How did Anakin become a force ghost?

How did Anakin become a force ghost?

I thought this was some sort of esoteric skill from the good side , as hinted by yoda to obi wan at the end of episode 3

Unless Darth Sidious taught him? But then where is Darth Sidious's force ghost at?

What happened to qui gon gin's force ghost also?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AiM5zEEI_Jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he turned to the light side by murdering his mentor behind his back with no honour i guess

might be like how you can be a mass murderer but if you ask for forgiveness from god and shit you're ok

According to Legends: Sith also have ghosts but they only show themselves to those worthy enough to learn from them.

He just wanted to check on Luke before heading off to Hell.

qui gon confirmed for sith

I thought there was Legends canon that said Force Ghost was originally a Sith technique used to scare the shit out of people trying to harness a dead Sith's legacy and haunt old foes that got reverse engineered by the Jedi as a way to pass on lessons from the past.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've only read a few books here and there and played KOTOR, but Legends is a convoluted mess.

He was so compatible with the force that he didn't need the intense training and meditiation used by Yoda/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan. Just won the genetic lottery.

Yoda and Obi-Wan were stronger than Anakin.

>entire plot of 3 was about Palpatine seducing Anakin with promises of the power to prevent death
You realise Qui Gon was a force ghost at least, right?

that would make more sense, going from spooky "I SHALL HAUNT YOU FOREVER" to "Let our ancient spirits guide the future generations"

Anakin had higher midichlorians.
Know it's a stupid copout but it's the canon answer.

Anakin was stronger, obi wan just had the high ground

Better question; why doesn't Anakins force ghost ever show up and tell Kylo Ren to stop idolizing his deeds as Darth Vader?

Anakin was stronger, Obi-Wan was better

How come Vader's force ghost doesn't speak to Kylo Ren and tell him to stop being such a dick? Since he admires him so much and all.

I think you only get to haunt people you knew in person, probably something to do with "soul/force" imprinting.. Hence Qui gon shows up for obi iwan. Obi wan manifests for luke and so does yoda, and anakin does briefly. No clue why Anakin gets to be a ghost though besides that Lucas is a hack. This shit made more sense before the prequels came out.

youtu.be/AiM5zEEI_Jo

in case anyone else had the sudden itch to watch it like I did

Dude, i have tears in my eyes. The score in this scene is the only change that i like from the OT.

I thought the Sith didn't believe in life after death? That's why Sheev was obsessed with immortality.

ITT: Star Wars fags try desperately to rationalize their shit canon

AFAIK, Darth Bane, Revan, and the KOTOR2 hero go looking for Sith ghosts in Korriban. THeir tombs were sacred to the Sith at one point in time.

Darth Bane?

he does in ep8 dumbasses its already confirmed
>hayden christensen ghost with a darth vader dark ghost warpy effect going over his face and body so hes technically both at the same time

then why did obi wan say 'more powerful than you can possibly imagine'
if vader was a sith it's possible he would be able to imagine force ghosts

The fact that Qui Gon didn't show up at the end of Revenge still irks me.
And now I can't remember but did Yoda say that Kenobi had to learn how to see a force ghost? Then when did Luke learn it?

>more powerful than you can possibly imagine
>BOO! HAHA GOTCHA I'M A GHOST
wew

>Vader wears a suit that can be destroyed by a wood fire

Kek

Why is everyone celebrating if the Empire is still around to kick ass and destroy planets? Isn't that the point of TFA?

The guy that wrote KOTOR wrote a book about some dude called Darth Bane. He resurrected the idea that only two Sith should exist. He's pretty powerful in Legends canon.

Darth Bane = Snoke

Tell me about Bane.

He wears a mask

Why doesn't force ghost Anakin tell Kylo Ren to fuck off?

>I thought this was some sort of esoteric skill from the good side
The prequels were a mistake. It was always implied that the force was a great living thing that encompassed all things, and that by ultimately resolving yourself to the light side you become an immortal part of its fabric. Luke could see them because he had personal connections with all of them.
Then the prequels went and fucked it up by making it a level 10 force power unlock.

the strength wasn't to obi wan as much as it was to solidify in luke's mind what he must do

They probably believed that without Vader or the Emperor the empire would collapse as the star systems that were underfoot would rise up

It was just "some ortho-fabric"

Also gj executing those dubs

That's a lot of friends

high kek

source me on this confirmation m8

This one should have had the original guy somewhere.

why the fuck is it that the Force is somehow "balanced" by exterminating the Dark Side? Balance implies equal strength of light and dark

Like every inconsistency in this franchise the answer is that is was poorly planned out

44th post best post

he would permanently have the high ground by dying and becoming a ghost

Why did Anakin wear a Tattooinian farmer's outfit after dying in the original version of RotJ?

because these were always Jedi robes

anakin was a hermit like yoda and obi wan.

Anakin brought balance by slaughtering the Jedi.

Alternate version.
>Bill and Ted 3 will never happen

bill and ted 2 sucked, why would you want a 3rd?

