OK I just marathoned the 7th episode of star wars, now I got some question

OK I just marathoned the 7th episode of star wars, now I got some question.

Thishere plaent weapon thing sucks the energy from the sun, until the sun is drained and it all goes dark.

Then what? Sun drained, no energy, can't fire again, can't move because it's a fucking planet, and anyways it would takes years for the beam to travel interstellar distances, it's all wrong it makes no sense the empire (or possibly the writers) are retarded.

The planet has been fitted with an engine system, allowing it to move to new star systems. The beam fires through hyperspace

It could move. From wookieepedia:
>The superweapon consumed stars as a power source via a method which cut off starlight from the surface, and would move on to a new star system after depleting a particular star. Its mobility was provided by rocket ports on the far side of the base.

In novelisation there was also mentioned that it used hyperspace to shot it's laser beam so it could hit any target in the galaxy

welll none of that shit was in the movie so maybe your just pulling it out of your ass after the fact

Well he's right, so, out of his ass or not, it still is.

That said, physics obviously don't work the same. Take note of when people on distant planets, in distant solar systems, could see the beam in real time take out several worlds across the stars. This makes no sense in our universe with our physics.

It's always been obvious the star wars universe doesn't act like our own because there's fucking magic in it, but shit like this should make you just sit down, shut up and realize that it was never meant to have realistic sense made of it.

If a movie is so full of shit it needs an explanation in a fucking "wookipedia" to make any sense of it, it was badly written, I'm not reading shit oyu either put it in the movie or fuck off m8

It's in the novelization.Technical explanations for how giant fantasy planet lasers work really don't fit in any sort of film. You didn't need an explanation for how the Death Star worked, but now you suddenly need an in depth technical analysis of how the entire thing works in a movie years later?

There's a problem here. It's not with the movie.

It's with you.

>I need every single detail verbally explained to me or else it's shit writing
>I can't just look at the thing and assume that somewhere on that long trench of technology is an engine
>I can't just look at the beam and think "wow maybe it travels in hyperspace since it's so fast"
>I have to have someone sit down and calmly explain these details using small words or the movie sucks

>It's in the novelization
I'm watching a movie m8 not reading a book, as a standalone movie it literally makes no sense and the explanations are weak and an after-thought when they realized it makes no sense

You should consider not watching movies anymore if technical explanations is what you're after.

I'd consider dropping all kinds of fiction, as a matter of fact, and just go read technical manuals on various machines.

it's a fantasy movie made for children. stop being retarded.

fanboi logic

>its ok its shit its for children lol
>dont need to explain anything in movie its in a book lol

you don't need to explain anything in a movie though, the prime principle behind moviemaking is "show, don't tell". It showed you a planet loaded with technology and a laser beam going super fast, if it sat down and told you the details of this it'd ruin the movie.

Y'know, you're asking for explanations that the books have, maybe you should consider switching hobbies and start reading instead. You certainly don't seem to understand film as a medium

he's just fucking retarded, and bored

don't feed this worthless scum

>there's no such thing as exposition
>show don't tell

it showed a planet, which traditionally don't move from orbit around their sun, and showed the sun being sucked dark. It did not show any capabilty of planet movement or hyperspace beam technology, therefore it did not show enough to make that make sense

I know but I'm fucking bored too so I'm gonna keep talking and you can't stop me

He's just retarded and shilling bro.

Don't feed into the defense force. They're better paid and outnumber you.

planets don't traditionally move from orbit but planets aren't traditionally covered in a massive trench of science fiction technology going all the way across the planet's surface, nor do planets traditionally have giant laser cannons on them. If you're expecting this planet to behave traditionally, you're retarded. Expecting you to assume that they didn't turn an entire planet into a giant cannon only for one shot, and that one of the pieces of technology you weren't given a detailed tech manual on might be an engine, isn't unreasonable.

And thats why the 7th episode is the dumbest of all the Star wars saga, and thats why the Rogue one should have been another episode.

They showed the planet was a cannon.

That's fine.

They didn't show it move. They didn't say it could move.

That's not fine.

They showed it shot laser beams.

They did not in any way indicate how the beams were moving across the galaxy. No warp effect. Not anything.

That is bad visual storytelling.

It doesn't need a fucking manual, it simply needs one guy mentioning the engines, or the hyperspace beam shit, the fact it isn't mentioned means they didn't think of it until after and then they shoved it in a book and said meh who cares it's for kids lol

>They didn't show it move.
the story didn't require it to move, the only reason to put it moving in the movie is to satisfy your lack of ability to make logical assumtpions
>They didn't say it could move.
not visual storytelling
>They did not in any way indicate how the beams were moving across the galaxy. No warp effect. Not anything.
sure they did, you said it yourself, it travelled very very fast, and reached a planet in a different systems within a few seconds. That tells you that it's travelling at faster-than-light speeds.
The fact it isn't mentioned means they probably assumed the audience could figure stuff like that out without out-of-the-blue technobabble exposition that would ruin whatever scene it was entered into just for the sake of the mental incapabilities of one internet autist.

JJ abrams is retarded he did similar retardation in star trek 2009, he doesn't understand basic concepts of space and distance, alternatively he thinks the audience it too stupid to notice.

>the story didn't require it to move,
It had to relocate to drain a new sun.

