Episode 3 fan edit

How come the Dawn of the Empire fan edit is never discussed here? It literally turns an ok movie into kino.
My new ranking:
Empire Strikes Back (Grindhouse edition)>Star Wars (Harmy's despecialized edition)>Rogue one>Return of the Jedi (harmy's despecialized)=Dawn of the Empire>The Force awakens>The Phantom Menace>Attack of the Clones

Other urls found in this thread:

ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-ii-army-of-the-republic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>remove the elevator scene with Obi Wan and Anakin
>remove Dooku trying to get Anakin to not kill him
Episode 3 was perfect and didn't need any scenes removed (not talking about the acting but literally Episode 3 doesn't need any scenes cut out).

I did however watch an 80 minute cut of Episode 2 which made the movie so much better because the entire romantic plot with Padme and Anakin was gone and it flowed so much better. Although I hated how the editor cut out Jango's death scene (why?).
ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-ii-army-of-the-republic/

>Episode 3 was perfect and didn't need any scenes removed
kill yourself you tasteless retarded childish filth

merry christmas

I hate the prequels, but sweet baby Jesus, be civil man.

The elevator scene was cringy and unnecessary. Plinket was right. That scene was only a clumsy way to tell the audience about their relationship.

The scene with dooku was improved because it gets rid of the why-didn't-he-say-something-about-being-betrayed-by-his-master plot hole. It also chopped out that dumb cgi flip Dooku does at the beginning.

>be civil man.

>new hope (grindhouse)
>prequels (Auralnauts editon)
>empire strikes back (despecialized edition)

The color palate of Empire looks better as grindhouse than ANH does.

Any Fan Edit using machete order ?

New hope
Empire
Attack of clones
Sith
Return of Jedi

Also I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to edit out the first Death Star destruction and save it for Return of the Jedi to make the entire thing into a massive one film epic?

I think to pull that off the death star would have had to have been just damaged in the battle of Yavin. You would have to make a sew explosion shot and also change some of the dialog. Ideally you'd also have a shot of the rebel fleet evacuating Yavin with the damaged hulk of the death star in the background.

>fan edit

Wtf? Why waste your time with fan edits? There is hours of good movies and you watch fan edit of Star Wars?

Just

>Episode 3 was perfect and didn't need any scenes removed

I disagree. The whole Kashyyyk subplot should have been cut, as should the return to Coruscant after Bail flees following the Temple Purge. The confab between Yoda, Kenobi & Organa in the epilogue should have been removed.

Conversely, Padme needed a lot more to do.

You should realy check out this fan edit. The gang still goes back to Coruscant but it's used to good effect.
Padme is also used more because he puts the cut rebellion scene back in.
kashyyyk is still in there just much less.
He cuts between plot lines a lot more so instead of kashyyyk being some irrelevant sub-plot it's just the place Yoda happens to be while other events are happening.

>episode 3 was perfect and didn't need any scenes removed

So love has blinded you?!

Labyrinth of Evil is the better fanedit.

explain why please.

Bumping with this 10/10 edit that chops out the "high ground" scene.

For what purpose?

The entire point here is that Anakin's hubris has reached a point where he attempts to power his way through an obvious rookie error which Obi-Wan, the objectively inferior duellist (spends the entire fight up to this point retreating) can capitalise on. It creates a directly traceable arc between Anakin's own pride and his physical deterioration into Darth Vader, serving as a broader metaphor for the same decay morally.

I agree with the mentality that this Obi-Wan/Anakin duel was overblown and way too long for it's own good but cutting out that specific part seems to defeat the narrative of the whole trilogy.

It was fucking dumb. Especially when they each had "the high ground" at various different points in the same fight.

Would it be possible to cut a single movie from all of the prequel footage that got rid of the stupid shit I wonder.

What cuts do we need here?

