ITT: Times you met a famous athlete

ITT: Times you met a famous athlete

I shook Apollo Creed's hand after his fight with Rocky Balboa. I camped out at the exit tunnel just to see him and get him to sign my signature book. All the kids in school didn't believe me because they liked Rocky better.

When I was 5 years old, growing up in Miami, I drank beer by accident and spit it onto Dan Marino's shoes. Marino was really cool about it.

Also I was friends with Manny Ramirez's son, so I played pickup basketball with them sometimes on weekends. I also met El Duque a few times, although my grandfather did the translating. And my cousin played for the Angels and coached for the Red Sox, so I met all kinds of pro players that way.

I shook David Ortiz's hand after telling him I was a Yankees fan, he laughed at me and asked if I liked 2004....based Big Papi

I went to an upclass, boring cocktail party once and saw Wellington Paulista (former Cruzeiro and Internacional player, currently on Chapecoense) there. At some point he was drinking water alone on the bar stand, after taking pics with girls, so I approached him and started some small talk, completely unrelated to football, about travel and the city. On the first awkward silence, I asked for an autograph and said something like
>I bet half the people who come to talk to you is about football
>Half? I wish. It's almost everyone who always comes to ask about a goal or the Libertadores finals (2009, when his team lost to Estudiantes).
>And do you find it boring? I mean, does it bother you?
>Like, football is my life and gave me a lot of money but, you know, when I'm not on my uniform, I'm a normal person. Most people don't realise that, and that's kinda bad.

My nan used to watch after George Best and his skin and blisters when they where wee

I live in Cincinnati and met Billy Hamilton at Pavilion bar. He was just sippin on a drink in this pretty busy bar surrounded by his entourage. Said hi while I stood next to him and ordered a drink. Then his entourage squeezed me out lol.

believe it or not he is uglier irl

not my story but I just met a girl at an orientation that said she watched Joe Namath bite her mom
hopefully i can get context at some point throughout the semester

Picking up and selling couches on Craigslist, my brother and I have to go to the burbs of Illinois to pick one up. Lo and behold this particular person was a player for the Detroit tigers before he retired. Couldn't really talk to him because I was working but he seemed like a cool guy. His kids were lanklet twinks if I remember correctly.

Got a photo with a drunken Tom Seaver after he walked out of a women's bathroom at Citi Field once.

I raced Hassan Mead (3rd fastest American in the 10k). He blew me and my whole team out. Super nice guy and now American as they come. Super nice to see refugees to Minnesota make it like that.

sad

I saw Floyd Mayweather at a grocery store in Los Angeles when I was on holiday there. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I met Johnny Footbaw (Manziel) on campus, once. I had the shits and the men's room was closed so I rushed into the women's to drop a massive diarrhea bomb. I was shitting quite loudly and sobbing gently because my ass was splitting open to unload the torrent of crap.

I hear someone laughing outside because I left the door open, sadly. I finally finish up and walk out and there's Mr Heisman Winner.

He just shook his head.

Met Luis Figo,FC Porto president(pinto da costa),hulk,falcão,moutinho,varela,helton,some football players from my town team(which plays in the 2nd portuguese league).

When I say meet I actually mean exchanging a few words inbetween.

I saw Ronaldo which is almost better than all of this

How did he's semen taste faggot?

Ok Sup Forums copypasta

i screamed faggot at esteban paredes in the stadium and i think he heard me but i don't think that counts

I was really young so I don't remember who this was, but I went to San Antonio to watch dallas cowboys in training camp. Got a chance to see it at field level. Me and my dad went down to the field level and as soon as the elevator opened, I saw 4 or 5 linemen and one was lagging behind. I ran up and asked if he could sign a foot ball. Looked back and said "well I'm late anyway" and signed it. Cool moment.

What is even the point of talking to a famous person? You don't really have nothing to say other than stupid questions that they don't want to answer and asking for photos.

Don't you talk to people at random?

why would you do that

To meet new people you NEET

Having sex, becoming friends.

>meet new people
????
>Having sex
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

What do you people do in that long and skinny country of yours?

Holy shit you're new as fuck

Bump

I was once in the same Milk Bar as Terry Daniher in Pascoe Vale South back in the 70s.

I met a few now F1 drivers when they was in British Formula 3
Plus I saw Damian Delaney in sainsburys once