>not visual storytelling
Not the part I called bad visual storytelling.

>sure they did, you said it yourself, it travelled very very fast, and reached a planet in a different systems within a few seconds.
Not made evident visually. The beams move slowly across the screen in every scene they are shown. There is also nothing to indicate how far they've traveled. In fact the only visual tell we get indicates all planets destroyed are in the same system since you see all beams on the "receiving end" from the surface of one world.

Bad visual storytelling poorly hand waved in superfluous material.

I will agree that Abram's take on star trek was fucking bad, Star Trek is traditionally a very technically specific franchise that shows a lot of the technological aspects of things and tries to keep a consistency. Complaining about thinks like the turbolift somehow going at warp speed now is fair, cause it didn't used to, and it breaks with the style of the franchise.

This is not true for star wars however, star wars never bothered with any kind of hard sci fi technicality, and the very thing that the planet laser in episode 7 is mimicking, namely the death star from episode 4, also didn't provide any of these explanations. Complaining that a movie continues the exact thing established by previous movies in the series is fucking stupid.

Star Wars is kiddy shit, that's why.

Original Death Star also had no engines.

the turbo lift and the ships in star trek have always gone as quickly as the plot needs fag

>alternatively he thinks the audience it too stupid to notice.
Well he's right at this one.

They mention in the movie that it's a hyperspace weapon or something. So the beam it shoots travels faster than light.

Porkins 2.0 described it as a hyper-light speed weapon. Try listening to dialogue while you're looking at the pretty colors/special effects, tard

Now hold on I thought TFA showed, not told.

>OK I just marathoned a movie

???

god you sound like such a fucking faggot

>marathoned one movie

>planet can travel to other systems
>this requires ftl travel for an entire planet
>the planetary defenses' one weakness as stated by the characters is that it's shields allow light and other things travelling at that speed through
>meaning, once they start on their way at ftl, their shields will let everything in.

>OK I just marathoned the 7th episode of star wars

Watching a regular length movie is now considered a marathon by the millenials.

>attempting to nitpick this hard without also knowing that you can't fight in hyperspace in star wars

people who think they're clever but actually aren't are the worst

I find it hard to watch an entire movie in one go, I have to take breaks every 15 minutes or so

>Shoot an episode IV remake with woman and black affirmative action hires
>Stupid fans like it
They can't keep getting away with it.

>fight

Dude.
There's shit in space.
It's why you have shields on even when you're not shot at.

So...you're the worst?

>being a literal ADHD

KYS faggot.

Not when you're in hyperspace retard.

Not according to the stunt they pulled in the same movie.

They interact with real space while travelling ftl, it's why they had to be careful going in.

So no more ass pulls?, or you wanna keep being that guy that keeps defending TFA.

You one of those guys that just lacks imagination ain't you.

Nigga I'm paying to watch a unit of entertainment, not sit and daydream my own story

No they interact with gravity

gravity wells the size of a planet pull you out of hyperspace, if you don't leave hyperspace before you hit the planet then you get popped into real space inside the crust or whatever and get instantly killed.

Before you say it, yes I know this makes no actual physical sense, it's just how it works in star wars the science fantasy epic about space wizards

Fuck me you must be boring.

please name a single movie that explains every little detail and doesn't need further explanation

Why don't you sit and stare at an off-TV, and just imagine your own shows

why didn't they put that super shield gate platform in rogue one to block potential hyperspace intruders or possibility of it being disabled on the planet by four individuals.

I watch them and then later think about it, its fucking normal. Plus these shows come from some other fuckers imagination anyway lol.

Primer

So you sat and watched this and then later thought, hmm I wonder what happpens to that planet weapon now it's drained it's sun, oh well I guess it must have engines or some shit it's fine hurrr who even cares lol

> it would takes years for the beam to travel interstellar distances

They literally LITERALLY called it a "hyper-lightspeed weapon" in the film.

How do you mouthbreathing retards even surivive?

>movie about time travel
>no further explanation needed
Time travel is a concept that needs further explanation to begin with.

I quite like not having EVERY question answered. Mystery makes us give a shit in the first place and paying off a 20 year mystery can be horse shit like it was with Prometheus. People used fuck tons of imagination for what the space jockey was and it was better left alone as reality never compares to imagination.

they did have a shield around the planet, they approached at lightspeed because of the refresh rate of the shield or some shit

The Death Star moved at light speed so I just assumed Starkiller base had the same kind of ability. Who the fuck would build a weapon that can only fire one fucking time and never move from threats. It took me a very short time to come to this conclusion.

the box office shows that nobody actually cares
people come to see a fun movie
they get a fun movie
they don't give a single fuck about how does the planet work or some shit
that's not important to the story
that's suspension of disbelief.
if you're not willing to have it, why watch Star Wars movies at all? their very basic concept requires suspension of disbelief.
I'm not defending TFA, it's still a bad movie, but not explaining how that one weapon wortks isn't one of its main problems.

They literally stated in the movie that the beam went through hyperspace. You are being a complete retard.

they had a shit version of a shield that got disabled really easily by four sneaky scooby doo characters.
If they had a shield platform working in tandem with the regular weak planet shield bet the falcon would of crumpled on impact.

i mean they had the platform guard a library, not your last chance super weapon