youtube.com/watch?v=RMs1YyBHtSs
youtube.com/watch?v=OoaAMY5EEBI
youtu.be/-lxYkmNnK2c
youtube.com/watch?v=lvnsPuf_CtM
youtube.com/watch?v=cqaMtVwWyh0
youtube.com/watch?v=av9Tl_gxWJM
youtube.com/watch?v=nBmyYfauVwc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this talentless hack got exposed at her show. that performance was so cringy she's done, how can anyone pay money to see her live??

What show are you talking about?

Link of cringe pls

youtube.com/watch?v=RMs1YyBHtSs

Look up her name and live you braindead retard

wow a girl who records bedroom pop songs isn't actually that talented colour me shocked

youtube.com/watch?v=OoaAMY5EEBI
it's pretty bad, she as good as about 90% of her audience would be singing it.
she's nervous as fuck and awkward which doesn't help but i'm surprised she's not had singing lessons, her family's supposed to be loaded

Oh wtf. I didn't thought it could have been that bad

what really rocks my noggin about bedroom pop is people like Clairo basically have all the time in the world to construct lush, layered music using software and digital synths, but instead opt for extremely simple and uninteresting music which sounds like it took the bare minimum effort.

lel, reminds me of kitty pryde
which one is worse?
youtu.be/-lxYkmNnK2c

Trying to attribute levels of "authenticity" to popular (read: anything that isn't art or traditional) music is a spook. Even the greatest composers of all time made music for money and engaged in the patronage system. Clairo is indeed trash, but it's not because she's "inauthentic."

Singing lessons don't fix anything if you don't actually work on your shit.
Singing over your beats with no band being your show is perhaps the most depressing thing on Earth.

>Singing over your beats with no band being your show is perhaps the most depressing thing on Earth.
what about no gf??

It's fucking boring and never sounds good.

iktf

>t.

>Singing over your beats with no band being your show is perhaps the most depressing thing on Earth.

John Maus made it work.

wow this is exactly what i would sound like if i bamboozled my way to a performance in front of hundreds

Beat me to it.
Was at that show and I admit I got pretty emotional
youtube.com/watch?v=lvnsPuf_CtM

shiiit. uh-just say it was ironic

cancer. i'm hoping word of how fake she is spreads and causes people to be more skeptical of industry bullshit

what exactly is "fake" about her, please explain

if she was some industry plant she would be capable of at least performing a half decent live show you dunce

lmao

Most industry plants are untalented and crappy you absolute retard. That is why they need that kind of backing from a millionaire father

her entire career is based around her trying to front this grass roots, independent, completely self-made image. and her persona is trying SO hard to make it look like she's not trying hard. but in reality she has entire teams of industry insiders and marketing executives trying desperately to make her relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=cqaMtVwWyh0

define "industry plant." that term has become so commonly used that it has lost all meaning. she snaked her way into the industry not the other way around

Forced garbage.

See

HAHAHA fuck this feminazi cunt.

I know someone who went to high school with her and apparently she never took part in the local scene and just sort of miraculously rose up by her fathers help but still says she's self made

This post was brought to you by CONVERSE™

Jesus christ

Did you expect good vocals? I didnt. You can hear it in her songs. Her voice is proped up by 100s of plugins. Meanwhile, actual vocalists are getting less recognition. Modern music is all aesthetically fake. This is why Grimes who plays in this same hype and persona sphere who has actual classical training is a breath of fresh air amongst the fakes.

>This is why Grimes
>who has actual classical training
wtf she does not. she has said multiple times that she's self-taught. and that is made very apparent in her music

>muh local scene
kys

i used to go to school with this kid 3 years ago. he was a wigger that always bragged about drugs and graffiti, heard his music the other day...... just listen

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLHEL5fRV7A

>muh
kys

Oh look, the P4K joruno who got to his position by networking defending nepotism.

