You have 5 seconds to explain why you're not out there supporting your local scene

You have 5 seconds to explain why you're not out there supporting your local scene

There isn't a local scene in my town

This, this and all of this
We don't even have a venue for rock bands to play. It's all acoustic singer-songwriter, all the time

I do

Literally the only good thing to come out of my city is Slint.

I don't like poorly played Metalcore

I don't want to watch posh people embarrass themselves to loud music

Social anxiety, lack of money, and underground shows tend to be in houses in a rough part of town.

This
Everything else here is awful

seeing detail-oriented electronic/chillout musicians live is stupid and that's what i like to listen to the most

Its hard to get money to go to shows

The scene was killed because all of the bands thought they were better than everyone else, didn't support other's shows, and now they wonder why they're stuck at serving jobs or entrapping themselves in shotgun weddings

I live in the middle of the woods

I do. I support shitty local bands and my local philharmonic orchestra and smaller things.

Do you like in a village?

The smaller venues shut down, so now there isn't a place for a "locals only" show.
A few of them occasionally play in one of the larger venues as an opener when a national tour comes through, but only the established ones can afford the venue fees.

Indianapolis barely has a scene.

live* I'm retarded

So none of you don't have any art of traditional music scenes? Don't cherry pick and just support shitty pop(ular) music.

Because it's full of hippies, posers, normies, and overall faggots. I'd much rather wage a war against the underground but everybody hates me and won't start a band. Oh well punk is dead anyway.

you sound like a fucking elitist poser whiny bitch faggot yourself

>Because it's full of hippies, posers, normies, and overall faggots
>why won't anybody start a band with me???
Gee I wonder why

Very constructive criticism, user. You will surely improve things.

Because I'm at home learning music so I can participate as well.

I live in fucking Albania, end me

I go to college in a fairly rural town without a scene

I attend local stuff back home though

Šiptar

Because it's SHIT ska and grindcore.

Same

Anyone in new York city wanna start a band?

what's your scene like?

i don't leave my house
also the only person i've met who's actually involved in my local scene was the biggest faggot in the world

Because every place I've lived in has had all the small venues forced out of business due to retarded UK noise laws.

I just want to destroy not improve. There's no getting through to the average weekend warrior poser faggot. We need to start a holocaust in the underground.

Ten years ago we were smoking joints and playing open mic nights, now the pubs are shut there are no live bands except for stadium gigs or venue bands.
scenes fucked man

Very edgy. Take your pills, kid.

Well then start doing things by yourself instead of whining on Sup Forums.

It’s shit
This

You right, you right.

>it’s another “What?” Not everyone in the world lives in my big gay ass city? Wowee!” Episode

We have venues that only support half-rate Artists, rather than independent bands.

That and I have no friends.

Why don't you kill yourself instead?

Let's see:
>the metal bands suck
>the indie rock bands are horrible
>the rap scene is utter garbage
>the electronic scene is a JUST
seconding this

I don't know where to find it.

I don't wanna play with a band. I make electronic music so it's kinda hard to find a small scene for that. I could dj at small parties or whatever but the music I wanna play won't be appreciated anyway. I'm not compromising for bland EDM or nostalgic little tunes to get the oldies going, I'm just not.
I live in a relatively small town so djing techno, dnb is just not possible.

My local scene used to be alternative rock and indie rock a couple years ago, but then it turned to rap and people just started rapping about le weed XD and le fucking gurls XDDDDD

Literally just played a show last night.

this + what little there is in my area all play shitty pop punk

Because my local scene is dead. Use to go to lots of crazy local noise-rock shows years ago, but none of them play anymore and that scene is gone now.

I have good taste and I don’t like listening to Jimmy Buffet covers played by 50+ year-old men at some tacky beachside tiki bar.

because it's fucking garbage

That's still a music scene you retard.

>thinking "scenes" are still meaningful in the age of facebook, soundcloud, bandcamp, Sup Forums, internet critics, etc

I only listen to music casually and am on this board for recs/memes

My local scene is a bunch of lil peep wannabes and it's really gross

>reasons to leave my parent's bedroom?
>no sir!

>You have 5 seconds to explain why you're not out there supporting your local scene
i am.

good thread.

