What genre deserves a bigger revival movement?

What genre deserves a bigger revival movement?
>pic related

Italo is fantastic. It should be the definitive chill atmosphere club music. It's far better in a club setting than chill-house or any slower electro related genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=fjut4U0F3Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=ClLYw2XZodk
youtube.com/watch?v=QoT1FBynEOU
youtube.com/watch?v=zDV_dBYp4h0
youtube.com/watch?v=QhSPsjnS7xc

What other genres?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/77612653/
rbt.asia/mu/thread/76122534/
rbt.asia/mu/thread/75868015/
youtu.be/daxQ2TCrnTM
youtube.com/watch?v=eFAHc1Z-YoE
youtube.com/watch?v=uMr6hR1y-Dc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>chill-house
>using electro incorrectly
You have to go back.

shut the fuck up

K. Italo disco is fine but literally disco for hipsters too ignorant to realize there was a underground scene in the states.

Most of them were clueless until Daft Punk featured Giorgio Moroder on a track.

>tfw youre a eurofag and don't give a shit what happened in the states

u fockin dolt chillwave/vaporwave/futurefunk whatever the fuck you want to call it used many ideas from italodisco hell even fucking daft punk did.

Huh. I always thought you all were a bit more knowledgable about dance music.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/77612653/

rbt.asia/mu/thread/76122534/

rbt.asia/mu/thread/75868015/

This spammer is going to have to give up eventually.

>disco for hipsters too ignorant to realize there was a underground scene in the states.
this might make a little bit of sense if the two movements sounding anything alike but as it is you're just a posturing fag who felt the need to tell everyone about his ~elite~ music taste

Glam metal

i like italo disco, been listening to it from time to time since i first heard of it in the early 00s except maybe a handful of rogue tracks that managed to make somewhat of an impression in north america back in the days on mtv. so... hm, i don't really think it should be bigger than it is: it's annoying to deal with brutish boring people who get in your face all "look at me being ironic, its shit and i act like its great! second degree i get it! so smart". or the illiterate mouthbreathers who smugly say "nice music" as if they made a devastatingly sarcastic kick ass point... don't have the energy for any of that.

>other genres?

Serious adult pop music. I don't know what else to call it. Not quite adult contempo, but yeah. Shit like Sting, Donna Summer, Alanis Morissette.

Hell anyone singing serious songs who isn't 20.

Adult Alternative?
Adult Top 40/Hot AC?

Didn't it already have a revival with the Italians Do It Better label in the 2000s? Haven't people already taken enough from italo disco? Can we just leave it be? If anything, we need an electroclash revival using preset midi sounds

>Adult Top 40/Hot AC

Maybe. I guess I just want a return to more of the 80s or 90s sound without the electrohouse/edm (whatever the fuck) influence a lot of newer pop songs have.

is it me or a lot of electroclash ppl had a shit attitude? kind of "i am edgy, me. used to be in a hardcore band. i might be making electronic music but i got an air of danger i can be a nasty little bug so stay on your toes". i remember i had a hard time to find tracks that were not abject... don't need no feelsbad no hope nihilism because uninspired.

Yeah that stuff is more the lighter side of pop (ie. Not heavy or edgy), singer songwriters, plus new songs by older pop artists

And as a radio format plays a lot of older hits, steely dan, madonna, and such

Crunkcore deserves a bigger revival movement. Most of the old crunkcore artists either quit or started to make regular rap music.
ZillaKami seems to be the best post-crunkcore artist so far, imo.
youtu.be/daxQ2TCrnTM

Ambient house, desu senpai

We rave about IDM (which came from Ambient Tehcno) but no one talks about Ambient house. Shame, probably because there was so little of it in comparison.

thats kind of like a burgeoning racist hate dream. would not kick it with, hate the status symbol spooked, bad boi attitude , every thing about it.

>making a few threads about music they're interested in is "spamming"
kill yourself wannabe janny faggot

Pacific State is the greatest song of all time

Japan had pic related(coincidentally some of her favorite artists were Sting and Alanis). Funny thing is she actually started her career at 17 but yet a lot of her songs really were powerful with moving lyrics which is very unusual for somebody of her age

Too bad Sony fucked her so hard by trying to control her music that she turned into a shoegazing hipster

Cobra Bora >>>>>>> Pacific State
youtube.com/watch?v=eFAHc1Z-YoE

Absolutely love it (202 is my favourite version, in top 5 songs) but it's a bit more of an Acid house one, with ambient flavours though, I admit.

there were like 3 revivals already, what more do you want

Yeah there's a million different versions of that song that came out back in the day.

I've heard some recordings from the Hacienda in Manchester in '88 back when the song was only on test pressings (the earliest version from Quadrastate hadn't even been released to the public yet) and the crowds would just go mental for it.

Adele and Sam Smith come to mind

Adele is a fat cow

uk garage
but for real this time

Nothing needs revival. Revival genres are always fucking cancer, look at what happened with "synth wave" dungeon synth, and so on. It just become empty meme shit that places style over substance.

this is cool good rec

>disco for hipsters
you are such a tool dude

italo disco is gay club music

>"Hey, user, what is this song playing? I think I heard it in gay club last weekend"
Said no one ever.

Pop music: Should revive italo disco, Hi-NRG, and synth pop

Rock: Should revive dance rock, madchester, The Minneapolis sound

Electronic: Should revive IDM, industrial, hardcore, Acid house

Metal: should revive goth metal,

punk

youtube.com/watch?v=uMr6hR1y-Dc

WTF is IDM even? It is as much of a "genre" as post rock.

Intelligent dance music (commonly IDM) is a form of electronic music that emerged in the early 1990s, characterized by an abstract or "cerebral" sound better suited for home listening than dancing.[1][2][3] It originally grew out of a variety of sources, including Detroit techno, acid house, and UK breakbeat as well as ambient music and other forms of electronic music.[4][5] Stylistically, IDM tended to rely upon individualistic experimentation rather than adhering to characteristics associated with specific genres.[6] Prominent artists associated with the genre include Aphex Twin, the Black Dog, the Orb, Autechre, Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, and Boards of Canada.[1][2]

>In the late 1980s, riding the wave of the acid house and early rave party scenes, UK-based groups such as The Orb and The KLF produced ambient house, a genre that fused house music (particularly acid house) with ambient music.[11] The term ambient house was often indiscriminately applied to any of that era's electronic dance music regarded as suitable for listening, not just dancing, and the term soon fell out of favor as a plethora of new genre names arose.[11]

>In the same period (1992–93), other names were also used, such as "art techno,"[15] "armchair techno," and "electronica",[16] but all were attempts to describe an emerging offshoot of electronic dance music that was being enjoyed by the "sedentary and stay at home".[17] At the same time, the UK market was saturated with increasingly frenetic breakbeat and sample-laden hardcore techno records that quickly became formulaic. Rave had become a "dirty word," so as an alternative, it was common for London nightclubs to advertise that they were playing "intelligent" or "pure" techno, appealing to a "discerning" crowd that considered the hardcore sound to be too commercial

Yeah, I can use google too. My point is, the term is too broad, basically any non-dancy variation of electronic music can be considered IDM, and I don't know why and how would you revive something that's already alive.

It was kept alive throughout the 00's, there were some bangers but it's been mostly normie trash. Tbf I hoped the Deja Vu memes sparked a revival for eurobeat/eurodance/eurotrash whatever you wanna call it but no apparently we can't have nice things unless they're officially approved by some underground german hipster clubbers

soul/funk/motown

Hardcore Punk

Fuck you idiot. Regular disco is awful. Italo disco is amazing.