MR BLUE SKY
PLEASE TELL US WHY

mediocre

why aren't there more songs like this desu

MIDNITE

ON THE WATER

I SAW

THE OCEAN'S DAUGHTER

I like elo. But are they really thaaat good ? Especially now becuase of captain fagerica everyone know about them

You can fuck off, Jeff Lynne is god-tier. Name one bad track on this album. Oh, that's right, you can't faggot.

Their best songs are undoubtedly not the hit sings. While I'll agree Mr. Blue Sky is a masterpiece they have some better ones.

>Oh no not Susan
>Steppin' Out
>The Lights go Down
>Summer and Lightning
>Sweet is the Night

Summer and Lightning is so cash

>I turn to stone when you are gone
>I turn to stone

>Being popular automatically magically makes the music worse
Kill yourself
And ELO is top fucking tier, post your favourite songs of them
youtube.com/watch?v=HcNX7TyEVys

Actually it is a sign you musical ear might be maturing if you are starting to like ELO. Yes not a dud shot in that great musical locker there, one of the best LPs of 1979.

Im not trying to bring them down i just hate these faggots that heard mr blue sky on some shitty flick and now think that theyre an elo expert. I had a guy lecture me on elo who knew only mr blue sky and evil woman

That is also my other complaint about them, songs like evil woman and secret messages sound dope while songs like mr radio or blue sky dont have that energy as much imho.

But you are gay fanboys so youll be triggered regardless, in which case

Listen to the voidz new record

So cheesy.

Got a 5xCD box set recently the features On the Third Day, Face the Music, A New World Record, Discovery and Time. Thus far it has been brilliant, still haven't listened to Time given that I am most excited about it though a lot of the singles surprised me in that I had no idea that ELO made them (thought Last Train to London and Turn to Stone were late 60's Beegees for some reason). The tracks outside of the singles we're brilliant in themselves.

BLUE DAYS

BLACK NIIIIGHTS

>I love ELO now
Good.
youtube.com/watch?v=vB1R3peoTkw
Eldorado is a great album. Also, some of their bonus tracks are god tier.
>they cut THIS from the Time album
youtube.com/watch?v=QP1rMsI0Pl4
All of their albums have something to enjoy.
youtube.com/watch?v=f38qG3Aeb-A
Some of their early shit is really good, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=fgMPpHWxXag
youtube.com/watch?v=diFtmEpaKpU
youtube.com/watch?v=_zxM0NKX1AA
youtube.com/watch?v=hUbM4AzAgM8

i've been listening to elo since i was like 11

like you some get the gift early, thanks to Countdown and TOTP I did myself, but for others it might take a while for it to mature or to fully appreciate the group.

My dad says they were huge back in the seventies, so the argument that they are shit because they are popular now doesnt make any sense

This. I've been listening to ELO since I was in high school and no one I knew also liked them.

they were seen as the rightful successors to the beatles

This. Anyone over 50 100% knows who ELO is. They had a lot of hit songs. In fact, they hold the record for most top 40 hits without a number 1.
One of the Beatles (I think Lennon) literally said if the Beatles had stayed together and kept making music, they probably would have sounded like ELO.

Yeah they're great. Jeff Lynn seems like a forgotten talent these days.

I'm kind of glad he's touring and putting out albums again, even if they're pretty meh. It should get people talking about ELO again, if just a little bit.

That's good to hear. Glad his passion for music hasn't waned like it does for many aging musicians.

Gay

Mr Blue Sky isn't even THAT good desu. First time I heard it was in Megamind and it didn't intrigue me enough to check out the band. 10538 Overture and Turn to Stone leagues better.

This. Mr. Blue Sky is one of the most ridiculous cases of a misleading hit I've ever heard. ELO has an extremely flavorful discography and that song is not a good example of what they could do. Like with any popular band, you'll always find deep tracks that are much better than their hits.

>extremely flavorful discography

You really don't realise what a faggot you are do you?

He's right tho

Do they not have an extremely flavorful discography? Every couple of albums their sound changes so much. From the grainy prog of their first album to the polished synth heavy pop of their 1th album you can find a little of everything except rap (thankfully).

I have to agree. I typically roll my eyes at the argument that if it's mainstream it can't be good. But after Mr. Blue Sky was featured in guardians of the galaxy 2, I too have experienced advanced faggotry from some ELO "fans". I would attribute it mostly to being in my early 20s, and when I try to introduce them to some of my friends they claim to be well versed because they recognize a song or 2 that they saw in a movie trailer or shitty VW commercial.

As I mentioned here their hidden gems are beyond compare. Oh no not Susan is currently my favorite track. It is the perfect blend of experimental psychedelic string arrangements, and such a beautiful combination of melancholic classical sounds on violin & cello with a nice pop beat and piano. Sweet is the Night has got to be my other top favorite, such beautiful harmonious and an overall uplifting lyrics/tune.

>that first paragraph
Classic normie behavior, dude. To them, being a big fan means knowing 15 of their songs, tops, mostly their hits. Ask them what their first album is called and they don't have a fucking clue, and have probably never heard a song from it. I've listened to every studio album ELO put out from 72 to 86, front to back. This post was mineI'm quite fond of Poor Boy (The Greenwood).

ELO are soyboycore essential

I HAVE A MESSAGE FROM ANOTHER TIME

I guess they weren't fortunate enough to have it introduced to them earlier on. One of my fondest memories is my dad playing Eldorado on the turntable when I was 10-11. I still distinctly remember hearing Can't get it out of my head for the first time, so hauntingly sad sounding yet beautiful. I then listened to Out of the Blue and some of their other singles but I really got into them around 18. I chuckle at the notion of them not being included in top 10 lists or normie discussions. They'll bring up Queen, The Beatles, Beach Boys, Stones, Zepp, and The Who, which are all great bands that I like as well, but to be honest none quite match the genius of Jeff Lynne. He wrote Out of the Blue in its entirety in a mere few weeks for fucks sake. The man is a demigod, and it upsets me when I bring them up in a discussion only to be dismissed as "hurr mistur blu skyy. Muh Sgt. Pepper's. Muh Pet Sounds"

P.S. How does Time rank among their others in your opinion? There's maybe 2 tracks on there I just downright don't like. But it's probably in my top 3. Another Heart Breaks is the shit

Thank you. Someone understands what I mean

Yeah, people don't think of ELO that much because they haven't been told to yet. All those bands you listed are hailed as rock n roll royalty with epic legacies but ELO gets swept under the rug most of the time so they think they aren't that good. A lot of people don't know music beyond what music streaming platforms will feed them. I don't know where young people go to hear new music but they sure as hell don't actually look for it themselves.

Time is one of my favorites. I'm not the ranking type but I do like that album a lot. Yours Truly, 2095 has some rather cringey technobabble in it but it otherwise a cool song. Other than that there's nothing that I don't like about it. Can't beat a good concept album.

I won't lie, ELO is probably the main reason I gave up writing music, or at least trying to make a career out of it. I could write a shit 4 or 3 chord song and have a gay catchy chorus, but ultimately I wanted to make music like ELO. As much as I love every second of their complete discography I sometimes get depressed knowing that I'll never be capable of composing a piece even remotely comparable to Jeff's.

Hahaha exactly the song I had in mind when I typed that. Too electronic for my overall liking but listening to it right now and it's not terrible by any means.