How do we fix the MLS?

How do we fix the MLS?

>whaaat!!! How come (washed up past his prime player) didn't make that shot???? What the hell? Get him off the """pitch!!"""
>he cares about a graveyard league
You don't. You fuck off you retarded retirement league fan

Double the flamethrowers for goal celebrations.

good options

>implying I would support the MLS in its current state

Dissolve the New York clubs

>leaf thread

MLS is pretty cool 2bh
Let it grow by itself, the amount of young US players can now see that pro "soccer" player is possible

>retirement league
Old news, my man. It's not a retirement league any more.

They instituted the salary cap way too early. A growing league should not care so much about parity because it's the big market teams that will grow the brand. If there wasn't a salary cap, maybe LA and Chicago would go out and get good European players in their prime. Maybe teams would be encouraged to increase revenue so they can sign better players.

>the mls
>the major league soccer
just stop this

It's always been a retirement league no matter how much you say otherwise and it has nothing to do with age, Doyle.

But then no-one in the small markets will bother to watch it and the league will die. MLS is in a hard place, it has to compete with the big American leagues in its own market, and the European/Mexican football leagues on TV.

Ehh, I wouldn't call talented young players who can't make the XI for top teams in the top Europe leagues coming to MLS "retirement." I'm sorry you don't have the "retirement league" cliche to fall back on anymore, but you should try to find a new way to shill against MLS.

Change the fucking name. "Major League Soccer" is like a Judd Apatow joke.

Let Chicago Fire win the league.

All the rest will figure itself out.

>Ehh, I wouldn't call talented young players who can't make the XI for top teams in the top Europe leagues coming to MLS "retirement."
>talented young players
You mean small league rejects who barely had any caps going to My Little Sawker and tearing it apart like almost every european signing so far?
>I'm sorry you don't have the "retirement league" cliche to fall back on anymore
No top player comes to My Little Sawker to play their best football, they come for the easy money and the lifestyle which has nothing to do with the product on the field (which is garbage). If you're a good player leaving a top european league for another league, you're essentially retiring.
>you should try to find a new way to shill against MLS.
Dont have to do that when you embarrassing obvious newfags over at your reddittor general /mls/ do that on your own and anyone can turn on an MLS game and see how fucking terrible and garbage it is.

>Let Chicago Fire win the league
hell no

>You mean small league rejects who barely had any caps going to My Little Sawker and tearing it apart like almost every european signing so far?
You're still living in the past, man. Try watching some MLS this year.
>No top player comes to My Little Sawker to play their best football, they come for the easy money and the lifestyle
No, but good, sub-top-tier players do come to play. And there really aren't that many big money/low effort players this year. Lampard, Gerrard, Pirlo, etc. were a meme last year, but players like that are not a big part of the league right now. Like I said, try watching some before you talk shit.

you will be eating humble KRAKUS HAM A REAL POLISH DELI HAM pie

>22 teams, 2 divisions, 33 regular season games
>winner of division A plays winner of division B in two-legged final
>final champion plays supporters shield winner in community shield-style match at beginning of following season
>raise salary cap such that you can do away with designated player distinction
>register 30-man roster with 11 foreign slots
>dump all-star game
>give teams more latitude to determine their own kit manufacturers
>outlaw Bimbo and multi level marketing shirt sponsors

Use more referee cameras

This. People who complain about the salary cap are the same people who complain about the lack of pro/rel, they don't understand how precarious MLS's position is. The Premier League, La Liga, and Liga MX are all more popular in the US.

who?

>You're still living in the past, man. Try watching some MLS this year.
Ive seen enough MLS games to deduce that it's garbage and way behind the curve.
>No, but good, sub-top-tier players do come to play.
>good, sub-top-tier players
Kek what the fuck is this supposed to mean? The best player in the league was rejected by Italy for playing in a joke league. David Villa is too old and looks half the player he was at Barcelona and Atletico but still good enough to tear apart the MLS. MLS has no good players, only retiring players getting a last paycheck and mediocre nobodies who never amounted to anything.

It's not broken

MLS is actually one of the better leagues outside of European ones.

I wouldnt even rank it near the top 15 Uefa leagues.

start properly calling the sport as "football"

You broadcast more games on OTA. once people start caring more then we can move some games to premium channels

Maybe get better coaches and players that dont get raped by our clubs so easily in the conCACAf champions league as a start.

Krakus is delicious
pls eat our ham
and wotch our league

krakus is not good

try
slaska kielbasa
its tasty and delicious
from heart of europe

Relegation