So I finally checked this out and I don’t understand the hype...

So I finally checked this out and I don’t understand the hype. Can someone explain to me how people think it’s better than GKMC and TPAB?

>Can someone explain to me how people think it’s better than GKMC and TPAB?
Literally no thinks this.

It’s a solid 7/10, nothing more

I didnt think it was better than TPAB

I gave it an 8/10

>I unironically think Kendrick Lamar is a real artist worthy of discussion in 2018

fpbp

Because cuckmusique fans are delusional

It apparently inspired a few black men to murder completely random white men. The album is meant to be played in backwards order which of course implies a hidden meaning or agenda.

It’s got a higher score on metacritic and every time someone brings up Kendrick on campus people go on about how this is his best work

Because it's his most ironic.

TPAB is one point higher with a 96, it also has a much higher user score.

Didn't Tpab preach tolerance and peace? It certainly seemed to be used that way as entire crowds chanted We gonna be Alright in the face of despair.

Artists tend to grow and progress in their works. They usually build on prior works. I wonder what Damn built if Tpab preached peace.

TPAB pretty much preached black self determination, consciousness and tolerance in the face of hypocrisy in urban black culture, institutionalized and systemic racism and Lamar's own personal experiences with survivors guilt and depression.

And what about Damn? I just now realized it might have been used as a homophone.

only plebs think that.

It's a 5/10, maybe 6/10. Average, but good for a rap record. I really don't like ELEMENT or FEEL. HUMBLE makes me cringe have to say.

I still think Untitled Unmastered is Kendrick's best because it feels like it's ideas and rhythms coming straight from his head instead of an overblown formulaic thing from the leagues of writers and producers that were expended to create To Pimp A Butterfly.

Not even meming, only plebs like it.
Like, the kind of people who have never listened to an album from beginning to end.

Anybody who prefers GKMC or DAMN. over TPAB is a certified fucking pleb.

OP here, and I honestly agree. Can’t see why this album gets so much love

So is this album actually worth listening to backwards or is that a meme?

So these people hear songs like Backseat Freestyle, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, Swimming Pools, Blacker the Berry, I, and Alright and they think "yeah I like this"
Then they hear DNA, Humble and Loyalty and they turn into the brainless wojack meme "me like da bangas"
They no concept as to why people praise his last two albums so much, they just want radio shit, which is exactly what Kendrick was aiming for with this album as far as I can tell. I'm very disappointed in him.

>dont like element
Why?

Literally no one says it's better than TPAB and GKMC but it definitely deserves the hype. 9/10

this!!

i like it when Kendrick looks inward rather than outward, so this hits harder for me even though (or maybe because) it's not as ambitious as TPAB.

i legit think "Feel" and "Fear" are the best songs he's done in half a decade.

duckworth was 10/10

If in people you mean music review sites that are afraid to give it an actual review instead of an instant perfect score, then yeah people do think it's perfect. A normal unbiased kendrick fan would tell you it's highs are high, but's its lows are low. Still a good album, but not on the level of GKMD or TPAB.