Alright anons, what did you think of Gareth Edwards job on Rogue One? No memes, just honesty

Alright anons, what did you think of Gareth Edwards job on Rogue One? No memes, just honesty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QgySxhuFEfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BANE?

he apparently shot too much and tony gilroy had to come in to help piece together the puzzle

but the puzzle felt right

8/10

much better cinematography than JJ

Better than that shit he made that they called Godzilla.

Who was the guy who directed all the reshoots?

I think he did a great job. there were quite a few bits that seemed to whisper "corporate meddling" to me (R2-D2 and 3PO, Leia at the end) but he made a damn enjoyable war movie set in the Star Wars universe.

100% this. can't wait to get my hands on a Blu-ray so I can make a cinegraph.

Was really good.

really liked it

star wars elements, but with a new theme and new feel

third favourite wars film

I didn't like it
But I feel like they were half way to a fantastic movie and if they focus on what they did right and cut out some of the pottery we'll be onto something really great
Also what was up with Vader's neck?

Basically this.

Assuming Gareth Edwards was only involved in actor directing and basic shot composition, I was underwhelmed.

I would have had a movie that consistently tried to look like the OT than one that had no attempt at consistency.

it's clear now that the major problem with his Godzilla movie wasn't the shitty script.

some hot quads
yeah they tried to copy the OT whilst also throwing in their own influences and it did not come out nicely. I feel like this is most apparent in the musical score. A lot of superfluous characters as well. The asians added nothing to the film and the gunners "last stand" was pathetic

Bland, predictable, and visually dark until the Scarif scenes. There's no reason for so much poor lighting

>the gunners "last stand" was pathetic
I felt that way until I legitimately felt like he was gay because of that last look. Then it became the only """emotional""" death for me

I don't care if him and Master Fu had a fucking condo in the Hamptons its still a bitch death and we had no reason to care about the Asian duo

I'm one with the Asian box office.
The Asian box office is one with me.

It was OK. The action scenes were very good, but the characters were meh. I found myself cheering more for that little alien with the gun than the actual main characters. Also CGI tarkin was kind of weird.

There were some beautiful wide shots but there were also too many close ups without anything to establish a sense of place.

With the jumping around from planet to planet at the beginning there should have been more medium type shots with dialogue to at least let you feel the scenery.

The names of the planets came off like using a voice over to explain a characters feelings. Show me where we are instead of telling me.

>The Force Awakens has a desert planet called Jakku
>Rogue One has a desert planet called Jetta

IT'S LIKE POTTERY, THEY SORT OR RHYME

probably assures at least 70mill added to the bottom line

>The names of the planets came off like using a voice over to explain a characters feelings. Show me where we are instead of telling me.
>five days after watching rogue One remember the cool asteroid base that I've been waiting for so long to see in star wars (even if the design was just LOL MASS EFFECT)
>Still can't remember what even happened at that location.

cassian killed the guy after getting the intel
I don't get how people found the movie hard to follow - it was all very straight forward

This

unironically

Just started watching this. About half way through and I'm bored to tears:

>don't give a shit about the female lead because virtually no character development other than dad builds death star
>all other characters are worthless and completely forget able
>blind magical Kung fu gook for literally no reason other than to pander to chinks for shekels
>female lead is total bad ass fighter for virtually no reason at all
>....other than a 16 year old girl being the "best soldier" in a mercenary army I guess
>everyone looks bored and depressed; completely joyless atmosphere unlike original trilogy
>death star blowing up a city and the heroes escaping manages to be exceedingly yawn inducing

Perhaps the only positive so far is that it is objectively better than TFA, but in the way that it is a slightly less smelly turd.

>cassian killed the guy after getting the intel
Lol really? Shit set design.

He's a good lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=QgySxhuFEfY

exposed abrams as the hack he is

I like having R2 and 3-PO in it to keep up the "only characters in every movie" meme, but I know they can't be in every single one if they start branching out the settings more

>T. virgin

Not an argument.

It had extremely good effects and was pretty well shot. It cut down on the Dutch angle problem that TFA suffered from.

Rote, movie by numbers. I liked the fanservice which makes me a whore, but everything else was so dull. You quickly flip through these planets but they spend no time letting the settings feel like anything unique.

>Dutch angle problem that TFA suffered from.
Wasn't there only one use of Dutch angle?

>those Y-Wing bombing runs

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

that's about it