Paula Reid may have broken the law when trying to prove a point about buying an AR-15

theweek.com/speedreads/630866/cbs-news-producer-bought-ar15-make-point-about-gun-control-may-have-broken-law-process

>CBS News' Paula Reid purchased an AR-15 for a news segment that aired Thursday on CBS This Morning — and is now being accused of breaking federal law.

>According to the gun store's general manager, Reid said the rifle was for her own use, but when CBS reported on the story, it revealed she had later given the gun to a third party (a "federally licensed firearms dealer and weapons instructor")

>In other words, Reid allegedly committed a "straw purchase," which is illegal according to federal law.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_purchase
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee
atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/federal-firearms-regulations-reference-guide-2014-edition-atf-p-53004/download
nssf.org/factsheets/PDF/strawPurchase.pdf
law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/12-1493
youtube.com/watch?v=m3Hb6c2tWl0
smartgunlaws.org/straw-purchases-policy-summary/
npr.org/2014/06/16/322650543/supreme-court-rules-against-straw-gun-purchases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Come on Sup Forums, this is good shit

Sweet justice.

great post OP!
peacenik liberals stepping on their mud flaps

>liberal thinks it's super easy to get a gun without breaking any laws
>liberal breaks one of the most basic gun buying laws
>liberals think adding more laws will fix everything when they themselves aren't obeying the laws
It's a fucking joke dude. One of the best I've ever seen.

>Be 19
>Too young to purchase pistol, yet old enough to own one
>Give mom money for glock
>She buys glock
>Sells it to me in a private purchase for an amount I don't have to even record (free)
>I am now in legal possession of the firearm

Top lel.

top kek.
liberals are walking jokes

She was making a point for the Lefties. The Government is left, so they wont charge her with anything.

Why do we allow people who don't even use guns to decide shit?

Let me get this straight
This is a law for ar15s?

And what she did was buy a gun , tell the owners it was for her own use then sell the gun away?
I'm a bit confused

Nothing will happen

Remember that Congressman that brought a 30 bullet clip to Congress? Nothing

>it revealed she had later given the gun to a third party

That is not illegal.

>Reid allegedly committed a "straw purchase,"

No, she didn't.

Would love it if they end up in jail.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_purchase

>In the United States, a straw purchaser of a firearm at a federally licensed firearm dealership who lies about the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun can be charged with making false statements on a federal Firearms Transaction Record.

She lied about the ultimate owner of the gun. The person receiving the gun doesn't need to be a criminal for it to be illegal.

A gift is legal. Lying about who will own the gun isn't.

magazines aren't under strawpurchase laws

>clip

Triggered

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee

Taking away your guns while arming Islamic militants. You can't make this up

That's fucking insane. Give that man the death penalty or something. Jesus christ.

>Yee
jesus fuck, 5 years for weapons smugglign with islamic terrorists?

what the FUCK

this man was a congressman AND PHD, but somehow I'm an evil white man who doesn't deserve a job for being dumb?

fuck this country

She's a mainstream media whore pushing gun control, at worst she will get a slap on the wrist.

Why are anti-gunners literally always the very people they claim shouldn't have guns? I've never read a story of one of them buying a gun and not being grossly irresponsible with it.

A straw purchase is when someone buys a gun on behalf of someone else. This is not what occurred here.

It was one of those local New York City laws that said you couldn't have a gun with X-number of bullet capacity. He was on either CNN or Fox News or whichever, even MSNBC, in New York City, with the gun in hand, on camera, going "LOOK HOW EASY IT IS" and in doing so was breaking the very law he was saying was very easy to break. Live on TV. Taped.

I don't think anything happened to him, after a little hullabaloo.

You know they are just going turn it into a story on how easily straw purchases can happen and point out that they couldn't have known that it was a straw purchase until a shooting happened so they'll still say guns should be banned

>a ban doesn't work
>guns should be banned

>brits in charge of american gun laws

Correct. However, she was not the ultimate owner of the gun, nor was it a gift. Someone else was. THAT is a straw purchase.

