Are you excited, Sup Forums?

Are you excited, Sup Forums?
I hope we get a Yoda movie too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=493ljyoox6o
youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where the fuck is our Ewen McGregor Obi Wan movie?

Can someone please explain the rationale behind releasing more spin-offs after the final episode? Surely they can't think that the side stories serve any other purpose then to fill in the space of time between the big releases.

its going to be copypasted plots for every single one

DUDE DEATHSTAR LMAO

What the Kenobi movie be about? Ewan McGregor living in a cave in Tatooine and morphing into Alex Guinness?

Is that for real? Are we really getting a Kenobi movie?

This image is fake.

Nope, all white male lead films have been cancelled

youtube.com/watch?v=493ljyoox6o

It's fake. We're getting a Han Solo movie next and then maybe a Bobo Fett.

Yes it's gonna take place after ep3 and before ep 4
Just
Rogue
One

I don't understand why they think we'd want to see a Han Solo movie. Especially after just murdering the guy. Doesn't help that they cast a babyfaced balding cuck. Harrison Ford was the epitome of masculinity.

>he thinks 9 is the final episode

wew

...and what Kenobi is gonna do in the movie?

Someone wanna explain why nuSW fans want a movie based around characters who are known misogynists?

The spinoff should be television series.

>side stories serve any other purpose then to fill in the space of time between the big releases.

That's exactly what they're doing, any spin off released after EP 9 is just there to fill the gap between the inevitable Episodes 10, 11, and 12. And a few spin offs will be released after 12 to fill the time between the inevitable Episodes 13, 14, and 15. It will never end.

Bottom left corner

What did Kenobi do between the movies? It's not hard for them to take Legends/EU stuff and make it canon; I think Anakin having a losing a padawan within three years is total bullshit, but apparently it's canon.

If Disney respects Lucas then a movie about Yoda will never happen.

Him and his race will remain a mystery forever.

Please God no! All SW tv stuff have been horrible with the exception of Genndy Clone Wars cartoon.

Just because they weren't good before doesn't mean they wouldn't be good now. Have they ever even tried to make live action star wars content for television besides that one holiday special?

Nobody respects Lucas

The problem with TV stuff is, if they want it to not look like ass and take place in two locations on a ship every week (a la Star Trek), it needs to be a premium cable miniseries at 8-12 episodes at a time max.

A Republic Commandos movie would be Amazing and you all know it

The Ewok movies for tv.

not until I see a Darth Vader movie

you got it

Nice one.

Its like its a really bad shoop of something

What's wrong with that? Disney has enough money to do a premium cable series.

I guess it wouldn't be as profitable as a film, but Rouge One could have been a fine mini series. Maybe we would have actually gotten some character development if it was.

There is no problem, just that even with a fuckton of money, you can't be doing 26 episode runs of live action commercially-interrupted TV.

>Rogue Two
>The story of a group of rebels stealing information about the Death Star 2
CAN'T WAIT

But they're all Bothans, so it'll either be a movie about Bothans, or that line will be retconned.

>it needs to be a premium cable miniseries at 8-12 episodes at a time max

why would you want it to be anything but that?
Its basically what Netflix does, some of their shows have large budgets, some of them are smaller.

>Movie about Bothans
A furry version of Rogue One

>Line will be retconned
The movie will star Rey, I mean Jyn, I mean generic badass petite white girl #1138

Not sure which is worse.

why do you need more than 10?
There's already movies in a year. Large episode numbers work better for cartoons and sitcoms. But if you can't tell a story, even if its seasonal, in 10-12 hours thats just poor writing.

It's gonna be a slice of life farming man movie

Things. Also stuff.

jerk off

>Directed by Xavier Beauvois
>Shot on film in black and white
>Movie is about Kenobi's slow, meditative life on Tatooine
>Kenobi is played by a CGI Alec Guinness

Do you think he has a hologram of Palme being choked by Anakin saved to his computer?

In Legends, it looks like he still traveled a bit and went to a few planets, but the canon now is that he just stayed put and maybe put a few farmer disputes down.

definitely, yes

They'll probably adapt that comic where robot legs Darth Maul tries to kill baby Luke and Uncle Owen shoots him.

Yojimbo-style movie where Obi-Wan protects farmers from Jabba's thugs, while keeping an eye on Luke and keeping his identity a secret.

Too late. Maul is heading to Tatooine looking for Kenobi in Star Wars Rebels.

oversaturation when

If Marvel is any indication not soon.

These movies don't look like they're going to reach Marvel status anytime soon, when we get to there being 2-4 Star Wars movies being released in a year however, I will return to apologise.

Ok but when does Rey team up with the Avengers?

Already. Maybe it's because I pay a bit more attention to Star Wars than Marvel, but Star Wars been constantly oversaturated since 2005. Marvel at least has the benefit of dozens of different characters in their own adventures, but Star Wars is either Anakin, Obi-wan, Vader, or Luke. It's almost all Attack of the Clones to A Hew Hope.

