Post your last 5 ratings on rym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z0t6_MeCzn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how could you find Chiastic Slide more enjoyable than Tri Repetae or LP5?
how can you not love Deaf Dumb Blind?
:(

bullshit, tri rep might be babby's first electronic but it's a 10/10

chiastic slide felt a lot glitchier than their other releases, that's why I liked it more than tri rep or LP5
tri rep is great tho probably more like an 8.5

try elseq 1-5

Nice try FBI

bumopse

I need to listen to more Naked CIty
What is that record at the bottom from this year?
Is Youthanasia really that bad? I've yet to give it a listen.
Still need to give Nonagon Infinity a listen.

>Deaf Dumb Blind
it's just ok, I'm no spiritual jazz expert or anything, but it was kinda trancey at times but it didn't get me off like I dunno, Karma or Alice Coltrane's work does. I think there are better albums in that vein, you know?

youtu.be/z0t6_MeCzn0

the only good song on AoS is the title track you fool
nonagon and poly are the only KG albums you really need

Youthanasia has maybe one or two decent songs, 2 stars to me is something that is somewhat very poor rather than outright BAD like one star and a half. It's a stepdown from Countdown to Extinction, which is pretty mediocre too, but at least it had somewhat decent choruses. Why this is worst? I know everyone and their mother says this, but to see them turn into radio-friendly heavy metal in order to appeal to the lowest common denominator really pisses me off. The lyrics on Youthanasia are fucking atrocious, check Victory if you don't believe me.

worse*

Loved Tri Repetae

So it's basically shoe gaze meets j-pop. Interesting.
2017 was a great year for them overall, IMO.
Alright, I'm going to give it a listen at some point.

in terms of publicity and stuff yeah, not the biggest fan of their output but it wasn't out right bad, just kind of forgettable. still looking forward to their new stuff though, and will definitely catch them next time they come to vancouver since the last show of theirs I went to was a blast.

Chiastic Slide is indeed amazing...and so is lp5, the album progression from kinda basic autechre to the much more texturally and rhythmically complex autechre was the most self aware shit they ever released.

Listen to Ovalcommers please. Diskont is great, but holy shit , they have about 4 other releases (Systemisch, Ovalprocess, Ovalcommers, and Szenariodisk) that are on the same level as Diskont that get ignored :'(....and beyond the 4th door first track iz pretty gewd.

Flood is okay, and Smile is maybe their best. Listen to the first and last tracks if you listen to anything from Smile, guaranteed best Boris tracks by themselves.

hello

>Smile
I've added that, along with Amplifier Worship, and Feedbacker.

I already have those downloaded and listened to them, I liked them, just haven't rated them

I am talking about Oval, of course

...did you love them? :D

Haven't listened to much that y'all have despite 1000+ ratings.
However as you can see a few are singles
Same for nonagon
But It's been slowly growing on me more and more

yikes

bump

I suck at rating albums on RYM, I’m often changing my mind. Should I start rating tracks to get a total rating?

Start with a few 5/5

rate it based off emotion my man

sure they're alright

either try choosing your 5/5s then rating everything else or just do it on artist by artist basis, ie rate every anco album then every autechre album, and so on until you've rated albums from every artist you've listened to

dunno if Ace of Spades is THAT good but to each his own
nice
yikes

it's really fine to change your mind about an album. i retroactively change scores every so often. i really only do track ratings after i've listened to the album many, many times and i have a very good idea of each song and its role in the album. unless i come across a particularly awful song i won't give a track a rating until at least one relisten

Chiastic Slide is where Autechre first started to get really weird and beat-driven
It's not my favorite in their discography but it's definitely a standout. Tri Rep is super overrated and isn't even that unique or original of an album desu, it's still good but I hate that everyone insists it's their best work when they've made so much more interesting music

keep getting an "Error: Upload failed" message, so i'll just type my last 10 since they are all Metallica since i finally decided to give them a shot despite being a considered a laughing stock for almost 30 years now.

Kill 'em All: 4.5
Ride the Lightning: 3.5
Master of Puppets: 5.0
And Justice For All: 4.5
Metallica: 3.0
Load: 1.0
ReLoad: 1.0
St. Anger: 1.5
Death Magnetic: 3.5
Hardwired.... to Self-Destruct: 4.5

wtf all in all i think they are pretty great. though being widely thought of in their top 2 or 3, i just couldn't connect with RTL for some reason. maybe i'll give it a few more spins soon

same thing is happening

>Wire - Pink Flag
>Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
>My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
>King Gizzard - Nonagon Infinity
>Soft Machine - Third

>phoneposters

Can't get anything past you.

Patrician

Since phoneposting is dead:

The Smiths - Hatful of Hallow: 3.5

Melvins - Bullhead: 2.5

Fishmans - Long Season: 3

Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos: 3

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse: 3.5

I think my autechre ratings are similar, never listened to chiastic slide though

I like sludge metal so I probably should listen to eyehategod, what's your rating for when the kite string pops?

hm

>what's your rating for when the kite string pops?
a 3/5 too
not a big fan of sludge metal 2bh, Neurosis is the only who seems that I like a lot