Its insane how well this space battle from Return of the Jedi has aged in 33 years

youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

WHERE DID THE STAR DESTROYERS GO REEEEEE

Well, obviously they went off so the stormtroopers could turn into zombies in peace.

This battle is better than the one with starkiller base in episode 7

Nien Nunbs laugh at 8:12 keks me everytime

>Spaceships get shot down
>they fall downwards in zero gravity
>"aged well"

nope.

>like 30 star destroyers
>don't do shit

Shaking my honest head.

I have the old VHS version of that movie. The space battle sucks, it's the worst in all the OT.

The sfx is so bad that you see the difference in color between space and the space surrounding the ships. It's like black/greish squares with a ship pic on it running around on a dark background. Same problem with the bike scene, but a little less obvious because of the forest setting.

This is the only thing that was worth fixing in the re-release. The rest of the changes were jarring and unecessary.

Funny that every planet and spaceship is 9.81 m/s/s

based daisyposter calling it like it is

Why would a freighter lead a squadron of fighters?

>I don't understand even basic Newtonian model gravitation

You're breaking my immersion. Stop this immediately.

nostalgia the topic

INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER

asian rebel at 2:14
Black rebel at 4:26

"b-but muh disney turned SW multicultural"

>muh white cast of two jews and a twink

>be Star Destroyer
>the most badass looking ship in the whole trilogy/galaxy
>do literally nothing, ever

I just realzied, why the fuck did the super star destroyer only have one command post that controlled the whole ship? Like shouldn't there have been at least two others just in case shit like that happened? Are we just going to shrug and off and blame it on the empires bad engineering?

>Leia takes the gun away fron Han, shoots Stormtroopers and takes charge of her own rescue while making quips
>So sexist and problematic! SHE WORE A BIKINI IN ONE OF THE SEQUELS REEEE IT DOESN'T MATTER SHE SINGLEHANDEDLY KILLED JABBA! Thank god we finaly have a strong female character in Rey for the first time in Star Wars!!

Wouldn't the ship be affected by the gravity of the Endor, the moon or even the Death Star?

There's some old EU fluff that's probably not canon anymore about how the Super Star Destroyer actually had a battle bridge but that they didn't have time to reestablish control of the ship.
It really is. I don't even know how they pulled off some of those motion control shots.

see

I remember when my friend was watching the movie and he pointed that out to me, many keks were had. Bravo Lucas.

why don't they all have remote control options?

because its a movie about space wizards

b-but that's my favorite space battle of all time op

still gives me goosebumps

Let's not pretend it wasn't the attention seeking lesbians and numales that made this such an issue. They've been pushing arguments so retarded they've actually made it acceptable to be racist again in mainstream society.