They're the masters of double think

That is exactly what happened. She lied that she would be the owner of the weapon. She never intended to hold that weapon longer than was necessary to transport it to the true intended owner.

fuck it. I'm done. kill the democrats.

they throw a democrat senator gun smuggler in jail for FIVE fucking years?

kill them all

Oh, and I forgot to mention that she lied about who would be the ultimate gun owner.
The lying part makes it a straw purchase.

clearly it was because of white priviledge

Liberals have almost zero knowledge when it comes to guns. Not at all surprising.

Did she put who she gave it too on the form when she in fact was buying it?

She didn't commit a straw purchase, she filled out the form,she payed for it, she can do whatever with it now.

Of course they will. Liberals never admit when they might be slightly wrong.

Not white, asian
>tfw his name was literally "lel and yee"
/s4s/: the name

Lmao straw purches in the US are like when your walking down the street and a kid asks you to buy them a pack of fags

>Did she put who she gave it too on the form when she in fact was buying it?
No. Read the article.

>She didn't commit a straw purchase, she filled out the form,she payed for it, she can do whatever with it now.
Except you can't lie about who is the ultimate owner of the gun. That's a straw purchase. Again, read the article and see

This is actually illegal as well.
But you could just adjust your story to make it legal, it's fucking dumb.
Your mom would have to say she bought it with her own money and gave it to you as a gift for nothing in return. It's really fucking stupid.

it was a joke suomi
because of the whole 6 month rape thing recently

>pack of fags
Like any laws will prevent a pack of fags from being smoked illegally.

Just look at Orlando.

they're systematically putting the most corrupt and incompetent people in power

this person had a PHD and was making 100k a year and took more than 10 million in bribes, most of that money he probably STILL HAS.

I can't get more than a 12 dollar an hour pharm tech job wtih a bachelors degree.

KILL DEMOCRATS

>she was not the ultimate owner of the gun

Yes, she was. Just briefly. To break the relevant US law she would have to buy the gun with the money of another person, after colluding with them to to arrange the transaction then deliver the firearm.

>look at this wikipedia derived drivel

The case law is quite clear.

There's nothing funny about factually incorrect statements. You should feel ashamed.

not really sure why it's a dumb law.

people shouldn't be allowed to supply or fund terrorism. there needs to be some law to stop that.

some retarded german in another thread was telling me that freedom of money meant that people should be allowed to donate to mosques and terrorist groups if they want

seriously. we just need to make killing brown people legal. there's no way to legally encode some sort of system by which they suddenly stop being murderous

Police don't charge these progressive journalists with crimes, remember when a 30 round magazine was shown on the news in DC and the anchor wasn't thrown in prison?

>Yes, she was. Just briefly
>she was the ultimate gun owner, but only for a short time until she gave it to the actual gun owner
What the fuck, m8

> To break the relevant US law she would have to buy the gun with the money of another person, after colluding with them to to arrange the transaction then deliver the firearm.
Okay. Provide evidence for that. So far you're wrong.
atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/federal-firearms-regulations-reference-guide-2014-edition-atf-p-53004/download
Just read it yourself. Page 165 it starts.

lol

I hope they lock this bitch up

a lot of progressives just have problems being logically consistent

Every time I bring up illegal immigration and drugs they bring up that people here buy it so we should do nothing about the ones supplying it and focus on the people using it.
apply the same logic to abortions and they freak out and go mental

Same thing with refugees
if you don't give into them they will become extremists
its the same logic and giving into anyone for anything because they might not like you when you stand your ground

they are just so fucking dumb that it makes no sense to bring up any logic because it truly doesn't matter

also the law isn't dumb but it is easy to work around it which doesn't really matter because thats not the point of the law

t. A bigoted white male

The truth is as long as the main opposition can label you as such ^^^ just proves killing wouldn't solve anything. Although we do need all democrats to lose power. Doing the thing to actually get rid of them gives them more power in the end. It's a catch 22 and they know it. what a fucking mess

You now realize all rich people and celebrities with PHDs and various fancy titles are corrupt pieces of shit worse than common street trash

this guy is a furry and does E too

he's a felon train wreck

see

I think a lot of it has to do with cancerous parenting practices that cropped up in the 60s. at some point the idea of punishment became seen as cruel fro children. people who live their whole lives without getting punished probably won't use punishment on a murderer, either.

it's so fucking insane. I think I'm just gonna leave to teach esl and never come back. I don't really feel like livng around people that think if someone murders me, he shouldn't be punished.

how do we gain power? by letting them continue to illegally accumulate power throughbribes and stolen jobs?

