a Jedi.

It's not too hard to grasp if you aren't clinically retarded.

> beg Vader to not tell Jimmy Smits he caught his daughter committing sedition?

I love how ambiguous the 'his' is

Kek underrated

>where he was introduced as a former Imperial officer who became a mercenary-for-hire

Literally Han Solo's backstory.

Later on he gets force powers which makes him Han Solo with force powers, literally.

You're retarded, literally.

Yea but building a castle and living on Mustafar is fine

The original statement was that he was written with Jedi powers in mind, when he very clearly wasn't.

>Literally Han Solo's backstory.
Since when is Han Solo a former imperial officer?

Yer full of shit.

Yeah what they do to u- the Palestinians is complete shit!

Han's background originally was that he was enlisted in the Imperial Navy, made it high as Lieutenant, and was dishonorably discharged for stopping a superior officer from killing Chewbacca.

Pretty sure that's out of canon thanks to them resetting everything and making new origin story comics and stuff now though

BETTER ENDING:
> Tantive IV isn't anywhere NEAR the fucking battle.
> Rebel troopers on base get slaughtered and slaughtered until one with the plans barely makes it alive to a broadcast station.
> Uses explosive decompression to slow down all the troopers and darth vader behind him.
> He slowly dies as the plans transmit out
> Darth Vader finally hacks open the door and runs dude through for extra measure
> Close up of screen saying (TRANSFER RECEIVED)

> Cut to other ship nearby, Just passing through.
> "Sir we've picked up a transmission from the battle. Its a Large data file sir"
> "Give me a second ensign let me just run this by our HORRIBLY CG'd VIP passener"
> "MAM WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS?"
> "HOPE.WEBM"

Exactly. If Jyn was still alive she'd hand over the plans and say: "Oh yeah. Dad said you have to shoot right here." End of story..

Not OP but that would've been a lot cooler.

Like half the Jewish American community has a problem with the current policy in Gaza. More if you count only young Jews. It's a very nuanced issue.

Episode IV
>Many Bothans died for this information
Rogue One:
>Not a single Bothan shows up, much less dies

The Bothans died for the plans to the Shield Generator on Endor you fucking moron.

it's Episode VI you dipshit

Fucking THIS.

She fucking told them all that before they went on the mission you stupid fuck.

All they had to do then was look at the plans and go "right this is the part she was talking about, we shoot here"

Doesnt he say "If this is a consulars ship THEN where are the ambassadors?" like he caught them in a bold faced lie. Like they think Vader might not know and it might trick him, but Vader knows, and decides to catch them in their lie because there WOULD be ambassadors on board but there arent, confirming the lie.

>that image
Christ I hated that map. Lose that command post, lose the game

>Han Sombrero

>not Han Cholo

You had one job.

Well, fuck you too. Excuse me for only having seen R1 once. I have a life, you basement dweller.

Anyway, either General Doodoo or whatever fucking lied during the briefing ("Uh, yeah. OUR analysis showed this"), or when he said our analysis he meant what Jyn said, or more likely poor writing.

It still makes perfect sense. The tone of Vader in ANH shows that he doesn't believe them anyway.
He is essentially mocking them while going along with it "oh reall? Where are the ambassadors then? /sarcasm"

It's pretty clear even in ANH that he never actually believes them, which explains why they board the ship guns blazing.

Everyone who asks about Bothans has to be baiting at this point.

Exactly. Even before Rogue One I always felt that Vader didn't believe them and was sarcastically asking where the ambassadors are.

Han Solamente

Both and was RotJ. How do many people get this shit wrong.

Why didn't Vader just blow up the ship?