>Some of the episode 1 stuff for Obi-Wan, probably need some Qui-Gon stuff here as well to establish Obi-Wan's future failings as a master

>ep 1 stuff about Anakin like how he was too old to be trained, tie this to the qui-gon stuff and frame it as radical departure from the Jedi-order (include here some of the pod-racing stuff because "greatest pilot ever" ? not sure desu)

>perhaps an attempt to frame the blockade of Naboo as part of a wider context than it was in the film and thereby skip the dumb lead up to the clone wars

>there's a lot of bad film making in the romance subplot but it seems in many ways a necessity, can we try to edit this to be less stupid?

>ep 2 stuff about the weird way Obi-Wan is apparently training Anakin, the lack of foresight that ends with them all on genosis

>frame the conflict on genosis as an historic militarisation of an otherwise mostly peaceful order to parallel the decay of the republic?

>include the death of Anakin's mother but little to none of the sand people and aftermath, that seems very premature in the actual film

>probably need at least some of the Dooku fight, although this might need to be chopped up and put somewhere else to avoid clashing with the very early second fight against Dooku in ep 3

>a lot of ep 3 needs to be retained I would assume, especially the stuff about Anakin not being a master and Obi-Wan continuously being off gallivanting around the galaxy, this is a recurring theme that could be explored.

>cut a lot of the ending, none of the set up with Obi-wan on tattooine and all of that retarded shit is necessary and ruins the flow of the franchise.

>editing out the only good thing about the movie

oh you're an autist who doesn't actually understand or care about how films and narratives work.

Never mind then, carry on as you were.

Oh yeah, "You can't win, I have the high ground", that was a character defining line all right.

>caring about the line

back to film school champ, reread the earlier post

>prequels (Auralnauts editon)

my guy

You're on the point here. The concept was good, the execution was flawed. We needed Anakin to be in a precarious situation of his own making, where he could escape, but instead chooses a suicide move against Obi Wan because he is so blinded that he thinks he would survive.

Keeping the general theme of a lava planet, we have it so Anakin is recklessly destroying equipment whereas Obi Wan is not (he continues to retreat) until we reach a point where Obi Wan is effectively steering Anakin to safety whilst Anakin is blindly following him trying to cut him to bits. Culminating perhaps in Anakin cutting out the ground/supports of a bridge they are on, purely in an attempt to drop Obi Wan into lava without realising the same would happen to him. Obi Wan ends up on the slope of the collapsing bridge, the "high ground" whilst Anakin perhaps gets trapped in some metal ropes or some shit. In his attempts to cut at Obi Wan, he either cuts his own limb off whilst extricating himself, or forces Obi Wan to defend himself by attacking him even though he's in a hopeless situation. Almost like the cliche where someone catches the villain's hand to stop them falling down a cliff, and the villain attacks them, dooming they dumb ass.

Just off the top of my head, and this will probably not be a great example, but if I had a team of writers to bounce ideas off for weeks I'm sure we could come up with something better. The point is, we needed a situation that better emphasized the danger Anakin was in, instead of just him jumping like a lunatic from a stationary platform, as we've never had it established that one character being a few feet higher than the other is such a supreme advantage.

>In his attempts to cut at Obi Wan, he either cuts his own limb off whilst extricating himself

oh fug this is pretty pottery user

>anakin's arm gets trapped under some bit of machinery
>obi-wan powers down and says, look what you've done you idiot, you've doomed yourself and all of us along with you, etc.
>anakin foolishly cuts his own arm off to try and get back into the fight
>in doing so does X (like cut some crucial support out or w.e) which cascades down to ruining his whole body somehow

this properly establishes

1. The depths of Anakin's insanity
2. The level of arrogance on his part to a) wind up in such a situation and b) try to get out of it the way he does

alternatively we need to return all the way to the start of the prequels and have something drilled into the audience about how jedi combat works, maybe something better than just "high ground" though.

How about "A Jedi must never lose his lightsaber," ep 2 has all that shit about anakin losing his lightsaber already. Then in the final fight Anakin from a disadvantageous position attempts some kind "throw your lightsaber" move that he's never actually trained for and at the climatic moment is unable to force pull it to himself for safety.

how autistic is this for an idea?

>Bumping with this 10/10 edit that chops out the "high ground" scene.

easily the best scene aside from the