I assumed sheev learnt a dark side equivalent and taught anakin after he turned into dark vader

The second movie in a trilogy usually sucks.

The Chinese market alone would mean 300+ million, they love comedy movies.

Empire Strikes Back was the best in the series

Nah, it was good, just couldn't match expectations after the first one. It wasn't AS good, but there was a lot of fun stuff in there.

is there a version with vader, prequel anakin, old jedi anakin, and qui gon?

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Clone Wars canon?
Qui-gon didn't appear often as a ghost because he couldn't complete his training, and instead can only project his presence through his voice.
Qui-gon told Yoda how to preserve the teachings of the Force by maintaining one's self consciousness while being part of the Force.
It was this convoluted pilgrimage to the center of a space storm.
And then ultimately passing tests from these guardians/priests.

I wouldn't mind an Obi-wan story movie in-between 3 and 4, like Rogue One, including his training to be a Force ghost and other things.
I got giddy when he was implied in Rogue One, by his good friend from Alderaan.

The dark side is an aberration in the force, it fucks up the balance by existing.

>billy batts

fucking kek

After Darth Vader Killed Obi, His ghost hung around Darth Vader, Whispering shit into his ear for ages,
Slowly, Little hints here and there, Bringing out the better part in him.
Guilting him
Telling me not to be a jerk
Also heres a neat trick i learnt, I'll teach you bro.

Its just missing Paulie and The Pest

>After Darth Vader Killed Obi, His ghost hung around Darth Vader, Whispering shit into his ear for ages,
>Slowly, Little hints here and there, Bringing out the better part in him.
>Guilting him
is this canon?

His death would inspire Luke and co. to fight the empire and by extension Vader to the bitter end. The image of Obi Wan and the Jedi would become permanently instilled in Lukes mind be impossible to corrupt (to Luke, and to Vader).

>Oh, I get it. You saw hell yesterday, and now you're scared of going to hell for all the bad things you've done. I'll tell you what: go in the stall, say five Hail Marys, wipe your ass, and you and God can call it even.

weird youd think his not parents dieing near the start of the movie would do that.

The OT basically frames the dark side as corruption.

this is a retarded comparison. the first thing the Church will tell you if you try to confess to murder is that if you don't immediately turn yourself into the police and plead guilty that you haven't shown sufficient contrition for your actions for your confession before the Church to be sincere. if you confess to adultery the first thing they will say is to go own up to it to your spouse, etc. the "dude just say prayers/go to Church and it'll all be fine lmao" was Martin Luthor's gimmick.

Will the church report any serious crimes tho??

to my knowledge, the church isn't obligated to report anything to anyone

there is wilhelm scream as the emperors statue falls at 1:20

What is Miles Teller doing in this picture?

>all three of them are looking in opposite directions

>he turned to the light side by murdering his mentor behind his back with no honour i guess

That's not enough good boy points to swing back the meter to light side. I know because I played KOTOR.

he probably gets the benefit of the doubt since he dies doing it.

>bill and ted 2 sucked
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY MOTHER'S HOUSE

I thought that Sith could make Force Ghosts

MOTHER FUCKER
FOOD EATER

The CATHOLIC church. Protestant's aint lame like that.

No, they weren't. And you faggots forget that

ANAKING WAS BORN OF THE FORCE!!

Everyone knows that you can kill anyone you want and fuck shit up all your life, as long as you accept Jesus in your dying breath.

It's the same trick Hitler used to get in to heaven, the cheeky scamp

Georgie's child-like mind.
It's only in the EU that the force is established to be a yin-yang balance.
GL saw it as the light side being perfect and good whereas the dark side is an evil corruption.
That's why no one learns from the fall of the jedi and luke just remakes them exactly as they were before.
George accidentally created a real conundrum in the prequels of the jedi council having gone too far in it's quest to annihilate darkness, inadvertently banning "good" emotions like love and happiness.
Therefore, many many jedi fall, because very few beings have the gumption to be emotionally bereft robots.
But george didn't realize he had done that, in his mind they werent blind because of their dogmatic adherence to out of date traditions, they were blind because Sheev's unlimited powah was enough to sneaky sneaky hide hide until he could deal a death blow.
I will honestly never forgive him for the prequels. They were so close to a masterpiece that it makes me ache to watch them today.

no church of any kind is under any legal obligation to report anything said during confession. every single denomination ever has the same protection, it's basically down to the individual priest over whether or not to submit an anonymous tip or not.

>mfw I shared this board with plebs like this

ONCE MORE THE SITH SHALL RULE THE PAPACY!

was it rape?

>somebody typed this up and thought it was funny

How come Obi Wan's force ghost never tried visiting Vader?

>hew buddy... how're those lava burns?
>Padme says hi...

>you were a good friend, from a certain point of view...

I don't get why Sheev made such a big deal about "Strike me down with all your hatred, and then your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete!" It's not like you become legally obligated to start slaughtering younglings once you kill space Hitler, there's a middle ground.

He redeamed himself just before his death bringing him closer to the good side

Hes the son of the Force

he can do what ever he wants