What it'd take for Sup Forums to love DisneyWars

>swole white male lead
>females are fanservicey and not allowed to overshadow males
>completely original plot
>bad guys win
>lots of angst and pretention, make it the Evangelion of blockbuster sci-fi

Literally zero reason this can't be the case in Knights of Ren.

not necessarily, with a little reworking the darth bane novels would make great movies and people would love them and it would also give disney what it wants in a female lead since Zannah eventually takes over.

I'd be happy with a movie based on KOTOR.

>Revan (Male or Female, doesn't really matter)
>Bastila
>Carth
>Unoriginal plot, but still entertaining
>Good guys win
>females routinely overshadow males (Bastila, Mission, etc.).
>not that much angst, pretty straightforward adventure story with HK providing comic relief

>Darth Bane is white and extremely manly
>the movie will start a brand new wave of Baneposting because of his name and frame alone

Holy shit

There's more money to be made with reddit. We're all broke here.

>>swole white male lead

Alien is one of Sup Forums's favourites, improve your shilling.

>>females are fanservicey and not allowed to overshadow males

See previous point. Fanservice and nostalgia pandering should not be allowed to overshadow fucking anything, which you'd know if you weren't a shill.

>>completely original plot

Yes.

>>bad guys win

Sure why not, not mandatory but whatever.

>>lots of angst and pretention, make it the Evangelion of blockbuster sci-fi

Literally the opposite, please improve your shilling if you're going to stay here

GOT style 'dark and gritty' meme series about the Sith Lords.

His story is memeworthy too
>grows up on a shithole mining planet (obviously a Trump supporter)
>hates his dad, feeling is mutual
>kills him with the force in a dream
>bites some guys thumb off
>gets in a fight with Republic soldiers over a card game cause they think he's a cheat
>ends up shanking one of them
>guy who owns the local bar gets him off world to join the Sith army
>IT AINT ME sequence
>eventually ends up court marshaled, Sith sense the force in him and offer to train him
>Anime high school sequence for awhile, ends up killing the school's main Chad
>coldsteel moment when he realizes the sith academy is too carebear for him, goes out seeking forbidden knowledge
>finds Revan's holocron
>kills his master
>teaches lord Kaan the secret of thought bomb but not how to control it
>Kaan crashes the Sith Order with one survivor (Bane)
>Bane finds Rain, a cute Jedi loli and takes her as his apprentice

it's like poetry

>if the lead is female, she has to be and look tough and grizzled like Ripley or pre-Other M Samus and not cute like Rey or Jyn
>females are there to be waifus, males are there to be tough, have developed backstories, and fight with lightsabers

Creative , risky story ideas.

Story not sucking would help.

Thank god this will never happen.

The Tython duel would be fucking amazing and climatic. 2 sith against 5 Jedi.

It would be a good film to see revan and Malak meet each other on the bridge for an epic duel. Disney really should make this film or they make the storyline film of the two brothers from that KOTOR MMO because that trailer they made was bad ass and would make an amazing movie

Making movies that aren't shit and only sell because of Star Wars on the title would be enough

>dat shitty fan fiction
Boy am I glad the EU is ded

Oh god, Disney-Marvel fanboys are hilarious

>shitty
>best selling novels behind the thrawn books

The scene where Rain murders that family while she's a cute little girl would also be the right mix of edginess and female empowerment to drive reddit wild.

>best selling novels
>wow we sold 5 novels to nerds that will buy anything with Star Wars on it!
kek

Yes to everything besides the bad guys winning. That's not what Star Wars is about.

>poor little white girl starts playing
>cut to black as laser blasts go off
>cut to bodies lying on the floor
>reverb "I'm Sith"

That scene would most likely only get implied, you'd need Lucas to be around to see family murder in a starwars movie

For them to only make ep 7-9 and then stop completely for another 10 years.

I don't care if the movies are shit because I don't watch them, but I do care if they're going to fucking shove starwars in my face 365 days a day until I die.

>5 not 5 million

>Bane novels were never canon
>Bane novels are not canon
>Bane novels will never be canon

Wow, looks like nerds really love their poorly written fan fiction!

I don't think Bane would have worked as a movie. The same things that made it appeal to hardcore Star Wars fans would make it boring for general audiences. It's a little bit like the Silmarillion in that regard.

The bad guys don't 'win' in Bane's story, in fact Bane wins by tricking the old Sith order into fucking killing itself and convincing the Jedi that the Sith are extinct.

The 'victory' story of the Sith doesn't come until Episode III. Bane and the entire story of the Sith order up to that point is basically the Sith being losers forced to hide in the shadows for 1,000 years while their plot slowly unfurls.

The interesting part is making characters who are undoubtedly, unashamedly evil sympathetic which the story of Bane manages to do. Bane is constantly pulled between his past and his visions, his personal loyalties and his ideals.

When he worries about Zannah, his apprentice, he does not worry that she will kill him. Getting caught is part of his plan. He worries that she will wait until he is old and feeble to kill him rather than challenging him at the peak of his power.

