The Expanse

Can we just admit that this show isn't actually very good, it's just that the setting of space is so intrinsically interesting?

The writing could be a lot better, the acting is pretty shit, and many of the episodes are pretty shit and boring.

Another show with a similar setting could be a lot better.

i couldn't get into it space fedora ruined it for me desu and strangely attractive lizard indian with man voice

nah fuck you, this show was amazing

Depends on the standards you compare it to. For a Sy-fy show, it's miles above their average schlock, even in the acting department. It's also one of the few series that treats the space setting atleast half seriously.

If you compare it to better HBO produce then yeah, it's shite.

>many of the episodes are pretty shit and boring

Plebian detected.

The show is a slow-burning thriller, like a novel. It's basically like Game of Thrones (the books) in space, and it's great at that. Not our fault there's not enough low-brow BSG fan-service to keep your feeble mind entertained.

>try watching it

>shit tv tier lighting, color grading and overall production values
>shit tier sound production
>garbage tier tv acting
>writing is such that everyone keeps stating the obvious over and over since they have to pad out the running time of the episode

Everything that happened in the 10 episodes was handled well, and no mistakes were made. The writing was tight.

Now I didn't say it was always exciting or interesting, just that it was tight. It could have been more fun or epic or whatever, yes. But there is nothing to point out which handled in a poor way.

sounds like you just wanted more splosisions

>Can we

Fuck off, idiot.

If you're not man enough to post and defend your singular opinion, you are SHIT.

it hash good visuals and that's it. Nothing else. Characters are boring, story is boring, execution is boring. Everything about it is shit except the somewhat cool scifi visuals but desu there are tons of good looking tv shows nowadays

are their tons of good looking sci-fi's?

>strangely attractive lizard indian with man voice
Fucking kek, her voice is pure sex.

>space fedora
if you mean Jane then your a special kinda pleb, don't ever talk to me or my sci-kino again

She was probably a hottie back in the day

>Everything that happened in the 10 episodes was handled well

>Get a massive, lethal dose of radiation
>bodies cells are literally disintegrating
>have about an hour to live, puking blood
>somehow become unstoppable ninja-tier commando

So it is shit.

they were limping around shooting shit, not "ninja-tier commando" level

It's a better sci fi show than fucking Westworld, and all the plebs went crazy mad for that.

so nah, the expanse is pretty fucking good.

>unstoppable ninja-tier commando
lol wat? did you even watch this show?

>strangely attractive lizard indian
>indian

come on now, she's clearly Iranian. Fucking Americlaps.

>limping around shooting shit

Between them they must have no-scoped about 500 asteroid mercs. They were slaying left and right like Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton from Where Eagles Dare.

I'm exaggerating just a little but the realism of the space physics is not matched by the plausibility of some of the story events.

>I'm exaggerating just a little
>Clints unstoppable killstreak
>I'm exaggerating just a little
>just a little
>just

There was more hiding and sneaking going on than open frontal combat IIRC. Was it a realistic scenario? No. It's a tv show. And that's like just one part of the show(I hope they don't go full retard with action in S2 cause they have a bigger budget)