/Warren Zevon General/

Have you accepted the excitable boy as your lord and savior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V8P6D7wujeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been slowly easing my way through his discography and enjoying it immensely.

Favorite albums?

His self titled 1976 release is great. I also love the B-side of Wanted Dead or Alive. Excitable Boy is good but I think I've overplayed it and burnt out. Transverse City is also very much worth a listen.

Yeah that's actually the album that I've been listening to a lot lately. I grew up with Excitable Boy and Stand in the Fire and still like them a lot.

My Ride's Here, a very touching and funny album about death without all the depressing baggage of The Wind.

Unlike Warren, this thread will not be allowed to die without a fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=V8P6D7wujeU

>write a song ripping off Sweet Home Alabama
>it becomes your biggest hit
>later write a song mocking Sweet Home Alabama
What did he mean by this?

Warron Zevon is what Springsteen would be like if he had talent.

Based Traverse City poster. I always liked Warren but I only got that one a couple of years ago. I like it as a concept album.

The rip off was because he needed a guaranteed hit to cement his career after the modest success of "Warren Zevon" (1976) the mockery was because of Zevon's interesting relationship with the south - he admired their rebel spirit and culture of "honor" (said as much in interviews) but the actual state of the south during his lifetime (racist, poor) disappointed him greatly.

>Transverse City
I have the original cassette release with HX Pro noise reduction. That album really is best on cassette.

I've noticed there's a fair few late 80s albums where that is the case. The CD versions are mastered wrong and the later remastered versions (if existing at all) are brickwalled to all fuck.

going to a Zevon tribute show tomorrow. v stoked

had one of the best and most intelligent senses of humor in 1970s and 1980s music is how I best remember him by these days.

It makes sense. Transverse City was originally mastered on magnetic tape (probably 15 IPS, 10 inch reel). It was then converted to digital for the CD release. This conversion process was unlikely to be as closely supervised as the original mastering. Therefore the cassette and vinyl versions will be a lot closer to the artist's and engineer's vision than the CD version. The cassette version will be good, but the vinyl version is probably the best version. I prefer the cassette because for a late eighties record it is the most A E S T H E T I C.

cassettes sound great coming out of your car stereo

but yeah you're totally right

Where?

BTT

last bump

david letterman-core

POWER RANKINGS

s/t > mr bad example > transverse city > mutineer > the envoy > life'll kill ya > sentimental hygiene > excitable boy > bad luck streak in dancing school > my ride's here > the wind > wanted dead or alive