"I'm tired of being considered vapid for liking pop music or caring about fashion," she continued...

>"I'm tired of being considered vapid for liking pop music or caring about fashion," she continued, "as if these things inherently lack substance or as if the things I enjoy somehow make me a lesser person."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2QXYf7dVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one cares you stupid cunt.

but grimes IS a lesser, vapid person. i dont understand

you look like a goblin.

is that Baraka from MK with a wig?

cunt

So this is what triggers Sup Forums

DUDE THE DARK SOULS OF MUSIC LMAO

claire

she is right. Sup Forums may hate her but Sup Forums is wrong.

who is she quoting?

You had a couple fresh tunes, but most of it's derivative shite that doesn't know what it is. Call it "postmodern" and all of a sudden it's good or something. that's not how things work Claire, that's not how things work. Ok? you'll promise to make good music first and then complain about being seen as a lesser artist, or is that too much to ask? Now go finish that neurology degree and do something with your life instead of dyeing your hair and hanging out cars whilst swinging swords

Her own self doubt

she is a bit odd looking and I don't even like her music much but I would still tongue her butthole

Why do vapid people pretend simple-minded works are of the same degree as sophisticated ones? They always compare them with a known sophisticated work like there has to be something more to what clearly hasn't been put there. Sounds like guilt to me.

Then again everyone these days swear they're every positive attribute of humanity without putting the time and work.

Is this miney crafta?

That would be weird

wtf are you talking about?

What are any of you fucking people talking about

Don't hack me

>pop music
>not inherently lacking in substance
she seems pretty fucking stupid desu

She's such a dumb a cunt, you should be mentally challenged to actually like her

You know that she doesn't shave or shower, right?

lol

and?

I would fill grimes cervix full with substance if you know what I mean.

bump

I would bump her rump if you know what I mean.

people who despise pop have lost all connection to their body and assume that as floating brains they can no longer enjoy music that makes them jingle their meat sacks or make them excited.

actually thought i heard her say "dont hack me, i'll hack you"

people who glorify pop have fallen for the capitalist lowcom denominator memes

this is the choa thread now please discuss choa

It is just annoying and stupid. Like many people hate shallow shit like capeshit, same people hate pop music.

If you read Faulkner, why in the hell would you read Stephenie Meyer?

bump

we kpop now

chuu.png

FUCK YOU GET OUT OF THE CHOA THREAD

:(

but not all popular films are 'shallow shit like capeshit'

and nobody gives a fuck about them

hahaha i knew that little bitch crossposted here

Hate to say so grimes, but you are considered vapid when you dress strangely AND commission photo shoots so everyone can see your strangeness. You know, artists can be strange without needing to show everyone wacky pictures of their wacky looks and style, you're no different from any other schizophrenic vapid attention seeking """""""""""different""""""""""" art hoe stupid fucking slut. Fuck you and kill your self grimes, I once liked your music too

but doesn't every other artist does it to an extent?

she seemed pretty normal in the twitch stream

haha get that looked at!

yeah she has an avoidant personality and is forced to live with people she's afraid of and everything

there's this fucking zombie living in my room and id like to know what happened to him

Just the fact she put herself on a twitch stream proves my point
"Hey guys! Come look at me play games! Look at me! Don't play WITH me! Don't wonder WHY I'm not making music! Just look at me and talk about me in the chat! It'll be fun, my ego could use lots of men inflating it and making me think I'm a pretty girl who's wanted!"
Fuck you and fuck this bitch

>implying pop music does either of those things for me.

hello

stupid post. you idiot don't realize that artists have a free pass to be eccentric. that's their job, to be exciting/entertaining and that includes their image too. see for instance kate bush, bjork, prince, david bowie, michael jackson, peter gabriel, mark bolan, etc. people are bored of normal things; to be a memorable artist you must be anything but normal.

who are you?

chill down, you triggered dumbass. claire does whatever she wants to, even if that means triggering you a lot. deal with it.

can you stop defending your girlfriend so hard bro

Oh shut the fuck up, you must just be a pussy who doesn't realize how conceited these people are. Just because people "want to see them" this means artists are allowed to jack themselves off via getting their picture taken? Fuck you, you're obviously not a fan of music if you tolerate or even like this practice. Grimes, Bjork, Madonna, they're all the same: whores who love the idea of them being oh so different and collecting dicks of men they deem suitable to tap their """""weird""""" ass. Fucking art hoes man

