Both bombing

>both bombing

Why the fuck did they think they could open these against a Star Wars movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5HOt0ZOcYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The studios knew what shit movies they were so they just threw them in that week so they wouldn't compete with their other movies in.

Yu gotta make flops. It's all part of the (((Industry)))

They would've flopped anyway, pitting them against a SW movie is just an easy excuse.

Passengers might not bomb yet but it needs to get saved by foreign markets.
Its getting shilled hard in the UK

there's always something big coming out, when were they supposed to release them?

Hunger Games girl is box office poison outside of shitty tween book movies. Like watching a grown man make out with a child.

January

>watching a grown man make out with a child
youtube.com/watch?v=u5HOt0ZOcYk

Already released in the US

I'm surprised a movie starring Pratt and Lawrence can flop at all. Is the Hollywood brainwashing machine out of juice?

>The Joke
>Your Head

People fear what they don't understand.

The movie just looked really bland and shitty. A shame since the script has been in development for almost a decade and was supposedly quite good at one point.

why the fuck did they do another videogame movie?

why the fuck are they trying an anime movie? (yes GITS is going to bomb despite delusional weebs fantasies on Sup Forums)

Because comic book movies can't last forever, got to look for the next cow to milk.

From what I've seen, nobody on Sup Forums has any sort of delusion that Hollywood's GitS will be any good

>Passengers budget 110m

that's why. no way that movie cost that much to make. it's all part of tax-writeoffs and shit.

like Adam Sandler fuckery but at a much larger level.

First i heard of it was when Keanu Reeves was still attached to it. Back then it still sounded promising.

They didn't bomb because they were going up against a Star Wars movie. They bombed because they both starred white straight male leads. Male protagonists are the past, women are the future user.

No

How long will it take for all the rom-coms to be white girls pining after beautiful ethnic men while their evil white husbands to be fucks off.

Nobody wants to see Pratt in space unless he's guarding the galaxy with a CGI raccoon, and I don't know how popular Ass Creed is anymore, but I'm sure it's too late to ride it at peak popularity

What does that have to do with anything I just said? Do all white men seriously have a strong cuckolding fetish?

That's not a viable argument, Disney made Star Wars into a girl's franchise becuase they know where the future is heading. Face it women are replacing white men in positions of power. White men are yesterday's news.

Passengers could have done well if the actual movie had been any good and if it had been correctly marketed. Sherlock Holmes opened against Avatar, for instance.

Everything about Assassin's Creed is inscrutable. The budget, the release date, everything. I guess Fox was willing to go all-in on the idea of Michael Fassbender being a movie star.

This. I like movies with stronk womyn as leads way better than movies with straight white males.

like $40 million of that is above the line costs. $20 million to jlaw and $12 million to pratt. the $70 million to make the actual movie is after tax rebates.

jlaw is never getting $20 million ever again.

user, pussy is the future, penis is the past.

>Everything about Assassin's Creed is inscrutable. The budget, the release date, everything.

No shit. I saw some merch for it at the mall the other day and wondered if it was from a game or what. Had no idea when the movie was coming out or if it even had a real trailer (not a teaser).

It's already out!

it didn't even feel like it was entirely centered around her. i wouldn't have cared if it was though, what's wrong with having a female protag?

>what's wrong with having a female protag?
Nothing in fact they are better than male protagonists.

The movies aren't bad because they're adapting videogames, they're bad because they're bad movies.

i thought it looked so fucking bland in the first preview i saw. glad it's bombing.

sad it could have been something better.

It's threatening to the fragile virginal male psyche

Women are valued just for being women. Male are seen as useless until they prove themselves. This is why audiences of both genders prefer to see males overcome the the odds and succeed.

Rey sucked shit, user.

actors dont really matter anymore its all about the franchise

if it was called star wars passengers it'd make a billion

search your feelings user, you know it to be true

>Women are valued just for being pretty.
Ftfy

what?

No one gives a fuck about midbudget movies

Only losers with GFs go to the cinema more than 2 times a year

Normal people go once or twice for the new Star Wars or Bond and that's it

Everyone has big TVs with good dound systems which do better justice to most movies than some dark projected image + the noise of plebs eating M&Ms

they both starred only white people so of course they are going to bomb

>white boys JUST NOW realizing they are a relic of the past

A movie with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence as a couple is the most safe bet "young adult" focus tested movie they could have made. Turns out nobody fucking cares. I hope the YA fiction meme dies soon.

Don't know about the one on the right but AssCreed looked like shit from the start and video game adaptations already have a bad reputation. It's not even worth investing in them at this point.

>Face it women are replacing white men in positions of power. White men are yesterday's news.

Yet they call in a white male anytime something goes wrong. It's just an illusion of power they have.

How so? Leia was a stronger feminist icon in ANH and that didn't stop people from liking it.

>star power no longer matters

Thank God, does this mean people are going to start caring about the story, the cinematographer, the director, or....

>people will gobble up legitimate shit if it has a familiar, liked franchise label on it

Somehow this is even worse than star power.

I'd totally watch a grown woman make out with a child and pay for it.

Male virgins aren't people