Why are the Irish so mean spirited?

pic very very related

There's a word common in Ireland called "begrudging".
Basically people think dragging down other people is an accomplishment, and on the other end, braggarts, snobs and thieves think they're justified against all humility because they can write everyone off as "begrudgers".
The common attitude is that it's a legacy of the colonisation, where the only people who got wealth were foreigners, turncoats, and quislings, and so "begrudgery" is a phenomenon of the native Irish peasants, but personally I think that's a comfortable narrative for the heirs of those kinds of people. Begrudgery is the product of the "house negroes" looking down on everyone else.

hey I was trying to bait stop it

The mean-spiritedness question (MSQ) is at the heart of Ireland's problems desu.

What would you say Germany's most common attitude problem is?

one called me a bastard
i only cried a little bit

it's in their nature desu

Feck off
I'll box the head o' ya

Ireland is the greatest country in this side of the world, the real land of the free

>Irish people in America discriminated against Italians yet devoutly practiced an Italian religion
You can't make this shit up.

>italian religion
Sol Invictus was a thing in America? or the roman gods?

Sol Invictus? He came from Persia. But lets see...
>ROMAN Catholic Church
>Most popes were ethnic Italians
>Latin is official language.
>Most prolific Roman Catholicana is Italian (Michelangelo, Da Vinci)
>Values in Roman Catholicism are largely Italian
>Most famous theologians were Italians
>headquarters in the Middle of Italy.

Every Irishman is born with an overwhelming anger at the world that must be doused with alcoholism. That's why "the craic" is such an important concept to them, they'd kill themselves otherwise

I think it's just a common defence mechanism. It's easier to run things and people down to cushion or inflate your ego or self esteem.

It's a very easy and typical mode of operation to assume and persist with.

Probably has something to do with england

what did you expect from a nation where alcoholism and violent behaviour are encouraged? it's not even their fault though, it's just a part of their nature

did they? I didn't think the irish americans were ever in a position to be above italians

>a nation where alcoholism and violent behaviour are encouraged
we talking about Russia or Ireland

Probably the lack of will and opportunity to accomplish "great thingsā„¢" for or in Ireland qua Ireland/qua Irishness.
The mindset in "Official Ireland" and wealthy Ireland is that we're a province that should culturally cringe at everything that isn't simply the implementation of Anglo-American culture and policy.

Alcoholism is encouraged but violent behaviour has been constrained and we're as pussified as anywhere in NW Europe.

>were as pussified as anywhere in NW Europe
Hello Dublin. This is blatently false

From the 20s to late 40s, Irish gangs ruled supreme on the East Coast

Wow ur 'ard.

t.