I make fucking 12 dollars an hour. I have NO pwer.

they WILL will by attrition

>she was the ultimate gun owner, but only for a short time until she gave it to the actual gun owner

I never posted that or implied that. Do not paraphrase and add in other shit. The word "ultimate" does not occur in the relevant statute whatsoever.

>Provide evidence for that

law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/12-1493

The law is quite clear. A straw purchase requires someone to never own the firearm and to buy it on behalf of somebody else. Prior collusion is what makes a straw purchase a straw purchase.

just to emphasize, this guy WILL get out of jail in 5 years. when he does, he and his children will STILL have MORE power, MORE wealth, and MORE opportunity than hard working, smart, innocent people

the WORST thing that ever happens to democrats STILL leaves them in a better position than a republican

how do we fight that?

The only conclusion I can fathom is to create private power. Use their pathetic system to bide our individual strength. It sounds robust but hear me out.

Say we had 100k red pilled business owners who actively browsed Sup Forums

Or even just 20k red pilled soldiers in armed forces.

When shit hits the fan well established individuals will stand out. The trick is to be successful by their standards, but wise by our individual merits.

It's realistically the only way. To become an influential person, by playing their dirty game. Then as one, as the time is ripe, attack in our own way. I do not know the means of the attack whether it be physical, economic or even information spreading - but I do know that the better off you are as a person, the more you can influence on the world.

Play their game and win when we have to. I have a feeling the greater depression is on its way. We should dedicate all our time to bettering ourselves, and to create an obligation for people to do the same.

>She was not the ultimate owner of the gun
>Yes she was. Just briefly
That is literally what you said m8. Don't try and weasel out of it.

Will NEVER be prosecuted, journalists in the pursuit of gun grabbing, especially in liberal cities, are immune to gun laws.

Whats-his-face brought a 30rd magazine on-air on TV in a studio in NY, where such magazines are illegal and people are serving time for possessing, and when the DA's office was informed they responded that it would be unethical to arrest a journalist for doing that.

" Abramski falsely answered that he was the actual buyer. Abramski was convicted for knowingly making false statements “with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale” of a gun, 18 U. S. C. §922(a)(6), and for making a false statement “with respect to the information required . . . to be kept” in the gun dealer’s records, §924(a)(1)(A). The Fourth Circuit affirmed. "
It's literally in the first paragraph, you troglodyte. The courts ruled against this man. What he did was illegal and it falls under the "straw purchase" law.

It's illegal to buy a gun with the intent to sell it immediately, as it would effectively bypass all background checks, it's called a straw-purchase.

Reminds me of a well known case in Sweden where the Swedish newspaper "Expressen" went to the hoods to buy an illegal pistol just to show how easy it is to buy.
They bought one and published the article which resulted in the editor in chief went to court and got convicted for possesion of illegal firearm hehe.
Unfortunatly he only got tickets though.

Here's the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=m3Hb6c2tWl0

To further fuck your shit up, senpai.
>he straw purchaser violates federal law by making a false statement to the FFL about a material fact by lying on ATF Form 4473 (the firearm transaction record) or presenting false identification in connection with the purchase.
She lied about who the ultimate gun owner was. She stated she was going to own the gun. Read the article.

There is no such thing as an "ultimate owner" in any relevant law. I never posted that shit, he did. I should have called him an idiot immediately.

>Profession Child psychologist

dear god

They're allowed to commit felonies if it makes gun owners look bad.

Pic related is Lil' Davy committing a felony in front of millions of people

This is similar to moldbug's idea. the only way to survive is to create private wealth.

the problems are in the details. for example,I got rejected from graduate school despite near perfect scores. what's my path to wealth now? any given thing a person can do has at least a 70% chance of failure these days.

as our economy fails under the weight of commuist rent seekers, business becomes less viable of an option (they'll sue you or take it from you, AND a less robust economy destroys business) so the main path to wealth is through government approval, which they will NEVER give to us, either as a racial group, as an ideological group, or as individual communities.

tis is a deliberate plan to starve out the white man. and most OTHER white men won't help us, they'll tow the feminist line so they can fuck some fat bitch.

an independent economic community will get destroyed by the federal government, as happens to mormon enclaves, or say, the waco compound.