You could make the poorly written argument for every writing piece in the starwars universe including the movies.

Beyond grammar and the 3 act structure, it becomes subjective beyond telling a story and how you want to get it across.

I'm sorry Dostoevsky wasn't alive to write in the starwars universe.

It was well written though, it really stands out among the mostly mediocre EU books.

Make the public hate it. Contrarianism will kick in and Sup Forums will start sucking it's dick.

CRAWLING
IN
MY
SKIN

Most of all stop putting niggers and other stupid minorities in it, they're already represented in BET and shit, they don't need to be in white people movies too

Take off them nostalgia goggles kids. Those books were shit.

The Bane books were such shitty fan fiction the author had to force his other Mary Sue, Revan, to retroactively "inspire" Bane to create the rule of two. That's some Sanic fan fiction level of wankery.

The only good prequel books were Shatterpoint and Dark Rendezvouses.

Said the guy that probably likes Dune and LOTR.

Being overly baroque and using non-traditional writing structure doesn't make for a great novel. If the same books you lord over were released now, they'd be shit on.

The story of Bane, at least ~90% of it was actually set in stone years before. Only minor details changed between then and the comics, at least in the first book. Later books gave him more freedom.

The first Dune novel is great actually, though I hear the rest is shit. Never read LotR.

But come on, the Bane novels are written at a 5th grade level English. It's as vanilla and plain as it gets. There is nothing noteworthy about them aside from the fact that you read them when you were young.

>The story of Bane, at least ~90% of it was actually set in stone years before.
>EU, planned out at all
Yea, no, George didn't give a fuck what happened in the EU.

KOTOR2 is superior.

Dune and LOTR kick ass

Most modernist writers use a more straight forward style, the older writers were more adjective crazy in their prose but that doesn't necessarily make for a good read when you're trying to convey a story.

Oral story tellers used flourishes for dramatic pause but adding all of that into written word is at best a gimmick.

If you're arguing for a more intelligentsia driven starwars universe that delves into metaphysics of the force, it would never sell.

Philosophy nerds don't give a shit about starwars and that is the only place you could go with it.

So you're looking for hard scifi trends where they use their prose to tell overly complicated dreck, all you'd need to do is list a few you do like to get the same lampooning result.

>Most modernist writers use a more straight forward style
Jesus fucking Christ, stop pretending the Bane novels are literature.

>So you're looking for hard scifi trends where they use their prose to tell overly complicated dreck
There are above average and interesting Star Wars novels out there. The Bane novels are not those things because Drew is a horrible amateur writer.

This is why I hate /lit/ they're the walking definition of no true scotsman.

You can enjoy drivel, just be honest about it.

I am honest, we just disagree. You're arguing that it doesn't meet a certain criteria when in fact they're stories that a lot of people enjoy, so much so they had to rush his writing schedule to meet demand.

>You're arguing that it doesn't meet a certain criteria
Nice strawman.

I just said they sucks and are of very low quality. Which they are.

And your opinion isn't a fact.

they could start by not making rey an insufferable mary sue female power fantasy and also not use an actor that's completely trash. everything seems like a fucking joke to daisy. keep a straight face you dumb broad

I saw Vin Diesel at an interview in Brazil yesterday. He kelt telling me how beautiful I was, but I didn’t want to be a Stacy and tell him it's creepy and ask him to stop or anything.
He said, “Oh, I love you!”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Thank you!” but he kept cutting me off and going “GOD, MAN, LOOK AT HER” and kept coming closer to me. I walked away and continued with my other interviews, and I heard him to say I LOVE YOU as I walked off. When I came to another actor for my interview, I saw him trying to walk into my interview with like an engaging ring or something.
The guys from staff at the interview were very nice about it and professional, and I was like “ahaha, thank you very much” At first he kept saying OH GOD YOU SO BEAUTIFUL, but eventually he came to me and said HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO INTERVIEW WITH HER.
After the interview was over he kept interrupting further telling me how beautiful I am.

I supposed a pleb would disagree, a fair point!

But lack of an original story is really my main problem with TFA. Not that I disliked it and it's cool that kids(the ones who might be put off by the OT) got to experience ANH I guess? But fuck them pleb kids anyway

The Bane books are pretty redpilled too. They show that might really does make right, and that people use each other until there is nothing left to take.

>ripley in alien
>tough and grizzled
she was a cutie

idk why it always comes to gender. rey is just a mary sue, she can just do everything, she overcomes every obstacle in the movie even though everyone tries to help her, they don't help her, she does it all.

Would be cool as shit

only a /lit/ fag would be so desperate to appear intelligent about books in a star wars thread

I had this same idea when I was in 10th grade

I would be satisfied with just one main story movie that wasn't fucking garbage.

all I want is a movie with a bad ass, young sith apprentice as the antagonist that goes and does evil missions that his sith master gives him and other cool shit all with the edge turned up to 11. it will obviously never get made though so fuck star wars.

(You)'re a fag

Why is literally every single star wars fan idea some autistic coldsteel bullshit about an edgy sith faggot being an asshole? It's fucking embarrassing