You are her ego inflator, you are the one blindly follows her without realizing you're just a glorified orbiter. Grimes is no different from clairo, other than grimes not being an industry plant

shill

claire is a great and thoughtful person. really not and joking

???

so fun to talk shit about my friend while on the couch next to her. this is fun to to throw shit on everything. y not

she gets to be a meme too

And not all pop music is vapid shit. But why would I sift through a pile of turds looking for a diamond when there's giant piles of free diamonds right beside the poop pile?

delet

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2QXYf7dVk

HTTT is his favourite Radiohead album

having a favourite radiohead album is tryhard

Whore

the answer is in the question

because they're vapid, it's not that they "pretend" that simple-minded works are of the same degree as sophisticated ones – they genuinely believe they are on equal ground. they lack the ability to distinguish and appreciate quality.

the answer is in the question

because they're vapid

really?

wow charli xcx got ugly

good 1

I love Grimes but I will say there's a bit of difference between saying you like pop music, and extrapolating on that and saying I like _certain pop music_ .I personally don't mind the odd industry pop song, and would defend liking it in the way Grimes had. That doesn't mean I don't also get genuinely infuriated at the half the horse poop on the mainstream radio.
Also fashion? so long as you don't have like 800 sneakers on coz you buy into the snake oil crap and I loose all respect for you. Otherwise I wasn't even aware it was really considered vapid to like clothes

Grimes is not pop music. Her style is too descriptive and you don't know what she's saying, it's not real pop music

*$800

Don't take mainstream media personally, like an autistic faggot, that would make a lot more sense

how dare artists get their picture taken!! it's not like this has been the standard since 1953 or even before then. they all should stop taking photos so incels from r9k can't get mad

your in a bad mood, you don't have an phone/ipod/cds in the car, forced to listen to the radio, keep flicking stations, ads, crap song, ads crap song, crap song, yeh it does get infurating. sure I switch off the radio at times like that, but it still shits me

cool

>kate bush, bjork, prince, david bowie, michael jackson, peter gabriel, mark bolan,
more artists that are image over substance

dont hack me

>I’m stupid and vapid

Cool
>I hope everyone notices how much I’m not phased by my one-liner!

very cool

All I'm saying is don't claim to not be vapid when you are always doing things that vapid people do...

Yeesh
I was laughing while I read it too.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

woah an opinion

i was laughing during this episode youre turn user

will

mods are trying to censor image posting. copy and paste this bowie if you oppose mod dictatorship

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠴⠲⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⡤
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠢⠐⢂⣩⠷⠶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣤⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣴⣾⣿⣥⠂⠙⢷⠉⠫⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠒⠂
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⣿⣿⡿⡷⠔⠈
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠸⣿⣿⣥⣤⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠿⢿⠿⠛⠋⠉⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⢀⢀⢀⠜⢁⣤⣑
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢈⣶⣤⣤⣤⣀⣴⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⠅⢀⢀⢠⠄⢀⣹⠹
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⠨⠼⣟⡯⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⠿⠛⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢀⢀⢀⣀⣄⢀⢀⠘⠋⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⣄⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣥⣾⣿⣿⠃⢀⢰⣿⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣷⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣛⣉⣉⣉⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⢀⢀⣸⣿⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠹⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣼⠛⠋⢈⣘⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠉⢀⢀⢀⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⢀⢀⢠⡀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⠉
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣰⡟⠁⢀⢀⢿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠁⢀⢀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⢀⢀⢀⠈⣿⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⡾⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣄⢀⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠂⢀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣦⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢻⣧⣙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⢀⢀⢀⠫⣙⣛⣛⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣤⣄⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠄⢀⢀⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⠿⣿⣿⣿⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢭⣼⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣤⣀

bump

unironically this

i like how this is a troll post, but it could have equally been written by someone being dead serious

>complex == good

google the definition of the world "elegance" and think on that for a while

return when you're grown past allowing your insecurity to make you feign understanding you lack

I don't like Grimes, I hate her fans, but she's right in here.

thanks for subscribing

>88 replies.
>33 posters
the-two-grimes-fans-and-a-handful-of-shitposters-general

is there something relatable to her?

yeah but for something to be considered good, you have to have an idea of what is good before you judge this new thing. in terms of grimes, you is rated highly by teenage boys who are in love with her and meme reviewers. that is not a stable base of opinions to be transferred.

narcissistic friendships, user. someone got bullied in school and looks back on those people with jealousy