I really think the only way to succeed is to leave. we have to be OUTSIDE of the governmental scope of liberals, period, in order for economics to work. they'll just piecemeal outlaw our businesses otherwise

>literally getting booty blistered by semantics
She still committed a straw purchase. Your own evidence helped me prove my point. The multiple sources I posted proved my point.
Holy shit. You're wrong. Get over it.

>It's literally in the first paragraph

What is? You did not read any of the decision did you? Would a simplified idiot version help?

npr.org/2014/06/16/322650543/supreme-court-rules-against-straw-gun-purchases

He bought the gun with money belonging to his uncle. He gave the gun to his uncle, who is incidentally a bank robber. He admitted to buying it on behalf of another person, with their money.

You fucking retard.

Honestly surprised a gay jewish lawyer hasn't paraded around DC with a 30 rd magazine, just to get arrested so he could sue them for discrimination against a protected class, he could make millions.

underrated. i also feel you've been waiting to spring that one up for a good while now user

captcha: 666

Did anything come of that or did he walk away scott free?
>google
Fuck that shit. Splain yosef nigga!

Walked free, see
DA refused to press charges.

You clearly didn't read the first paragraph of your own source. I'll post it again. "Petitioner Bruce Abramski offered to purchase a handgun for his uncle. The form that federal regulations required Abramski to fill out (Form 4473) asked whether he was the “actual transferee/buyer” of the gun, and clearly warned that a straw purchaser (namely, someone buying a gun on behalf of another) was not the actual buyer. Abramski falsely answered that he was the actual buyer. Abramski was convicted for knowingly making false statements “with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale” of a gun, 18 U. S. C. §922(a)(6), and for making a false statement “with respect to the information required . . . to be kept” in the gun dealer’s records, §924(a)(1)(A). The Fourth Circuit affirmed. "
That's not the only definition of what a straw purchase is, you buffoon.
Lying on your FFL form about who is the owner of the firearm is against the law and is considered a straw purchase.
The article says nothing about her gifting her firearm, and her giving it to someone "immediately" after she bought it makes it a straw purchase.

Goddamn, Achmed. Just sit down.

To reiterate, I think you're mistaking overall straw purchase and mistaking it with firearm straw purchase law.

>Petitioner Bruce Abramski offered to purchase a handgun for his uncle.

Straw purchase, yes we have been over this.

>That's not the only definition of what a straw purchase is

Yes, it is.

>Lying on your FFL form about who is the owner of the firearm is

She is the owner. When she gives it away or sells it, that person is the owner. A straw purchase is where the person receiving the firearm from the dealer is not the actual owner, and is simply BUYING THE FIREARM FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

>The article says nothing about her gifting her firearm
>...her giving it to someone
>giving it to someone
>giving

That is a gift. Gifts are given. You fucking imbecile.

Liberal Media gets screwed on the liberal laws it supports

Then fuck it I give up. The mice experiments were a prelude to reality. I have had it worse than every other human I know and I can't be bothered to struggle every damn day of my life to someone else's benefit. For every failure is another failure. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm just a natural failure but fuck it I don't care anymore.

Will never happen, powerful liberals are above the law. It's the whole alinsky "the ends justify the means" shit. They can do whatever they want as long as their goal is more progressivism.

I don't make the laws. You have yet to address
>Yes, it is.
see

>She is the owner
She never intended on being the owner. She lied to the salesman and on her FFL form.

>That is a gift. Gifts are given. You fucking imbecile.
Again, for like the 10th time, according to the article, she never intended on being the owner of the firearm. She committed a straw purchase as she merely acted as a vector to transfer the gun to someone else possession, while lying to the gun salesman and on the FFL paperwork. Read the article.

I bet you that yee guy doesn't think he's a failure

at some point we just need to take bad people and kill them, and it'll never get better without killing evil people. that's my position on it.

if evil people are killing your family, there's no legal solution that avoids conflict.

Nice one, Centurian!