Why was HBO so god-tier 10 years ago and why are they such garbage today?

Why was HBO so god-tier 10 years ago and why are they such garbage today?

You ever watch Flight of the Conchords? Kind of unrelated, but was on HBO like 10 years ago. Very funny.

>Westworld
>The Young Pope
>garbage

Yeah no.

Westworld was utter tripe. Shame you had to waste quads on such a shitty post.

Sorry, can't hear your wrong opinions over your singles partner.

>falling for the Westworld meme

how exactly do you have the brainpower to watch the young pope, let alone consider it good?

Because normies didn't watch all their shit. They made shows for the kinds of people who'd want it.

I never said that Westworld is the height of television, just that it's definitely not cancer. Thanks for the compliment though.

>watching anything regarding the pope other than Borgias

memba when HBO was god-tier? Yeah, I memba

A combination of Jews and women I'm guessing.

Feminism.

Westworld is great and The Young Pope is one of the best tv shows ever made. Still the best content in television by far and away

Watch it

>1800s
>Using terms like "cocksucker"

What, you think blowjobs are something new or some shit?

Westworld is mediocre and frequently disappointing. Often times ridiculous as well.

I still don't forgive them for canceling Carnivale but letting shit like True Blood and GOT run for multiple seasons.

>canceling Carnivale
RIP
that show was thickfu central

Hey, did you know they actually spoke Latin in ancient Rome? But that hack Shakespeare wrote Julius Caesar in Elizabethan English. What a cocksucker, right?

10 years before deadwood, HBO was shit too.

Shits cyclical.

Name a better current channel, I'll wait

broadcast is dead and won't exist long enough for HBO to upswing again.

>admitting defeat

Nice

>believing there's just one other person on the internet

>is one of the best tv shows ever made.
a phrase often thrown around on Sup Forums for the latest fad-shows, but after two or three seasons all shows with that seal of approval jumped the shark.

why's that?

>fad-shows

The Young Pope is on par with I, Claudius my plebe friend. We aren't talking about Mad Men tier meme show here

not him but westworld really is garbage for retards. pope is pretty good but obviously neither compare to the quality hbo was producing during the late 90s early 00s

Because back then, the corp suits didn't interfere that much, nowadays it's much more back-and-forth (for various reason, mostly political agenda) and it hurts everything.

Westworld is genuinely mediocre, HBO in its prime would have rejected the hell out of that script. Same with Vinyl, but at least they got the decency to scrap it entirely.

Hopefully David Simon's show and The Leftovers next year change my mind on neo-HBO. At least they still produce good miniseries.

Sundance is the new HBO

Westworld had issues and a lot of filler, but it's decent. Last season of GoT was a massive improvement compared to the previous one and still safely the best normie show airing. The Young Pope is brilliant and on par with the best of HBO. That not speaking about their minis which is the best television you can watch today: Show me a hero was great and The Night Of was amazing.

So no man, you're just an autist overreacting. You should be complaining about the sad, saaad state of cinema instead

>Last season of GoT was a massive improvement compared to the previous one
Already completely forgotten the last season I see.

>Last season of GoT was a massive improvement compared to the previous one

Man, that is so not true, Season 6 was loaded with plot holes, fan pandering and swerves for the sake of swerves, it also had the weakest BIG BATTLE in the series.

Damn didn't know they canceled vinyl, I actually liked that show. Any alternatives?

how did he admit defeat? hbo can be the best channel and still suck ass compared to what it used to be

you're an idiot

>finally someone mentions The night of in this shithole that Sup Forums has become
enjoyed that series too, m8 phama

>it also had the weakest BIG BATTLE in the series

It was the best big battle and probably the best episode of the whole thing, my objectively wrong friend

yes...a foothold, a rope and one chair.

I didn't care for it, massive disappointment, it was a dumb summer blockbuster-tier, only with weak cinematography.

>state the truth backed by multiple hints and blatant statements in various interviews over the last few years
>be called an idiot

Are you a libshit, by any chance? Would explain everything.

Nah, you're an idiot.