Boooooo

Go to bed le 56% face

:) we got ourselfs an indie white knight here

tfw i still don't know what this stale, flavor-of-the-month meme means but i don't care enough to look it up

For once, someone on Sup Forums knows what he's talking about

You can teach yourself Music, you know that right? Granted she may not be as technically efficient as someone who went to Juliard, but any fool can pick up a metronome, a tuner, and an instrument and learn to read sheet music.

Your girl has nothing but plugins propping up her vocals. It's Fugayzi, fugazi, it's a whazy, it's a woozy, it's... not real.

What?

back to Sup Forums

>Brag about being 100%
>Being one 100% = inbred
Who's the redneck?

You're missing the point a bit.

See

>You can teach yourself Music, you know that right?
Yes? Hence why I said she is self-taught. Wtf are you even trying to say here? I was refuting your claim that she's classically trained. Now you've completely changed the goal-posts to
>Anybody can learn music!
You seem socially impaired. Maybe grimesfags really are autistic.

also,
>Your girl
Clairo is terrible try-hard shit too

damn only 6ix9ine can cure this cancer

It's not a huge deal, at the end of the day. If anything, this seems to be pissing people off, now that they're noticing that every music magazine is handed the same canned, not only talking points, but specific adjectives and descriptors. I expect the Melon himself to set the record straight, as soon as there's an official release.

>implying there aren't varying degrees of authenticity
it isn't so black and white. sure classical composers made music that they thought other people would like. most artists do that. but compare that to just how two-faced clairo is being. it's not even in the same ballpark.

>Wtf are you even trying to say here?

You can be self-taught and classically trained. I guess you mean traditionally trained, like you know, with actual teachers and judges and performances to advance. Classically trained does not mean you have to go to Juliard.

>Clairo is terrible try-hard shit too

I don't know her enough to make that call but you can tell she has no discernible talent. I can name at least 10 plugins in use to prop her vocals up.

>every music magazine is handed the same canned, not only talking points, but specific adjectives and descriptors
source?

something about Americans not being 100% pure white and instead bred with different races to only be 56% white usually has a image with it of some ugly cartoon guy associated with it
from what I can tell

Evidenced by them all using the same words and things to say (e.g. "honest", "authentic", "self-made")
I'm sorry dude, people are picking up on this. Take it up with your supervisor if I'm hitting a nerve.

>You can be self-taught and classically trained
no you can't. the word "trained" literally means that you had a teacher instructing you what to do

I know thats your music.

Gr8est baet

no, he's absolutely right. exotic and/or outright false origin stories is the oldest trick in show-biz. nobody fucking cares, dude. why be an uptight dweeb about pop music

if you think that hanging out in damp basements and complimenting each other's shitty band over stale beer is some kind of badge of honor, if you blame artists for doing all that they can to rise above and cut through the relentless noise of the internet, if you honestly believe that "authenticity" matters in the year of our lord 2018...well that's on you fella

also stop posting that 56% nigger

>I'm sorry dude, people are picking up on this. Take it up with your supervisor if I'm hitting a nerve.
i'm not trying to defend her asshat. i hate everything that she stands for. i was just wondering if you had any sources that prove all the media coverage of her is just regurgitating the same press release

>Sup Forums seriously needs to upgrade its waifus
youtube.com/watch?v=av9Tl_gxWJM

went in just laughing, and now love it/.
youtube.com/watch?v=nBmyYfauVwc
this is good

why do women love ukuleles so much?

blub blub

because they're tiny and cute

In that case, I got 200,000 fake dollars for you that you can spend on whatever you want.

r u a girl? do you like how they sound or is it just how they look?

>"trained" literally means that you had a teacher instructing you what to do

And that teacher can be you. No one said it has to be an external teacher. Any person who is interested in music can be classically trained even to an advanced level, all on their own. You can train without a master, you just need to be adamant and a bit of a self-starter.

