Is Burial the only worthwhile artist to listen to in 2018?

literally all other artists are obsessed with image to the point that it overshadows their art (and often hides the fact that it's shit). they endlessly flex for the next photo OP, flashy piece of clothing, music video, or twitter post, successfully forcing their flavour-of-the-month music down our throats until we die.

Burial is literally the only relevant artist in 2018 who puts the music first, never even so much as tweeting about his music because it's so powerful that it speaks for itself.

you can't disprove me.

why do you have a photo of him then?

Too bad he fell off after Kindred

>tfw he got nominated for an oscar

I've been loving his EP's. Even the most recent skeletal tracks.

I hope he drops an LP in 2018. It's been since untrue that he's put out music in that style/format.

why is your taste so poor?

>He doesn't listen to the deep summer remix

I don't know what it is with Sufjan, but I love his music so much. He's like the folk Kanye. To explain, when I listened to Kanye I loved his music, so I listened to others like Common and Mos Def, and even though their beats were great, it bored me. I came to the conclusion that it was because they took themselves too seriously, while Kanye was tongue-in-cheek.
The same with Sufjan. I listened to others like Eliott Smith and Bon Iver, but there's something more about Sufjan. Just look how he's dressed on that photo, or the outfit he wore on Fallon. Also his lyrics are sometimes fun, cheeky, and sometimes even childish, while at other times being heart breaking and poetic. He's got the talent to be the best (playing 20 instruments for Illinoise), yet he's got that amateur charm to him.

This, but unironically

Death grips.

>relevant artist in 2018
what is, the artist Lingua Ignota

>It's been since untrue that he's put out music in that style/format.
It's almost as if most dance music comes out in EP/single format

>inb4 burial no dance music

Bitch his biggest reference points are uk garage, early dubstep, jungle, hardcore, etc.

LIL UGLY MANE YOU FUCKING IDIOT

this but unironically

Met burial once at a macdonalds in croydon high street

Did he sign your cheeseburger?

For real? Drop the story if theres anything interesting about it, Id love to hear.

Yeah I was like to him metal gear solid is shit and he just started crying and walked off

>Le ESL post

I doubt he'll ever release another LP. There's practically no reason to. In this day and age, it's easier to maintain an engaged fanbase by releasing music consistently in smaller chunks, and that means singles and EPs.

People will disagree, but Death Grips have pretty much dismantled their image and public presence since the drop of NLDW, their last interview was 2012, they have not spoken a word about their music since then. Their "visual art" is so DIY that it looks like actual shit, there's no attempt at any kind of aesthetic at this point.

They really should have disbanded after JD. BP was meh and Steroids makes me think their next album is going to be aimless experimental garbage that their new fanbase will eat right up.