Hey Sup Forums ever heard of the 432Hz frequency for music sounding better...

Hey Sup Forums ever heard of the 432Hz frequency for music sounding better? I been listening to my music in 432Hz and I think the music sounds better but I am skeptical that its due to a placebo effect on my part.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

432player.com
youtu.be/EKTZ151yLnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user... that’s retarded

432player.com

I use this app to make my music turn into 432Hz btw

no trolling here I'm serious
if you just going to dismiss what I said for 'sounding retarded' pls gtfo

user just watch this. youtu.be/EKTZ151yLnk

Came here to post this

Currently listening to Never Meant by American Football. It sounds off more than anything, like my phone is fucking up.

432 Hz is sudoscience

There's an inherent human bias toward lower frequencies and louder volume. This leads to issues when producing, you'll turn something louder and fool yourself into thinking it sounds better or throw in more sub frequencies because they feel and sound nice and warm. That being said, some music does better in a lower part of the spectrum. The exact frequency of the tonic or individual notes is in reality arbitrary and mostly irrelevant. What is truly important is the ratio between frequencies in harmony and their context within the large scale sonic landscape.

>does music sound better if every note is slightly flat
Why not just play with microtones

how was this image created? what am i looking at? is it an actual documentation of visible difference or just "artistic license" bs?

Use your own critical thinking.

Full microtonal is just too incoherent, try quarter tones.

quartertones are microtonal retard

t. 12-tonelet

You can transpose music to whatever you want, but there's absolutely no reason to universally favor 432 Hz over 440 Hz. It's a retarded as fuck pseudoscience meme propagated by idiot numerologists.

It's really not, maybe you should learn more about microtonal music. There are much more interesting temperaments than quartertones.

But this has nothing whatsoever to do with reference pitch, which is arbitrary.

It's cymatics, but the resulting image depends on the object that's vibrating just as much as the excitation frequency.

You clearly don't understand what the 432 vs. 440 thing is about. You can't just convert a song that already exists into "the 432 version". It's about the tuning of the instruments that the song is played with.
Musicians and composers used to have no way of standardizing pitches, and some countries chose to go with 432 as a standard. Some tuned to 435, some tuned to 438. It's literally all arbitrary.
Using some "432 player" will just make your music sound like shit.
The only tuning temperaments that relied on science, like Pythagorean tuning, resulted in clashing notes and things like perfect 5ths sounded like shit.
Don't become a musical flat earther.
Then some American standardization organization settled on 440 as the standard and that naturally became the norm.

not sure how that last sentence got where it is but that should be a few lines above it.

>The only tuning temperaments that relied on science, like Pythagorean tuning, resulted in clashing notes and things like perfect 5ths sounded like shit.
What? The Pythagorean temperament doesn't "rely on science" any more than any other temperament. The derivation of other historic temperaments is often considerably more rigorous. And that has fuck all to do with tuning to 440 Hz anyway.

What the fuck is all this Hz shit?

Are you asking what Hz stands for?