"The fucking Strokes? A fucking joke, simple as that...

>"The fucking Strokes? A fucking joke, simple as that. Julian Casablancas is nothing more than a paid primadonna pretending to live in 70s New York on daddy's money. I barely consider them a rock band. That would be an insult to rock bands to called them that. There is not a single ounce of thrill or excitement in any of them. Literally any band can do better. Even, a fucking band like The B-52s hits harder than them. A fucking toddler banging on pots and pans can hit harder than them. It's a fucking joke, man."

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYTExYLAGn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well I don't know who Noel Gallagher is so I'm going to assume theres a lot of projection going on here

He was, but their music is still better than his

>Was he right?
Who cares? At least the Strokes were fucking good, him while and his brother were massive fucking faggots larping as the goddamn Beatles

>Was he right?
Who cares? At least the Strokes were fucking good, him while and his brother were massive fucking faggots larping as the goddamn Beatles

Is This It was overrated as fuck, I hate the fact that it is memed on this noard

I loved Is This It but I thought Room On Fire and Angles were way better.

/ourguy/ and checked

why does Oasis trigger Amerifats so much?
not even british btw

Get fucked you fucking idiot. You think you sound fucking funny criticizing Oasis when you couldn't even write one good fucking verse you stupid prick?

I reckon you made this one up, but you're right anyway, and Noel is based anyway

strokes have better songs

but hes right that julian&co were a bunch of cute rich bois. successful bands have always been from rich people w/ connections or lucky lower class people

>A fucking toddler banging on pots and pans can hit harder than them.
pretty accurate description of every new rock band after the 90s

who gives a shit what this talentless hack thinks?

>The Velvet Watered-Down

Does Noel like anything?

Literally only made two good records. The rest of his work it's pure pop rock crap

If we're speaking about the artistic quality of his work he's pretty much on the same level or below the ones he shits on

who gives a shit what this talentless hack thinks?

Noel go to bed

Yup. And he's right about Radiohead too.
>Noel Gallagher.: I hate Thom Yorke physically, I dislike that kind of man.
>Interviewer.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?
>N.G.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Cobain disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.
>Interviewer.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.
>N.G.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get sympathy, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does in his music is therapeutic.
Based.

Oasis fanboy triggered

>Oasis
lmao

Hey loser, play wonderwall!

Behind the big ego masquerade the two of them put on he knows they're way better than Oasis ever was.

>It's a "Brit judges others on socio-economic class" episode

well put

>A fucking toddler banging on pots and pans can hit harder than them.
pretty accurate description of every new rock band after the 90s

I love when Noel pisses off estronauts

who gives a fuck, he hasn't been relevant for 20 years

I don't think you understand how important Is This It was at the time.

It was a welcome fucking respite from a lot of the butt rock and shitty pop-rock that was out at the time.

What's wrong with personally therapeutic music making?

this is a quote from orson welles about woody allen

Doesn't make it any less true though.
Nothing. But the rest of the quote is damning.

Of course he was not. The strokes may have had a good upbringing but that doesnt change the fact that they paved the way for indie rock. Noel gallagher wishes he was as relevant as julian, and seeing how he only has problems with musicians, id say hes a jelaous, sad prick that i can very well imagine browing Sup Forums and just being a fucking aspie shit in general.

whatever Based Noel says is correct.

Lmao fucking noel gallagher soyboys. Go suck his dick while you are at it will you.

The Strokes were great but overall his comments reflect the downfall of Rock music from the late 90s into the 2010s pretty well. Rock lost all of it's edge and it's balls in those years and a band like The Strokes surely didn't help. Not that all Rock bands need to be edgy or intense, and after Grunge, Pop-Punk, Nu-Metal and Post-Grunge it only made sense for more mellow and easy going stuff to resurface. Unfortunately nothing intense or exciting ever came back, at least not to the forefront. Rock music is pretty much dead as a major cultural phenomenon now. It's much more of a niche genre. Partially due to the internet but mostly due to it being old-hat and dried up. Hip-Hop has definitely replaced it and the more raw, intense and exciting youthful energy that Rock once had will now be found there by the masses.

what an absolute madman, he's british and curses alot. absolutely based.

>He was, but their music is still better than his
this is undoubtably correct. Smiths wannabes till they became Beatles wannabes.

also
>you couldn't even write one good fucking verse you stupid prick?
projecting

haha yeah what a lad, never heard a brit say a swear haha bless his soul our noel haha what a cunt fucking die

But essentially everyone on Sup Forums hates ANY hip hop with youthful vitality

He's kinda right but Oasis were the same as the Strokes in their overall patchiness and musical conservatism, both paved the way for 'indeh'. He was also dick-sucking Kasabian at one point (seems to have done a 180 on that)

>this is literally me

B-52s >>>>>>>>>>> Oasis.

back to the pub you manc twat

bet your twitter is full of retweeting liam, rows about football and strongbow dark fruits

Well, a big part of the appeal of The Strokes is that they worked as kind of a negation of the 90's. Like, "doesn't butt rock and grunge and all that shit suck? let's pretend it didn't happen. Let's pick up on 70's and 80's style garage rock and just pretend the shitty boring 90's didn't happen."

And or course, Oasis has to be sitting there like, "hold on there m8 wot's this about the 90's bein fockin bereft of proper music?"

So I get why he's mad.

They can't handle the bants

One hit wonder

The fact that you use noel gallagher and soyboys in the same sentence really shows what fag you are.

quads of truth

Oasis is great but Noel's a cunt

>Even, a fucking band like The B-52s hits harder than them.
the b-52's were no joke back in the day.
youtube.com/watch?v=bYTExYLAGn0

he likes coldplay

t. soiboi

CANT
HANDLE
THE
BANTS

he's absolutely spot on in all fairness.

>projecting

>our guy
Yeah definitely

Pretty much, Casablancas is literally the typical stereotype for an indie rocker: a rich boy with too much time on his hands who just (((happens))) to get big despite being in a band for less time than it takes an established act to ever get signed even when they get to the point of constantly selling out 500 capacity venues

>I have no Idea about how contracts are made and have absolutley no knowledge about music except my daily visits on Sup Forums: the post

Noel is the kind of kid who hangs out with the cool guys and he immediately thinks he's one of them

autism

Definitely