>Louisville

>Gastr del Sol
>Rodan
>Squirel Bait
>Rachel's
>Elliott

my local scene is christian screamo

I checkout my local venues/nighclubs to see if there are any good acts nearly every day and there usually is something worth paying to see maybe once or twice a month. I try to buy alcohol when I'm there too because I know venues like it when the audience does that and are more likely to invite them back.

I'm very picky about the music that I like though and there's so much bad music out there I don't know how anybody ever comes up with "the best 100 __ of this year" lists.

>if I don't like it, it's bad
>music should specifically cater to me
Go away

>opinion me no like? GO AWAY
Honestly, you're worse than him man

>opinion me no like
What? When did I say I liked or disliked his opinion?

So much this.

Honestly, think about what you've said long and hard, and then you can think about replying.

Done.

Now answer my question or fuck off

I don't like modern metal music and the only other thing around here is shitty amateur rap, and I definitely don't want to be going to East St Louis to support that scene.

You didn't do what I said, think about every reply you've written in this thread, then reply. Otherwise, fuck off silly

I support my local record store, but not because it's a fucking charity.
Can we quit this crap and buy physical copies of things because we want to and not because we feel inclined to keep people in a failing industry employeed?
In 20 years, will you make a post asking us whether or not we're supporting our local retail store?

Sunday afternoon

Because my "local scene" is like 5 bluegrass bands.

Cause I hate this tryhard faggot

>You didn't do what I said
I did

Now answer my question.

>can we stop rewarding artists whom we enjoy their art?
Nah

Baltimore rappers mostly suck, and most of them niggas get some buzz for one week before then end up dead

It isn't important and being in music shouldn't automatically entitle one to financial support. 90% of bands are trash and don't deserve any support, 80% of scenes are gay and should not exist

Nice homophobia

Okay genius, let me lay it out for you.
You say
>>if I don't like it, it's bad
>>music should specifically cater to me
>Go away
Guy you reply to says stuff about how he doesn't like most music he sees live, you reply saying that this opinion is bad because it means he thinks all music should cater to him. The result of this is telling him to leave.
From this, you clearly didn't like his opinion, otherwise you wouldn't have told him to leave.

You can go fuck yourself now nigger

lmao he literally said "buy things that we like instead of buying it because we feel like we have to" you dumbass

When bands and artists stop getting paid 50 grand to do 1 show then I will start buying physical

He meant gay as in lame.

How about you kilk yourself first fag

>you reply saying that this opinion is bad because
Quote me where I said this.

It's OK, I'll wait.

How new are you?

Because you told him to leave, specifically because you think he said music should cater to him, That was in the sequence of your post.

Are you baiting me hombre?

Get out

Except that's not how economics work. You can't choose to not buy something you've already consumed because you retroactively decide not to like it

You either support an artist or you dont.
Because you will be no great loss.
Non sequitur

Hmm, I'm not seeing were I said "his opinion is bad".

Try again?
Stop replying if you have nothing of value to say.

There isn't one

because michigan/ohio only has interest in hardcore revival and those shows suck

Why would you tell him to leave because of his opinion if you didn't dislike it?

Still not answering my question, are you?

Why is that?

Anyone else's local scenes only consist of reggae and hardcore music? It's so depressing for anyone who wants to create anything outside of those two genres.

It doesn't matter that you didn't explicitly say it, you implied it, I never even said that you said "his opinion was bad" in plain words, I said that you disliked his opinion, which anyone with a brain would be able to understand, because you wouldn't have asked him to leave due to his opinion if you didn't have a dislike for it.

Combine them then
OK then nice Strawman

I just woke up.
Not only am I going out to support my local scene later, I'm playing at an open mike.

>I support my local scene
>by playing open mics
kek

Because the internet has murdered scenes. The last scene I remember was ironically the one back in '07 & '08 which was filled with scene kids listening to bring me the horizon

Upbeat reggae and shitty hardcore metal don't mix. I don't want to make music like 311.

It's bad enough you're homophobic, now you have something against the physically challenged as well?

Saying you dislike his opinion and you think his opinion is bad has the same meaning. Tell me where I strawmanned your opinion