>decided to get more serious with making music and getting better gear
>look at fender strat because I love my squier
>$500
>"that's a lot, but definitely worth it"
>search for a decent "affordable" tube amp
>$400
>effect pedals to get the sound I want together is $150
>mfw
No wonder the only rock music we're getting is rich faggot indie soyboy buttrock. equipment is too expensive for an average person

Work and save for it. Also of note is the fact that most bands will not, straight off the bat, have enough money to buy all the equipment they want, and therefore it sets in place an organic system of time to improve at playing before one can get the entire rig one wants.

You don’t have to buy everything at once you know. I’ve been piling up stuff for 15 years

I know that, but still, a price tag of of grand just for a few things is ridiculously. I'm gonna get the fender in couple weeks.

Get. A. Job. Retard

I already have one, you fucking faggot. just because I have a job doesn't mean I can spend money however I like. I got bills and school too worry about.

Your fender and a decent amp will last longer than You’ll live. Let that sink.
Slow and easy bro.

that's very true, I've read post about people still using their gear from the 90's to record. Expensive now yes, but it's worth it.

That's not how life works.

what's your job fooddude?

Gear is extremely overrated.

>rock "music"

Why not buy cheaper gear then?

that's not very expensive

>school
Drop out, that'll help.

because cheap gear sounds... cheap.

All you really need is a guitar, audio interface and modeling software. Cuts your recording costs in half

>tfw you own thousands of dollars worth of pedals, thousands worth of basses, and thousands worth of guitars and you've literally NEVER fully recorded a song

Plz hlp

>tfw you own thousands of dollars worth of pedals, thousands worth of basses, and thousands worth of guitars and you've literally NEVER fully recorded a song

Plz hlp. Also, assuming you fags are over 18, you should get a musicians friend/guitar center credit card and finance your purchases for months if not years. $100 for 12 months is a lot easier to swallow than $1,200 at once.

Plz hlp. Also, assuming you fags are over 18, you should get a musicians friend/guitar center credit card and finance your purchases for months if not years. $100 for 12 months is a lot easier to swallow than $1,200 at once.

if it sounds like shit it won't sound like "rich faggot indie soyboy cuck lib pleb snowflake cuck gay soros buttrock

The difference between the American standard mexican standard and Chinese squire is not enough to justify the price. Fucking ridiculous. Get yourself a cheap set of subzero pedals

>rock music
So you've got one instrument and decide to stop there? No one is going to be blown away by a single instrument.

I've been having the same trouble OP. I've decided that every week the money I would spend on beer or weed or just something I don't need, I throw in a jar. Slowly saving up, I'll get the rig I want eventually.

Have you tried looking on Craigslist? I got a $650 tele for $300, and a $850 Blueridge for $400

Find a good pawn shop that focuses on music equipment and get friendly with the owners. I've been going to a local pawn shop for nearly a decade, walked in in a Touch and Go hoodie and the owners loved the Jesus Lizard, hit it off immediately, there was a period in my life I went there twice a month. Got probably 1/3 of everything I use today there, got my friend a Japanese Fender Jazz Bass and 100 watt fender combo for 500 dollars.

I did, it was the first place I looked, but I never find any good deals around me.

I mean you were gonna play rock, why would you need expensive gearthen?

Fender strats feel bretty good but sound very twangy

God, shut up. And stop forgetting your close quotes, you look stupid.

because I want to nice warm sound that a tube amp produces instead of just a cold digital one that solid amp make.

that can be any guitar if the action is low.

>cheap guitar with proper setup
>used pedals
>sink the rest of your budget into getting as much amp as you can afford

Then just fucking play the shit. No one in the audience of drunk plebs you'll be playing for will care about how cheap your guitar is, and they definitely won't hear the subtle nuances of your sound at stage volume.

And I guarantee you that not one faggot on this board could tell a Squier from a Strandberg by listening to it, especially if the recording was well produced.

Why don't you just make music on a laptop? Or hook your guitar into a computer somehow and experiment with shit you can do on that.

Have you actually got a problem with your Squier? Ed of Radiohead used a Squier on Pablo Honey and the Bends and only got a Fender when his gear was stolen.

this

>squier
chinese parts assembled by chinks in china
>mim fender
chinese parts assembled by mexicans in mexico
>mia fender
chinese parts assembled by mexicans in california

only plebs and underageb& faggots care about brand names