Money, dear boy

>yfw you're alive long enough to see all the original films release, then the prequels, then the shitty fluff (cartoons, animated films etc) and finally ended up turning into marvel films: star wars edition.

It'll be out after the Han Solo film followed by a Boba Fett one.

disney spent billions buying the star wars franchise, they have to bank on it somehow.

pretty fucking stoked for a kenobi movie actually

I'm more stoked on Kenobi than Solo, because Solo didn't even have the Falcon until a little bit before A New Hope; it was still Lando's or Hutt's. At least with Kenobi we might get some ruminations on being a Jedi and explore some of that lore.

How do we kill the Mouse? This can't be tolerated

And telling stories about good friends.

Will the kenobi movie have Ewan McGregor?

they're setting the record straight so they can just pretend that the Lucas prequels didn't happen

Obi Wan Kenobi will be sitting in a bar talking to random strangers telling them stories about the past and how people were good friends or perhaps not so good friends

then some action will happen
and then he'll meet a doomed sidekick who'll be with him for the movie but meet a sticky end

and then obi wan will return to his bar and start talking about his good friends

>tfw episode 7-9 are all trash
>tfw the spinoff films are pretty good

Mos Eisley is gross and on a nasty desert planet where everyone is sandy and sweaty, but it must still have brothels and what not. Not that Obi-wan would go there, but it's probably the only thing keeping people from killing themselves if they're stuck on Tatooine.

If I had to be a fucking moisture farmer on a backwater middle of nowhere Outer Rim shithole, the first thing I'd want is a Twi'lek sex slave or two.

>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

Saw this film with the mom today and wow!
>Movie starts
>Blackhole starship troopers
>Aww shit this may be moty
>Movie delves into the gray areas of the Star Wars universe and its politics and none of the Jedi black and white moral democratic republic extremist bullshit
>vaders first appearance is in the light
>Dat foreshadowing
>Careful not to choke on your aspirations general
>Damn near came at that scene
>vaders next appearance is in the dark
>Foreshadowing overload
>Decent female lead actress that's not some annoying bitch like j Lawrence

So we all agree that his movie shits on the prequels and force awakens right?
Surely Sup Forums isn't as pleb as I think most normally are?

I heard there are people who actually hate this film when it's the best damn Star Wars and cast since the original.

>#1138
i see what you did there

>So we all agree that his movie shits on the prequels and force awakens right?
yes

only the contrarian memesters are complaining about it

Glad somebody noticed enough to care

it's a good star wars movie

it doesn't need to exist though. they made a 2 and a half hour movie based on a single line from a new hope.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M

>final episode
Disney will be releasing Star Wars until the day you die

Boba Fett will be a baddie or the main baddie in the Solo movie. Bet.

Its implied in the OT that they have a history.

A Kenobi movie is all I ever wanted.

Also you can probably expect to see Java as well.

Christ I can't wait until we move past the OT. Time for some new blood.

>implied
when

The more important question is what will Emilia Clarke do in the movie.

On the sand barge in Jedi.

hmmm
I suppose you could make that assumption because he knows Fett's name, yes

What if we get a non-science fiction spin-off?

Is anikin going to be any if these I love him and I'm not ashamed to say it

Fodesinbeed Annodue movie WHEN?

>foreshadowing
>foreshadowing
>foreshadowing
>omg EPIC VADER I KNOW THAT CHARACTER
the real question this flick begged is "What's the point?"

when?

no movie in the history of cinema had the need to to exist you dense piece of shit, it's not an argument

I'd say Godfather 1 had to exist for Godfather 2

If we dont actually get a Kenobi spin off im gonna be so fucking pissed

Waaaaaaay back when "The Man of Kino" Snyder was attached to it, it was supposed to be a 7 Samurai rip-off about Kenobi and few surviving Jedi masters defending a temple against clones after Order 66.

I bet new Canon history only extends as far back as Darth Bane.

Dude, it was damn good foreshadowing and foreshadowing done right.

It wasn't forced at all

I heard them say on I heart radio that the reviews and fans have mixed reactions.

Do people really prefer that Jedi bullshit

>retards still think Boba Feet was awesome just because he looked cool
Fucking Christ.

why does he look like a stormtrooper anyway?

Feet Solo sounds amazing

Go on a swashbuckling adventures with his quirky female sidekick

A boba fett movie? you cucks are on your own on that one.

Star Wars shit is going to be the new Capeshit, I can't stand it.

Fuck I hate faux chic "nerd" bullshit.

Mary Sue Wars: The Return Of The Jewish Director & Producer That Wants Some Easy Shekels By Producing Copy-Pasted Garbage Episode IIIVXIVVVIIIXXI

We've already seen the forest planet, the ice planet, and the desert planet too.