>nobody fucking cares, dude
obviously a lot of people care, dude.
>why be an uptight dweeb about pop music
>why can't you just accept the shit that the industry is trying to cram down your throat?
fuck you poptimist scum. all you're saying is
>so what it they're pulling shady bullshit? just learn to accept it like all the cool kids
the music industry is garbage and you're a vapid consumerist pleb if you think this kind of behavior should be considered acceptable

ya girl is a fake
deal with it

if you like fake things, that makes you authentically fake.

>twisting logic THIS far to defend your bullshit point
okay well i guess according to that logic, since she taught herself music she's classically trained. i guess if that's how we're defining it then i'm classically trained too. just don't try to say that to anyone who ACTUALLY got a formal classical education.

I think the real problem is that the people pushing it rationalize any questions away with weird shit like "culture" and "pop is basically our folk music". Artists, management and press all do this.

Is he next?

I think you're giving "classically trained" too much weight.

Classicaly trained, to me, just means you understand the basics of music and composition. Like being able to read and play different time signatures, notes, basic understanding of chords, scales and harmony. Yes, even you can become classically trained by watching Youtube videos and putting in effort. You don't need to go to Juliard.

So what's the deal? She can't sing? I don't know who this girl is.

I think you don't really understand what level of proficiency is expected from a concert soloist, even coming out of a state school with an active music program.

He clearly puts effort into his singing or at least puts on a show. Clairo does fuck all.

>Classicaly trained, to me, just means
okay, but you're the only one who thinks that. anyone else will say it means someone who studied classical music in a formal academic setting

Synth bass and drums always end up fighting each other in this situation.

see

But I do. I already mentioned that someone self-taught would be not as technically proficient as someone who's recieved formal classical training.

Classical training is not black and white as you make it seem. One can have "classical" knowledge without going to Juliard (which is my main point) and I've already stated that they are usually technically not as proficient as someone who's reciieved formal training. But anway, formal training speaks nothing about actual talent. But having even a basic understanding of music knowledge is enough to elevate one's work from low-effort dog shit to something palatable.

It’s also easier to play since they have smaller hands

>One can have "classical" knowledge without going to Juliard
okay sure. but that wouldn't make them "classically trained"

the keyword is formal my man.

Being Classically trained means understands the basic components of music as I've mentioned. Self taught guitarists who self study chords and scales, signatures, and notes, are classically trained but not in any formal setting.

and I thought my singing was bad

>Being Classically trained means understands the basic components of music
i disagree. and i maintain that if you said that to anyone who actually got an education in music they would be very offended

Yeah and people like Eric Clapton or Mariah Carey are infinitely more talented that most Juliard Trust fund babies.

No one is saying she should just be content singing to a hole in the wall. But come on. She doesn't have ANY talent. She can't sing, her songwriting is pleb-tier, can't play her instrument, can't dance, she's not even that pretty or interesting without webcam angles, her fanbase are pedophiles, nothing that is suitable for popular music is her forte. Daddy pushing her while she has a total inability to do anything makes the industry that inch shittier

some people have inherent natural talent. most don't. also, just because someone is a talented musician does NOT mean that they are a talented composer

This. I feel I'm great at playing/singing covers of songs, but I can't write worth shit.

you have NO fucking clue what you're talking about.

Lol thats a good point sorry for lying

And you do?

i thought the same thing.i miss kitty

i was just so keen to get someone to listen cos all my friends buzz out and my Music Lol but I didnt wanna seem like an annoying cunt self promoing so I lied and dissed my social habbits to seem like I wasnt lying Lol

We from kpop general support Clairo

how do you propose we bring authenticity and fairness to the music industry then (operative word: industry)? or are you some kind of cultural revolution fag who thinks we can just tear it all down and start anew?

also your misogyny is showing

she had a decent amount of soundcloud followers before she blew up with pretty girl. so i guess some folks like her. who are you to belittle those people?

lucky for you, in this day and age you can listen to literally whatever you want and not have to acknowledge artists like clairo at all!